PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone see well underwater?

NipplesTheCat
11-02-06, 09:07 PM
After installing the GW mod, when I use external view I can hardly see at all underwater to the point whre it is difficult to find my own sub. Also the orange markere that used to be on the surface of the water indicationg where my submerged sub was, is gone. Are these things the result of the mod or do I have a problem?

AVGWarhawk
11-02-06, 09:19 PM
GW mod removes the orange circle and darkens the water.:yep: Learn to live without the orange circle. You'll feel better in the morning.

NipplesTheCat
11-02-06, 09:32 PM
I can dig it. Is there any way to make the water a little more clear?

stabiz
11-02-06, 09:33 PM
Hey nipples, you can change water transparancy with SH3 Commander. Set the value to 18, and you have stock water clearity.

The yellow marker can also be put back if you want it, but I dont remember how. Someone will come rushing to your aid very soon, I predict. :D

NipplesTheCat
11-02-06, 09:41 PM
Thanks Stabiz. I thought I had read something about that earlier. By the way I enjoyr your videos on youtube. In fact I think im going to watch another while I float down the kiel canal. Keep up the good work.

kylania
11-02-06, 10:02 PM
SH3 Commander can also increase your Time Compression Near Land, so that you can fly through the Kiel Canal at 64x instead of 2x! :)

If you want to reenable your orange circle, simply download this file (http://www.kylania.com/sh3/UMark.tga) and put it in your data\misc folder.

NipplesTheCat
11-02-06, 10:16 PM
Thanks. Is there something im supposed to install before commander or do I just install when im in port?

kylania
11-02-06, 10:48 PM
It's a seperate program you'll use as a sort of launcher for SH3. You can customize your settings before each patrol. It installs as a seperate program, not a mod or anything.

Hylander_1314
11-02-06, 11:21 PM
I can only see well under water when I use a scuba mask.

NipplesTheCat
11-02-06, 11:52 PM
:up:Smart arse

Albrecht Von Hesse
11-03-06, 01:35 AM
SH3 Commander can also increase your Time Compression Near Land, so that you can fly through the Kiel Canal at 64x instead of 2x! :)

If you want to reenable your orange circle, simply download this file (http://www.kylania.com/sh3/UMark.tga) and put it in your data\misc folder.

You don't need SH3 Commander if all you want to do is change your time compression.

Go to, and open, main.cfg. You'll find it in: "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\main.cfg" (or thereabouts, depending on your individual pc setup)

Look for this:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=4
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1