SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-29-11, 06:17 AM   #1
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0
Default Warm clothes for the watch crew?

Hi,

Could someone please direct me to a mod that adds warm clothes to the watch crew in regular, non-storm conditions?

It's odd to see them wearing shirts, or casual attire in the freezing Atlantic winter, when they should wear every little extra to protect them from the subzero temperatures. To my knowledge, no regular mod or supermod has ever modded winter clothes in the game.

The issue was thoroughly approached in this old thread, with the same lack of solutions:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...hlight=clothes

Thanks in advance,

dcb
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 03:02 PM   #2
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

All changes to crewmembers' clothes (except for hats) must be two dimensional - i.e. modificiations of the TGA files. Trying to edit the obj files for the torsos results in CTD's or distorted models. There are a few mods where the TGA's for the stock coveralls are changed to imitate sweaters & similar clothes - I can try to dig them up.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 03:26 PM   #3
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
All changes to crewmembers' clothes (except for hats) must be two dimensional - i.e. modificiations of the TGA files. Trying to edit the obj files for the torsos results in CTD's or distorted models. There are a few mods where the TGA's for the stock coveralls are changed to imitate sweaters & similar clothes - I can try to dig them up.
IABL, thank you for your answer. I tried to dig them up myself, but came empty-handed, so I would be most grateful if you could find something suitable. I've opened the Body01.dat file responsible for the regular (non-storm) clothes, but don't know how to change the meshes so to get them wearing at least the oilskins used under storm conditions (in Body2.dat).

So any help would be welcome.

Regards,

dcb
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote