PDA

View Full Version : Interview with PT Boats Knights of the Sea

Dagger U-539
11-13-06, 06:56 PM
Yuri Losifov was kind enough to answer some questions for the Combatace folks,interesting answers.
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?act=ST&f=62&t=13627&st=0#entry58912

Sonarman
11-13-06, 08:58 PM
Oh dear there seems to be quite a bit of backtracking since the last interview...

"I want to mention that one shouldn't be prepared for the SIM release
but for the GAME with sim elements release."

I read something about this on the Russian forum a while back and hoped it was not true apparently the game was going to be a pure sim but their Western publisher told Akella basically that sims were a dead genre and too complex for us!

"Yuri- It won?t be hard for us to move the action of the game to the
Pacific and Atlantic Theatre in probable addons."

Strange that there "wonderful" Western Publisher didn't think the Pacific & Atlantic would be more worthy of inclusion in the game than the Baltic and Black Sea?

Yuri- As far as RTS is concerned a player will be able to manipulate any
accessible sea unit while in the Sim regime one can control only
motorboats (1st person view) and ships (3rd person view).

The game concept sounds very similar to Enigma Rising Tide, but with control over multiple ships.

Time will tell, I'm still looking forward to it though. I hope Akella can pull it off and hopefully move on from their countless pirate sims and into the heat of battle in WWII.

Detritus
11-13-06, 10:26 PM
I'm not actually surprised, though definitely disappointed. Some news tidbits and the movies made it pretty clear this is not a sim but shooter-on-sea. RTS elements? Meh, couldn't care less. Don't know how much the publisher actually has been calling the shots here but neither way they're bloody idiots. Naval theme doesn't attract people that much but if they'd allowed this to be a full blown sim, the sim community at least would've been interested. RTS clickers we don't need. And what's the point of releasing this if it's Baltic and Black Sea only? What about English Channel and North Sea? Pacific? I'll pass this one.

Pants
11-14-06, 05:00 AM
IMHO they should keep the two elements seperate SIM and RTS. Have one or the other.

Sonarman
11-14-06, 05:26 AM
What about English Channel and North Sea?

I believe I read in another interview that North Sea is in, hopefully it's true.
I think that it might be worth purchasing if for no other reason than to encourage Akella to do more with WWII. Hopefully all of the stuff they "may" deliver in addon/patches will also come along in the future.

Detritus
11-14-06, 06:54 AM
Each to his own but I'm not gonna give my money to Akella to 'encourage' them or so that they 'may' add stuff to patches. Consumer is king and this consumer isn't looking for this kind of product= no money. Hopefully I'm dead wrong for dissing the game, but it doesn't look like it right now.

Dagger U-539
11-15-06, 08:26 PM
Yuri has told me that they are thinking about add-ons in different patches.