SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #61
stoianm
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,776
Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11
Default How to configure and install Magnum Opus megamod for SH5 video tutorial

Hi,

I made a new video tutorial:


stoianm How to configure and install Magnum Opus megamod for SH5












See post #1 for details

Last edited by stoianm; 03-24-2011 at 02:36 PM.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #62
stoianm
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,776
Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11
Default Convoy hunt using Real navigation and Realism 100% for SH5 - ships in same ro

Hi,

I just made an new video tutorial


stoianm Convoy hunt using Real navigation and Realism 100% for SH5 - ships in same row

1)How to use attack periscope to find course, AOB, range etc from a convoy with real navigation and realism 100%
2)How to choose the best position before making the final attack on a convoy using Real navigation
3)How to add all the data in the TDC and how and when to fire your torpedoes
4)How to hit ships in the same row of an convoy in the same time


To play in this manner you need to have installed this mods:

1)NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith or Magnum Opus
2)NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Real_Navigation














See post #1 for details
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #63
Jaguar
Officer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Pampas
Posts: 239
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default

Thx Stoi, you should got the tag "Most Helpfull" on your sig .
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #64
Zedi
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,842
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 2
Default

Next level would be to quit using lock on target and pause game
Pls don't take it as criticism rather than an improvement. The most xp and pro guys in SH3 are using this and they don't really believe that is possible in SH5.

Make a 90 attack on a convoy without using any cheat like pause and lock on target and show them that you can be pro in SH5. And no mouse clicks, only voice command nor keyboard shortcuts. Play with your UI hidden.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #65
stoianm
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,776
Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Next level would be to quit using lock on target and pause game
Pls don't take it as criticism rather than an improvement. The most xp and pro guys in SH3 are using this and they don't really believe that is possible in SH5.

Make a 90 attack on a convoy without using any cheat like pause and lock on target and show them that you can be pro in SH5. And no mouse clicks, only voice command nor keyboard shortcuts. Play with your UI hidden.
thanks... i play my game using voice commands but i can not make an movie because i will have troubles if i will use the microfone in the same time... i do not pause my game when i play... i do this only in tutorials because it take my time to explain to people what i do... but you have an good ideea.... i will make an movie without explanation... only using voice commands... and no pauses and things like this... but i do not understand what you mean by not locking the target... if i do not lock the target i can not put data in manual tdc and i can not take range by stady... can you explain me what you mean by this please... and my next tutorial will be how to play like an pro sh5

Last edited by stoianm; 03-25-2011 at 09:39 AM.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #66
Falconeer
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0
Default

Greetings!

Followed your Magnum Opus tutorial last night and everything is working great! I'm looking forward to watching your other tutorials this weekend. Thanks again for your efforts!

John E.
Falconeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #67
stoianm
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,776
Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11
Default How to intercept an convoy received by radio from BDU in SH5

Hi,

i just made a new video tutorial:


stoianm How to intercept an convoy received by radio from BDU in SH5 with Real navigation and Realism 100%

1)How to use an radio mesage from BDU to calculate the convoy position
2)How to choose the best solution to intercept the convoy
3)How to calculate and find the time when you will intercept the convoy and put you in an good attack position


To play in this manner you need to have installed this mods:

1)NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith or Magnum Opus
2)NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Real_Navigation











See post #1 for details
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #68
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf
 
ReallyDedPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The one and only East Coast
Posts: 10,483
Downloads: 891
Uploads: 5


Default

Very nice work my friend
ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #69
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 704
Downloads: 231
Uploads: 0
Default

Great tutorial videos stoianm. REally helpful.

I put a question about manual targeting in the SH5 TDC Tutorial thread but I don't think anyone has seen it. Here it is. Hoping someone can answer my question. I watched your tutorial on manual targeting but I still have trouble with AOB.

I'm used to SH4 which means I am used to the position keeper. Enter Uboat...no position keeper obviously. So what is the correct order of entering data into the TDC? I ask because every time I put my scope down ( to avoid detection) and raise it again to take a new bearing/range measurement, my AOB resets itself.

I've been doing this

1. Get target's speed through visual observations (using the 3min 15sec rule...mark target's position, wait 3 minutes and 15 seconds, mark target's position again, the distance traveled in meters corresponds to speed.)

2. Take bearing/range readings using stadimeter - enter them

3. Enter AOB (measure using navmap protractor tool).

4. Take one last range reading before firing (Note: I usually have to reset the AOB at this point because the last range/bearing reading seems to reset my AOB dial.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is the 3 minute, 15 second rule for taking speed measurements correct? In SH4 it was an even 3 minutes but when using meters as opposed to yards I believe it is 3:15.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #70
stoianm
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,776
Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Great tutorial videos stoianm. REally helpful.

I put a question about manual targeting in the SH5 TDC Tutorial thread but I don't think anyone has seen it. Here it is. Hoping someone can answer my question. I watched your tutorial on manual targeting but I still have trouble with AOB.

I'm used to SH4 which means I am used to the position keeper. Enter Uboat...no position keeper obviously. So what is the correct order of entering data into the TDC? I ask because every time I put my scope down ( to avoid detection) and raise it again to take a new bearing/range measurement, my AOB resets itself.

I've been doing this

1. Get target's speed through visual observations (using the 3min 15sec rule...mark target's position, wait 3 minutes and 15 seconds, mark target's position again, the distance traveled in meters corresponds to speed.)

2. Take bearing/range readings using stadimeter - enter them

3. Enter AOB (measure using navmap protractor tool).

4. Take one last range reading before firing (Note: I usually have to reset the AOB at this point because the last range/bearing reading seems to reset my AOB dial.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is the 3 minute, 15 second rule for taking speed measurements correct? In SH4 it was an even 3 minutes but when using meters as opposed to yards I believe it is 3:15.
No you are not doing nothing wrong... it is like an bug... after you use stadymeter the AOB is reset and is going back at the last locked value... i spoked about that with TDW and he will fix this soon
About the 3.15 methode the Bilge Rat teached me this:

''1) identify target and determine mast height;
2) measure mast height in number of Horizontal Bars on the scope;

you can then measure the range based on a formula, for example with Arclight's MRP, the formula is:

1.5x - MastHeight x 100 / horizontal bars = Range

6x - MastHeight x 400 / horizontal bars = Range

for example, a Liberty Ship has a mast height of 27.1 meters, if the measured height is 4 bars at 6x, the range would be 2,710 meters.

i.e. 27.1 x 400= 10,840 divided by 4= 2,710 meters.''

Honestly i never tryied the 3.15 methode

regards
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #71
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 704
Downloads: 231
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
No you are not doing nothing wrong... it is like an bug... after you use stadymeter the AOB is reset and is going back at the last locked value... i spoked about that with TDW and he will fix this soon
About the 3.15 methode the Bilge Rat teached me this:

''1) identify target and determine mast height;
2) measure mast height in number of Horizontal Bars on the scope;

you can then measure the range based on a formula, for example with Arclight's MRP, the formula is:

1.5x - MastHeight x 100 / horizontal bars = Range

6x - MastHeight x 400 / horizontal bars = Range

for example, a Liberty Ship has a mast height of 27.1 meters, if the measured height is 4 bars at 6x, the range would be 2,710 meters.

i.e. 27.1 x 400= 10,840 divided by 4= 2,710 meters.''

Honestly i never tryied the 3.15 methode

regards
Thanks. I'll try this new range method. As far as the 3 minute, 15 second rule, I've tried it in SH5 and it seems to work. If you can mark a targets position...wait 3min, 15sec...mark target's position again and then measure the distance between the two points. The first two number of the distance between the two points is your speed. For example, if the distance is 3,500 meters then your speed is 3.5knots. If the distance is 10,000 meters then the speed is 10knots.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #72
stoianm
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,776
Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11
Default How to locate the map position reported by BDU in the lat and long in SH5

Hi,

i made another video tutorial:

stoianm How to locate the map position reported by BDU in the lat and long in SH5

1)How to use an radio mesage from BDU (ex: enemy ship reported in yourr area - Long 18.50 W and Lat 52.25 N, cource E-W - search the area) to calculate the ship position and to put on the map
2)How to decide if you must to go to that area trying to intercept the ship or not


To play in this manner you need to have installed this mods:

1)NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith or Magnum Opus
2)NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Real_Navigation





See post #1 for details

Edit: escuse me for the ,,aaa...iii ...aiii ..aaaa'' from the begining of the tutorial''

Last edited by stoianm; 03-26-2011 at 07:23 PM.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #73
stoianm
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,776
Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11
Default How to use RAOFB with Real navigation and Manual TDC in SH5

Hi,

i just made a new video tutorial and a new mod if you want to play like in this tutorial

stoianm How to use RAOFB with Real navigation and Manual TDC in SH5

1)How to use RAOFB to find course, AOB, range etc from a ship or convoy with real navigation and realism 100%
2)How to choose the best position before making the final attack on a ship or convoy using Real navigation
3)How to add all the data in the TDC and how and when to fire your torpedoes
4)How to use AOB slide ruller to find AOB
5)How to use Navigator abilities to calculate the speed of a ship
5)This methode is the most fast and acurate methode that i tested so far in SH5 using Real nav, Manual TDC and Realism 100%
6)The time that we need to find all the data (range, course, AOB, and speed) for a ship or a convoy it takes less than 2 minutes
6)In this methode we will do less ploting on the map and we will use more visuals methodes


To play in this manner you need to have installed this mods:

1)NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith or Magnum Opus

2)NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Real_Navigation

3)AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm ===>> DOWNLOAD

AOB=(Aro/Arr)*100===>> read value in AOB slide ruller

Arr = horizontal marks/vertical marks (use RAOFB to obtain the marks - i recomand Manos scopes from TDW UIs)

Aro = Ship Lenght/Ship mast (use the SOAN to find these values)

If the ship is heading to your direction than AOB = value from AOB slide ruller
If the ship is heading away to your direction than AOB = value from AOB slide ruller + 90 degrees











See post #1 for details

Last edited by stoianm; 03-26-2011 at 02:42 PM.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #74
Durak=MNE=
Nub
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default

This is how tutorial shud looks like and wich we shud get on our DVD-s.
Shame on you Ubisoft.
Durak=MNE= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #75
stoianm
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,776
Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11
Default my SH5

Hi,

This is not a tutorial - i made this video at the sugestion of Zedi and i wanted to share with you how i play my SH5


stoianm How to play SH5 like a PRO with Real navigation, Voice commands and Realism 100%



My up to date mod soup is:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 (patched 2)
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_15_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_15_UHS_Fix
FX_Update_0_0_15_BARF_1_3_Full_Fix
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
AirTorpedoes
Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_0_TheDarkWr aith
Church's SHV 1.01 Keyboard Commands v1.1
1 degree bearing RibAr
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
AIR Missions
Black_Skin_albrecht
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two
Church's NavMap v1.0 - Illyustrator's Version
Convoy
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
EnahncedFunnelSmoke1.2_SH5
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - double set - Large plus Flat Style
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Gramophone
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Icebergs v2.4
Lite Campaign with Ice
Naights Submaine Textures (internal) v1.2(test)
Nauticalwolf's_Torpedo_Textures_v1.2
noir decks
North Atlantic Green 1.1
nVidia missing lights
Officers skin by Naights
Old Style Explosions V1.1
Patch1_Terrain_harbour_flags_Mod_v1_2_1
pescarus mod
Progress Bar for Fuel Batt Air CO2 and Push Buttons By Torpedo v1
Real Environment - Revision (stoianm)
remove electric torp wake
renow_points_0_compatible a fistfull of emblems version_by stoianm
SD_MapCourseLine_tiny_arrows_ocred
SD_MapLocationNameFix_v1_1
Shadow Improvement Mod
soan
sobers base sky mechanics V1
sobers base wave mechanics V15 SH5
sobers real trees
SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod
stoianm blue water and EnvNights compatible Real Environment - Revision
Stoianm Scopes 16x9
TDC Graphics by Naights v1.0
SUB SIM FOR====Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_0_Th eDarkWraith
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
Torpedo Splash
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.5
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot patch
Trevally Tutorials - All v0.2 (for TDW UI)
Window_Lights_Redone_V1
Stormys dark torpedo body + dark OBS periscope shaft v1
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional -6db damped Sonarguy
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional remaining orig sounds converted to 22Khz
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
Unterseeboot II SFX
sobers talking conning crew mod
stoianm sounds
stoianm key commands
apa pura
sobers 3D deck spray mod V7
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Real_Navigation
sh5.exe patch (hydro) v0.0.3
AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm
Speech Recognition_v1.4_MiTons_NewUI_Editon _english
hydro periscope depth
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Symbols
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Tails








See post #1 for details

Last edited by stoianm; 03-26-2011 at 09:22 PM.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim