SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-08-06, 07:38 AM   #1
FLB sale U-999
Engineer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default 6 Dials- Simfeeling Mod!

Hi all!

This is my 6 Dials- Simfeeling Mod.

With this Modification u will get a new gameplayfeeling for this great sim!

!This Mod is only for those, who are using the TransparenteConsole Mod + Slideoutconsole, or for those who would like to use it!

This mod is NOT compatible with the 4 Dials Slideoutmod! U can only use the Slideoutsection from this Mod if u want to!

With this mod u will have a new textfield with a other Font, enlarged Messagefield and the ability to scroll the complete Messagefield very easy with a Drag&Drop function.

This modification was a very hard part of work, with editing, making new Textures and trying, trying and trying to get all to work how i wanted to have. On this is the Reason why u MUST go this Readme step by step, to get all right and correct to work!
U must insert/add every single Number, Letter and all Symbols correctly, like described down, or it could be that something will not work properly or u causes crashes or something like that.

So, please read this Readme very carefully and go this Installation step by step to get this Mod to work properly.

I cannot give u a finsihed Menu_1024.768.nin or dials.cfg, because there are so many Mods out there, which are affecting those Files and have different changes there.
Especially those ID Numbers and those IXXX numbers are individually different by everyone`s Files. So u will have to add/insert them by yourself.

But it`s not so dramatic, u just go point after point and on that way it will be easy to install this mod on your Game!

It`s necessary to set those XXX Numbers manually, i know it is a lot of work to retype 60 Blocks or more.....but u all know: It`s a long way to......

First i wann thank some People!

Thank`s goes to:

-S-XPress from German Ubisoft forum, which gave me the tipp to look at

Ex_Rasinban`s Big Slideout Compass!

-Ex_Rasinban for his great Compass, where i learned a lot of the needfull adds and

edits in the dials.cfg and the menu_1024_768.ini Files!

-FLB Chebawookee for the awesome, new Compass texture, which was a very hard and nice work!

-Oak_Groove for his fantastic Textures from Bordinstrumente 1.0 Mod!

-Frontflottille for their Slideoutconsole which i use a very long time.

-tienman74 for his new Compasspointer, which i overworked just a little bit and put it into this Mod.

Sry, if i forgot somebody

Second i wann excuse my none perfect english! I hope u can understand all written things in this Readme. Sorry!

Short Story:

So, one thing i really missed a long time in this great Sim, was the ability to have precise and large Dials for the Main steering of the U-Boat. That Main steering is the most important thing in a Simulation, what Genre ever, which were really to small, to inaccurate, to uncomfortable and really to Arcadelooking.

For that Reason i maked (after a lot of trying, editing and testing) complete ,,new" Maindials, which are large and will give a feeling that u are really playing a simulation. Now u can work with the Maindials precise, accurate and more comfortable!

The Original Console (those 6 Dials at the right Bottom) will be deactivated by this Mod, because they are replaced by this ,,new" ones. The togglefunction stays the same, the text also just the positions and some smaller things are changed....

You will also have a new Scrollfield for the Messages, which is Drag&Drop. Also a new font used for the Text Messages in the Textfield and an enlarged one, which goes completely to the right Screen to have longer Texts visible there. Because now there is enough Space at the right bottom, so an enlarged Textfield to use that ,,new" free Space there....

Ok, i think u should give this mod a chance and just try it onces, then u will know what i mean with all that!

Ok, here the new Dials.....

You switche/toggle the dials like before with the black Button....this here is the new 260 Meter Depthdial....

The Speedtelegraph....

When u toggle them, then there will be the Knotsdial, for more precise Speedinput....

The Compass, which was built by FLB Cheba, with the new Pointer of tienman74....
Now should be precise Coursesetting no game of luck anymore....

And those who wants much more precise Coursesettings, those can do this now with the new Rudder! I placed behind those TGA a second Compass, which u can see now through a small window in the Rudder. there u will be able to see which course u are running or going to run, when working with the Rudder. Because in original game, i was never able to see which course i am now running when i set Rudder to 20 degrees Bkb or Stb....so for what do i have a rudder? Now u can work properly with the rudder!

How i said, now u have a new Console because the old one is deactivated....

This new console will slide out if u move to the Bottom with ur Mouse which i marked red.....

The Textfieldsize should be enough large now. Now u can scroll the complete Textfield with the Drag&Drop prinzip. U just Move somewhere on the Textfield and press left Button, hold em, and Move up or Down. so u scroll it very easy and don`t have anymore to do this on those small, ugly Sliders which are really too small and nasty to scroll with em.......the new Font gives al little bit more Flair into the whole thing, i think.....

Download here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/12803946/...EN_DE.zip.html

Please read the Readme carefully!

I wish u a lot of fun with this Mod! Maybe someone likes it....

P.s.: The Manual Torpedo Mod (Peri&UZO&Attackmap) will be released this Week, if everything goes good. Have to wdjust some Graphics....

Best wishes
FLB Sale U-999
www.Flottenbasis.de
Old 02-08-06, 08:33 AM   #2
FLB sale U-999
Engineer

Hi!

Thank`s for so compliments....

It was the hard work worth!

@ Cdre Gibs

I am not sure what u mean with an english version?

I have no english dials! I have used those from Oakgroove`s Bordinstrumente mod.

If u mean the German Texts and so on....that is just on Screenshots German.

It doesn`t matter if u use the German or English gameplay.
U will have ur own Texts, u have set in the SHIII options.....

The text/messages Field is english in your Version! And it will be English.

Because there are no Textfroms changed, only the Positions and so on.

Don`t care about the German Screenshots. U will have english Texts there standing like before. that was not touched!

Read the Readme, and u will see that there is no MUST HAVE GERMAN Version or whatever....

@ ALL

I used just my German Screenshots, because i play with german texts. but this Mod is for all players, no matter if German, English, French, Spanish or whatever!

Sorry if it is iritating u that there is German staying.....

Here what i mean. i have setted to English Language in the options....

Hope u meaned that with English Version!?

Greetings Sale
Old 02-08-06, 08:43 AM   #3
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

I like it! Good work! It makes the screen much less cluttered.

One question: would it be possible for you to make a version that uses the compass from the Bordinstrumente mod, as I see you've done with the other dials?

EDIT: second question: I see the slideout icons for the different stations (e.g, periscope, comamnd room, etc.) are transparent when viewing them on the navigation map, the conning tower, etc. Is there a way to keep this from happening?
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 10:06 AM   #4
jimmie
Lieutenant

I've been waiting for this! This will be a very big addition to the game; it will make the game really new! I'm however, yet waiting for TDC panels as well. Since I am not yet using any of transpearent console etc, when everything's done, I download everything at once and make a custome JSGME ready package for myself...

Ja, editing menu_1024_768.ini is a pain in the a**. Will someone write a small program which makes editing menu_1024_768.ini like file easier...? like listing "section" entries and allows you to edit/insert new section text while keeping multiple entries (different editing) with comment (for which mod and so forth), a somewhat generic config file parser...

Thank you very much for your hard work
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 12:11 PM   #5
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43

Thankyou
Old 02-08-06, 12:33 PM   #6
The Avon Lady
Über Mom

Downloads: 5

This is very nice work!

Suggestion:

I like the game's 3 dial display because I can quickly view/change all three very fast. This mod only allows 1 dial to be viewed at a time.

Is there a way to have the best of both, i.e., display a small 3-dial console, click a button on it and the large dials are displayed instead, click another button to restore the 3-dial console?

"Victory will come to us from the wombs of our women."
- Houari Boumedienne, President of Algeria, Speech before the UN, 1974
The Avon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 01:31 PM   #7
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Avon Lady
This is very nice work!

Suggestion:

I like the game's 3 dial display because I can quickly view/change all three very fast. This mod only allows 1 dial to be viewed at a time.

Is there a way to have the best of both, i.e., display a small 3-dial console, click a button on it and the large dials are displayed instead, click another button to restore the 3-dial console?
Avon
Sounds like a great idea-I'd definately appreciate this if at all possible.
Another question: I'm using the 400m depth guage as I'm sure a lot of people are-can this be modded as an option?

FLB
Regardless this is great work and is much appreciated-Thank You for all the effort.
Old 02-08-06, 06:10 PM   #8
Jochem
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 245

All is workin perfectly , well done FLb, you're really strong !

I'm really really impatient to enjoy your new peri mod with the F6 functions combined with. Do U know where U plan to release it plz ?

Jochem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 07:07 PM   #9
Fangschuss
Sparky

Downloads: 81

At first Sale you are an genius

the absolute hammer

Can´t wait to see the "Manual Torpedo" thing

I installed your great mod today, but i have some problems to get it

ok here is a pic about my problem *a picture says more than thousand words

i checked the read_me and my entrys thousand times but i can´t find the error :hmm:

Thanks for reply

Keep up the great work
Old 02-08-06, 07:07 PM   #10
kapitanfred
Planesman

Downloads: 28

This is excellent

Just to slightly going off the topic, I noticed on the Hydrophone picture, the text says: "17:20 SO: Range to target is 1650!

How can I get the SO to say that? I have not ever seen that before?
kapitanfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 07:11 PM   #11
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28

Wow JUST 20 steps for installation!!! what is the uninstall like?

Looks good...Is there a light version? maybe keeps all the bottom stuff but adds just the 6 enlarged dials to the right?
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 07:27 PM   #12
zoso791
Mate

Downloads: 2

I have a problem. After installing the beautiful guages I started and I got this message:

Menu ID not found: 0x3f030001!
Menu ID not found: 0x3f030002!
Menu ID not found: 0x3f030003
Menu ID not found: 0x3f030004
Menu ID not found: 0x3f030005
Menu ID not found: 0x3f030006
Menu ID not found: 0x3f040002
Menu ID not found: 0x3f040003
Menu ID not found: 0x3f040004
Menu ID not found: 0x3f040005
Menu ID not found: 0x3f038001
Menu ID not found: 0x3f038002
Menu ID not found: 0x3f038003
Menu ID not found: 0x3f038004
Menu ID not found: 0x3f038005

What do I do to fix this and have what I did still on the file, or do I just have to run without the installed patch thing?

Jan
zoso791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 09:20 PM   #13
jimmie
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangschuss
At first Sale you are an genius

i checked the read_me and my entrys thousand times but i can´t find the error :hmm:

Thanks for reply

Keep up the great work
Replace [G3F I34] with:

[G3F I34]
Name=Group feedback; FLB Sale`s 6 Anzeigen
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F010000
ParentID=0x3F000000
;Pos=290,131,330,130
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
VertSlide=-141

You're actually missing the last entry (parameters of "Pos" entry is also different from the original but it doesn't matter since it is commented out).
Old 02-08-06, 09:24 PM   #14
jimmie
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso791
I have a problem. After installing the beautiful guages I started and I got this message:

What do I do to fix this and have what I did still on the file, or do I just have to run without the installed patch thing?

Jan
Most likely you gonna have to triple check your 1024 ini file.
Old 02-09-06, 02:05 AM   #15
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

Awesome mod!

Is there any way to make the background for the station buttons on the left and the officer commands darker again?... since you have to use the transparency mod.
If I dont use it there is a dark bar right where the top of the old interface should have been.
Its just that the fully tranparent buttons look really shoddy against light backrounds like the nav-map.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote