PDA

View Full Version : Luftwaffe air support

_Seth_
11-21-06, 07:26 PM
Ok, i've noticed that some of my fellow kaleuns is missing the luftwaffe and their excellent support in the heat of battle. Here is a clue....
Using GW 1.1a :
The date is June 2, 1942, and me and the crew has left the port of Bergen in our brand new ViiC. (Brand new = Bernard hasn't used the toilet on this one....yet. Personally i think Bernard is a relative to "Borat".... ) Anyway, as you folks know, there is a british task force outside the norwegian coast, between Shetland and Bergen. It consists of a group of destroyers, eager to get som uboat for dinner. I intercepted these fast-travelin' mercenaries of destruction, and was going to PD when my stealth meter suddenly went red.... "Dang, whats this?", i thought to myself.... I ordered scope up, and my worst nightmare came through. (Noooo, i didnt imagine Bernard getting any children..Duhh):doh: All of the destroyers had turned around, and was heading STRAIGHT for me! I told my crew to set her up for a bowshot at the closest one, while i tried to find out what went wrong since they dicovered us. (I can tell you this much: It includes Bernard + 1 piece of emergency rocket, and the explanation; "I wanted to zee if it worked, herr kaleun..." :nope:)
I hit the nearest destroyer with a torp under the bow, but i think the rest of them got p**sed of by that... So i started a cat and mouse game with them, to avoid beeing DC'ed.... But it didnt help. It rained depthcharges!
After a while, with a lot of zig-zagging, i managed to raise my scope to see if there was any chance of another shot, and surely, it was. A destroyer was turning around in front of me, well in range for a nice suprise. I open the outer doors, waited until he read 000 on my scope, and "fire one"!!! The clock indicated 23 seconds to impact, but after 30, still nothing had happend. I considered this a miss, and raised my scope to see where that b@5t@rd were... I locked on to him, and started turning around for another shot. Suddenly i saw the whole back of the destroyer go up in flames! "What the..... I didnt have any homing torps aboard, how could this be....??"
Then i realized it. Behind all the smoke of the burnin' brit, a dark shadow appeared in the sky. I looked around, and there were tons of them!! LUFTWAFFE!!!!! :rock:
I didnt call the, or deliver a contackt report, so i'll guess that this had to be scripted in the GW or something. But those little friends sure saved my day!!!

Here is some pics:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9876/littlefriendsol1.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2671/littlefriends2th7.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3076/littlefriends3km6.jpg

Conclusion: Dont underestimate the power of the luftwaffe! :lol:

TarJak
11-21-06, 08:49 PM
It would be nice you you got a slice of the renown for doing their spotting for them though.

bookworm_020
11-21-06, 09:53 PM
Will you be by the flyboys a drink when you get home? They saved your bacon!!

_Seth_
11-21-06, 09:59 PM
renown would be cool, though!

And drinks: I'll buy them a keg!! :rotfl:

stabiz
11-21-06, 11:05 PM
Very, very cool.

JSalinger
11-21-06, 11:10 PM
Heck with you buying them drinks, they ought to buying YOU drinks!

_Seth_
11-22-06, 12:02 AM
Heck with you buying them drinks, they ought to buying YOU drinks!

:rotfl::rotfl:I Agree!! Bring them cold ones!

TarJak
11-22-06, 01:31 AM
They should be giving me their medals as well for the renown they've pinched off me. Any of those fluffy booted fly boys come looking for beers and kudos and they'll find out what the inside of a UBoat's WC smells like after a long patrol!:rotfl:

_Seth_
11-22-06, 03:35 PM
They should be giving me their medals as well for the renown they've pinched off me. Any of those fluffy booted fly boys come looking for beers and kudos and they'll find out what the inside of a UBoat's WC smells like after a long patrol!:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Just wait until they meet Bernard... :rotfl::rotfl:

Tachyon
11-22-06, 06:16 PM
You're lucky Bernard isn't a luftwaffe pilot, he might mistake your sub for an aircraft carrier :huh:

_Seth_
11-22-06, 06:45 PM
You're lucky Bernard isn't a luftwaffe pilot, he might mistake your sub for an aircraft carrier :huh:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Al Lowe
11-23-06, 09:38 AM
So far, I HATE the Luftwaffe. I was lining up for a perfect shot on a large tanker in the Med, when this stuka came out of no where, and bombed and sank the ship I was getting ready to sink! Wish I could have surfaced fast enough to have shot the SOB down!