PDA

View Full Version : how do you tell version? why do the torps miss when using the automatic?

USS Sea Tiger
11-09-06, 09:44 PM
Hi all

I just installed the game, no mods at all,
the "read me" file says version 1.0,, but I can find nothing in the game itself saying version. Is there something I am missing??
If I install 1.4B will I first need 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 for this or are they included in 1.4B

is 1.4 b worth the install??

Torp firing question,, If I have it on automatic, and lock on to the shot,, the torps ALWAYS go astern of the target. I have to always manually aim ahead depending on vsl speed. ,, or am I just doing something wrong?? No I do not open the outer doors first,, (just read that, how do I do that?)

thanks again

Mike D

The Noob
11-09-06, 10:03 PM
1.4b is NEEDED for Mods (Without mods this game sucks) and STRONGLY reccomended because of all the bugfixes.

Just download the one 1.4b patch and it's done. No need for all the previews ones.

You need to open outer doors first if you wanna hit something. To do this, select the tube you wanna fire and press Q. Wait a few secs till the tube is open, then fire the torpedo. Should hit on automatic.

mookiemookie
11-09-06, 11:01 PM
Yes, 1.4b is strongly recommended. Plenty of bugfixes, plus it's a requirement for most every supermod (which ups the fun potential of the game immeasurably!) out there.

And the torpedo question. Yes, you NEED to open the tubes for your torpedo solution to be correct. It takes a good 4 or 5 seconds for that door to open and your torpedo to fire, and by that time, your aim has been all screwed up, since it assumes an open tube. Press the "Q" button to open the selected torpedo tube.

Just think of it as you yelling at your weapons officer to "Flood tube 1 through 4!" (or whatever tube you're shooting from ;) ) Great sound, great feeling, and even greater feeling when you hit a nice juicy cargo ship!

Deep-Six
11-10-06, 12:38 AM
Amen:yep:

Respenus
11-10-06, 08:16 AM
"Q" you say. Well a Kaleun learns something new everyday! :yep:

USS Sea Tiger
11-11-06, 01:26 AM
:D :D :D :D

WOW,, Hits are up from 80 percent to nearly 100 percent!!!
I usually shoot at 400 to 500 and this "q" trick helped immeasurably for one shot, one kill

will add the 1.4b tomorrow,, can't wait to try again!!!

Thank you all

Good hunting!!

U-94

Jimbuna
11-11-06, 01:22 PM
Just one last thing...when your installing 1.4b ypu will see it written as 1.3...just ignore that cos it's anerror we are all aware of :up:

peterloo
11-12-06, 06:45 AM
Also, you have to check whether you are using US / EMEA, DVD/download version before you download the patch, since using a wrong ver of patch may screw up your game

Futhermore, you have to return your U-boat to base before installing any mod / patch [I mean, in career mode] so that the game would not be messed up when you attempt to load the save

ver 1.4b is necessary for many mods, so get one handy and you will benefit a lot

For your another question:

When hitting stationary / slow ships (<6 kts) in close range (<1500m), the toepedo will still hit the target. But it may hit at a undesired point.

If you want to aim at the fuel/ammo bunker to achieve a "one shoot, one kill" or you need to fight against a fast moving (>10kts) warship [I love sinking destroyers because they can be wiped out with 1 torp. easily with a relatively high renown], you need to open the tube first. From my experience, opening the tube can increase the opportunity of hitting the target from about 50% to about 85%