SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-13, 12:12 PM   #841
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I meant that if you have improved EUF general settings, we could base the new gun settings on your version of UpgradePacks.upc, rather than on the one from EUF
I just removed many excess things (in my point of view).. like camos etc..

Quote:
It should work like this:
I see

I'll report soon.. after tests..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 02:37 PM   #842
Choum
Sparky

Downloads: 343
Uploads: 3

Quote:
quick update of the patch to v 0.2:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6tpc3e3gkbx9txj

What is new:
  • corrected the rate of fire of the British 5.25" (13.4 cm) Mark I (twin turret) gun from 40 to 7 rpm per muzzle; gun used on King George V class battleships and Dido class light cruisers.

Previous version:

v 0.1:
  • fixed a wrong setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the US 5" (12.7 cm) Mk. 12 gun (single mount Mk. 30), used on Fletcher class destroyers;
  • fixed a wrong setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the US 5" (12.7 cm) Mk. 12 gun (twin mount Mk. 28), used on North Carolina class battleships;
  • fixed a wrong setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the US 5" (12.7 cm) Mk. 12 gun (twin mount Mk. 22), used on Somers class destroyers;
  • fixed a wrong setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the Italian 152 mm (6") Model 1926/1929 gun (twin turret), used on Giussano (Bartolomeo Colleoni) and Montecuccoli classes light cruisers;
  • fixed a wrong setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the British 5.25" (13.4 cm) Mk. I gun (twin mount), used on King George V class battleships (including Duke of York), and Dido class light cruisers;
  • fixed a missing setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the British 6" (15.2 cm) BL Mk. XXII gun (twin mount), used on Nelson class battleships.
v 0:
  • added 3 new shell definitions for 11" AP, HE and AA ammunition, with intermediate damage, damage radius, and armour piercing settings between 8" and 14" shells of the same type;
  • fixed a wrong ammunition setting that prevented from firing the German 28 cm (11") SK C/34 gun (three-gun turret), used on Scharnhorst and Deutschland classes pocket battleships; the gun is now firing the newly introduced 11" AP and HE shells;
  • 14" AP and HE shells replaced with more correct 11" ammunition of the same type for the German 28 cm (11") SK L/40 gun (double-gun turret), used on Deutschland class battleships;
  • fixed a missing setting that prevented muzzle flash effects for the German 10.5 cm (4.1") SK C/33 gun (twin mount), used on Bismark class battleships, Scharnhost and Deutschland classes pocket battleships, and Admiral Hipper class heavy cruisers.

This mod can be enable after IRAI (file overwrite) ?
Choum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 05:23 PM   #843
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choum View Post
Sure, you can enable gap - armaments & equipments patch v 0.2 after IRAI BUT you will cancel out some of the fixes/corrections.

I installed gap - armaments & equipments patch v 0.2 BEFORE IRAI because the IRAI file dates are newer.

Generally, for all mods, I install from oldest to newest especially with overwrites.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 07:33 PM   #844
Bathrone
Ensign

Downloads: 82

Hi volodya61

What happens if I use say "FX Update torpedoes - MagDet range 3m (modified for torpedoes failure patches)" if I dont enable the torpedo faillure patches in TDWs generic patcher?
Bathrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 07:54 PM   #845
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathrone View Post
Hi volodya61

What happens if I use say "FX Update torpedoes - MagDet range 3m (modified for torpedoes failure patches)" if I dont enable the torpedo faillure patches in TDWs generic patcher?
Your torpedo malfunctions won't work correctly
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 06:20 AM   #846
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Sure, you can enable gap - armaments & equipments patch v 0.2 after IRAI BUT you will cancel out some of the fixes/corrections.

I installed gap - armaments & equipments patch v 0.2 BEFORE IRAI because the IRAI file dates are newer.

Generally, for all mods, I install from oldest to newest especially with overwrites.
The changes of this mod are based over IRAI's version of guns_radars_01.sim.

As far as I can see, every time TDW releases an update of his mods file their file dates are also updated, no matter if their settings have changed or not. Looking at the release notes of the latest IRAI version, I can exclude that they affect the aforementioned sim file. In other words, overwriting it with this mod is safe
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 12:48 PM   #847
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Gabriele, I need your help.. I tired a little, we can't check all what we want in a custom missions.. so I need a couple of weather fixes for DynEnv for the Trevally's test campaign.. I need wind speed near the Kiel 5-6 m/s and 9-10 m/s.. always.. month - March..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 05-27-13, 12:55 PM   #848
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Gabriele, I need your help.. I tired a little, we can't check all what we want in a custom missions.. so I need a couple of weather fixes for DynEnv for the Trevally's test campaign.. I need wind speed near the Kiel 5-6 m/s and 9-10 m/s.. always.. month - March..
I will see what can be done, but I can't promise anything... this SH5 weather engine is maddening me
Old 05-27-13, 01:04 PM   #849
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I will see what can be done, but I can't promise anything... this SH5 weather engine is maddening me
I thought that's possible to set strict/rigid limits

Old 05-27-13, 01:44 PM   #850
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I thought that's possible to set strict/rigid limits
I will send you a DynEnv patch in a few
Old 05-27-13, 04:42 PM   #851
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I will send you a DynEnv patch in a few
Here it is. Sorry for the delay

http://www.mediafire.com/?wz1titjvuse8cj4

This is also a good occasion for testing once and for all wether wind speed settings are applied as expected or not
Old 05-27-13, 05:02 PM   #852
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Here it is. Sorry for the delay
Thank you
No need sorry

Quote:
This is also a good occasion for testing once and for all wether wind speed settings are applied as expected or not
OK, we will see.. soon

Old 05-27-13, 06:59 PM   #853
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
OK, we will see.. soon
Unfortunately, it's not working.. at least in this case.. I think, too close to the ports (there is not only Kiel)..
I'm afraid we should ask Trevally to move mission area further to the open sea.. perhaps to the Baltic Operations area (old), near the Scaggerak-Kattegat .. I've often saw the wind speed 10-15 there.. maybe it will work in that area

Trevally, could you help us.. again?

Old 05-27-13, 08:20 PM   #854
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 2

I'd like to submit what could be a bug, when the Admiral Graf Spee's main guns fire, it appears to only fire two round and not three.

I hope this thread is still dealing with these kinds of gun specs.
V13dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 03:36 AM   #855
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by V13dweller View Post
I'd like to submit what could be a bug, when the Admiral Graf Spee's main guns fire, it appears to only fire two round and not three.
This is happening because the gun got only 2 muzzle entries set in guns_radars_01.sim. Fixing it is a no-brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V13dweller View Post
I hope this thread is still dealing with these kinds of gun specs.
yes, it is indeed, even though lately we have focused on U-boat armaments and other stuff unrelated with this mod. If you send me a reminder of all the gun bugs that you know of which are still waiting for a fix, I will post an update of the 'Armaments & equipments patch' fixing them