SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
|04-06-2006, 07:32 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2005
- lock the development team for a month and make them play silent service for the ZX spectrum every day
- realistic traffic patterns and convoys (small merchant convoys with few escorts) for random encounters. Convoys follow routes based on historical traffic patterns for each geographical region. (Cities, naval bases)
- large, heavily escorted convoys mostly reported on the radio. These would follow known long routes to and from Japan or major bases. Wolfpacks on these cases.
- realistic damage model and damage control crew
- Role of the player is of the submarine captain. Don't need to impersonate the other crew members (or actually see them inside the sub)
- Sub simulation is IMO more about strategy than action, so Seeing the a highly detailed interior of the sub is more for the action fan
- Realistic graphics outside the sub is essential. (Fog)
- Save game MUST work
- Enemy AI (That takes geography into account. Don't want the targets to just beach (at least in daylight). It would be too easy.
- Ability to play both US and Japanese. US subs sink patrol and sink ships. Jap subs do specific missions (spy, transport, scout, etc). The way it happened in history.
- Accurate depths
- More accurate modelling of port activity. It shouldn't be easy to sneak into Truk lagoon for example (There were specific channels and they were all guarded by escorts)
- Historic events (being in the wrong place at the wrong time ) with radio messages to go with that (the game can teach some history, and kind of makes you feel there)
- Make the missions and campaings the more random possible. Scenarios tend to be boring.