PDA

View Full Version : New engine for SH4

tonibamestre
10-26-06, 03:12 PM
Hello again guys,
For what Ive read,a complete different motor has been designed for SH4,not the SH3 one.
Probably this has been done in order to be able to add future expansions actuating with the original game.
So,help me please giving some new ideas to the dev.team so they can improve even more this upcoming sim.

Some interesting expansions would be,
- implementation of 2 or 3 japanese different sub classes.
-adition of a fully controllable Carrier Command,USN CVs,IJN CVs.
-Battleship Command expansion,both sides
-New Destroyer Command,both sides
-Adition of both sides Allied Navies.

Give me your opinion about,;)

AVGWarhawk
10-26-06, 03:20 PM
Where did you read this? I heard basic same motor with some tweeks.:hmm:

TDK1044
10-26-06, 03:48 PM
THe lead Game Designer is on record in his interviews saying that the SH3 engine is being used with some tweaks and changes. In addition to that, he said there are some graphical enhancements and some 'under the hood' tweaks for faster load times.

TDK1044
10-26-06, 03:51 PM

Did you read the interview that Dan gave to Neal Stevens?

AVGWarhawk
10-26-06, 03:56 PM
THe lead Game Designer is on record in his interviews saying that the SH3 engine is being used with some tweaks and changes. In addition to that, he said there are some graphical enhancements and some 'under the hood' tweaks for faster load times.

Thats what I heard TDK1044. SH3 is a great proven engine. I few refinements and off we go!:rock:

mookiemookie
10-27-06, 10:08 AM
Hello again guys,
For what Ive read,a complete different motor has been designed for SH4,not the SH3 one.
Probably this has been done in order to be able to add future expansions actuating with the original game.
So,help me please giving some new ideas to the dev.team so they can improve even more this upcoming sim.

I'd be fully against all of those suggestions aside from the ability to control a Japanese sub. A submarine simulation should be a submarine simulation. I don't want a game that attempts to do too much half-a$$edly when I can have a game that does one thing and does it well.

Rydox
11-02-06, 10:18 AM
The SH3 engine was good except for the low resolution. That is something they must address.
I have a wide screen LCD monitor that runs at 1440 by 900 only. SH3 looks stretched on my screen and doesnt look right.
All games worth their salt now support resolutions for widescreens.

AVGWarhawk
11-02-06, 12:05 PM
The SH3 engine was good except for the low resolution. That is something they must address.
I have a wide screen LCD monitor that runs at 1440 by 900 only. SH3 looks stretched on my screen and doesnt look right.
All games worth their salt now support resolutions for widescreens.

I agree. Different resolutions should be offered as an option within the game.

Tontoman
11-13-06, 05:06 PM
Yep, just got a 22'' wide myself. Doesn't have to be super high res as long as it's in 16:10 (or 16:9) format. So 1280x800 would be fine as that's 16:10 and then the monitor expandes it to fill the screen. Still looks good, I use 1280x800 as my vid can't do 1680x1050 (monitors native) with good frame rates.

T.