PDA

View Full Version : Ploting question in GW

ruskoz
11-04-06, 11:58 PM
I have SH patched up and im running GW mod. Im trying to learn how to plot while moving as per Wazoo"s section 2 manual. Im lost on how to draw the range line or is it bearing to target from north? Im trying to using the ruler tool and the compass that are default GW but they dont do it or is it me?

please help :)

P_Funk
11-05-06, 12:32 AM
The old Wazoo tip of using the stadimeter is not as reliable. I use the Watch Officer's nearest contact function. When you click it immediately go to the nav map and mark your u-boats position with an x. What you do next is convert the bearing of the target (as given to you by the WO) into bearing due north by adding your course to the bearing of the target (subtract 360 if it is more than 360). Take that bearing and use the ruler with the compass option and click on your boat's marked position and line up the ruler's line with the bearing due north. Then you move it along this bearing for the range that the WO gave you. That is your first observation mark. All are done the same.

kylania
11-05-06, 12:33 AM
You mean you don't get the little compass overlay around the ruler point? Simply click the ? icon at the end of the map tools toolbar to turn on "enhanced plotting tools" and that overlay will appear for you. Each tool gets something extra like that.

ruskoz
11-05-06, 01:53 AM
You mean you don't get the little compass overlay around the ruler point? Simply click the ? icon at the end of the map tools toolbar to turn on "enhanced plotting tools" and that overlay will appear for you. Each tool gets something extra like that.

Ahh...okay Im a dumb a$$ :D

Thanks kylania

kylania
11-05-06, 04:28 AM
You're not a dumbass at all. That feature was actually originally modded by a player than added by the Devs as part of the 1.3 or 1.4 official patch, so it's not something you'll find in official documentation anywhere. :)

P_Funk
11-05-06, 07:03 AM

Ahh...okay Im a dumb a$$ :D

Thanks kylania
I SOO missed your question.:damn::rotfl:

But good to see someone else payed attention.:up: