SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-11, 03:25 PM   #46
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0

If you got yourself patched to U-boat missions you could make playable Fuso, Yamato, etc. For Japanese/German side. No I have not been running this with other mods. But if I do get the crash problem fixed I can probably try it with TMO. Because that works with alot of surface ships mods. If you want a more realistic version of USS Nevada or Tennessee you could ask the creator of fall of the rising sun he has some great models for them, even a South Dakota class. And the first version of you're mod worked fine.

Last edited by USS Drum; 11-13-11 at 04:01 PM.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 04:23 PM   #47
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

its a nice medal well done
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 05:02 PM   #48
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

I have made the rebuilds of both the Nevada and Tennessee.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 07:06 PM   #49
wevbarker2011
Mate

Downloads: 9

thanks karle! I'll see if I can integrate them; I smell historical accuracy not a recycling of one ship model for 4 classes... I do remember there was one class with only two props, but the stock version has four 'cos its a recycled new mexico or something. I'll look into that too.

I just got the Mk 37 Director working on Colorado! This is going to be the most powerful radar you ever used folks I'm going to see if I can get a camera inside because the directors were basically rotating houses with fire controll crews/optical rangefinders inside and radar on top - might take some time so I'll release another version with all the ships equipped with accurate Battleship radar equipment soon, maybe tomorrow.

Keep thinking about missions folks! this has hardly started yet
wevbarker2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 08:08 PM   #50
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Didn't you look at my post about getting u-boat missions so you can make playable yamato and fuso?
Old 11-14-11, 04:31 AM   #51
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by wevbarker2011 View Post
thanks karle! I'll see if I can integrate them; I smell historical accuracy not a recycling of one ship model for 4 classes... I do remember there was one class with only two props, but the stock version has four 'cos its a recycled new mexico or something. I'll look into that too.

I just got the Mk 37 Director working on Colorado! This is going to be the most powerful radar you ever used folks I'm going to see if I can get a camera inside because the directors were basically rotating houses with fire controll crews/optical rangefinders inside and radar on top - might take some time so I'll release another version with all the ships equipped with accurate Battleship radar equipment soon, maybe tomorrow.

Keep thinking about missions folks! this has hardly started yet
I am still doing some last minute improvements on the 3D models. The Tennessee, California and West Virginia were all built up to the same silhuett, and I have as such used the same 3D model. The ship you were thinking of is the Nevada class. The two of them had only two screws.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 03:11 PM   #52
yamatowar
Mate

Location: Lampa,Santiago,Chile,South America, Earth, Solar System, Sagittarius Arm, Milky way
Downloads: 217

any news wevbarker2011?

im excited
yamatowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 03:13 PM   #53
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

ok then i will respect that you not respond me in private....maybe i talk too much:/ anyway have you thinking about the ships i told you ? and if you can to make a heavy cruiser for german side that could be nice....
Old 11-14-11, 04:33 PM   #54
yamatowar
Mate

Location: Lampa,Santiago,Chile,South America, Earth, Solar System, Sagittarius Arm, Milky way

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthos View Post
ok then i will respect that you not respond me in private....maybe i talk too much:/ anyway have you thinking about the ships i told you ? and if you can to make a heavy cruiser for german side that could be nice....
but i think he would do a stand alone version for 1.5....not all have 1.5....i have 1.4 only
Old 11-14-11, 07:06 PM   #55
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamatowar View Post
but i think he would do a stand alone version for 1.5....not all have 1.5....i have 1.4 only
Buy 1.5 it's worth it it will keep U.S. sub campaign all it will do is add another button to the menu that says German Campaign. The menu's background video will be the same the intro will be the same as well.
Old 11-14-11, 09:02 PM   #56
yamatowar
Mate

sooo...we still haven't notices of the progress of wevbarker2011

im so excited....
Old 11-15-11, 07:11 AM   #57
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

you just have to wait my friend... he is missing about 3 days...i dont know if really is going to make heavy cruisers playble after all for both sides...
Old 11-16-11, 05:09 PM   #58
wevbarker2011
Mate

V0.6 with working Mk 37 directors/Mk 12 Radar for all US ships. Enjoy!

Here is the Mk 37 Director, the Mk 12 radar antennae is the rectangular apparatus on top:

These were gun directors, the eyes of the fire control system on the battleship. There are hatches for optical equipment on the face of the house, and above are the antennae for Mk 12, 22 and 25 radar.

And The reason I've been so slow it that I'm taking AS biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths at the same time .

If you want to help folks please start thinking up some mission ideas for BB campaign...? I'm going to take a break from BB to look into the U-boats thing and playable Axis ships for a bit . . . do I gather there aren't enough payable Axis ships? everyone seems to be asking for them atm

Thanks for keeping up interest!
Old 11-16-11, 05:27 PM   #59
steve_the_slim
Loader

Downloads: 14

If you are going to start making playable Axis ships, one thing they don't have is a light cruiser, which is kind of a surprise given how well light cruisers seem to work for commerce raiding.
steve_the_slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 05:29 PM   #60
wevbarker2011
Mate

I do find it amazing how I've only ever used SH4 V1.3 and a handful of small single playable-ship mods - maybe its time I downloaded the jap. campaign or TMO...