PDA

View Full Version : Misc Newbie Qns

Kiwi Commandant
10-30-06, 03:53 AM
1. I am playing Career and trying to do it on 100% realism (starting third patrol next). The Free Camera is grayed out and will not work. Any ideas why? [Sorry - have now found the answer - it's one of the Difficulty settings].
2. When I got back from my second patrol it appears that I had enough Reknown to get a better sub. How do I go about 'buying' the sub - or does it not work that way?

Appreciate any help - thanks.

Kaleun_Saxi
10-30-06, 04:02 AM
1. When you set the realism to 100%, you can't use the free camera. You can't have more visibility than you really had with the UZO/periscope. With the free camera you can search longer distances for enemy ships etc. Of course, with full realism, this can't be possible.
2. When did you start? In 1939? Than you should buy a VIIb sub when you click on submarine in the office, than you can list the available subs (should list IIb, IId, VIIb). The price for a VIIb is 2500 points renown. If you have that much (your account balance is top left), you can double click on VIIb, get the alert "are you sure?" and when you click yes, you've bought the new sub.
Remember to enlarge the crew for that bigger sub!!!

Kiwi Commandant
10-30-06, 04:05 AM
Thanks KS.

d@rk51d3
10-30-06, 04:07 AM
1. Because a floating camera isn't quite what you'd call realistic.

2. To purchase a new sub, or uprgrades just double click the item you want. Not everythig will be available at all ports though.

*edit*

Sorry, looks like Kaleun Saxi beat me to it.

Have fun Kiwi Commandant, and good hunting.:up: