SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-12, 07:29 PM   #961
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I surfaced and no crew on deck . Latest patch (1.0.60). I cannot remember if i had battlestations F7 enabled or not . Also i had the crew spot a Task Force while i was using the attack scope . All patches enabled/blue ticks except CO2 bug fix and map colors .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 07:54 PM   #962
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Send me your sh5.exe (stock, unmodified one) so I can test and see why
http://www.mediafire.com/?004kzaefk1o6y3v

Also I noticed the same thing as sober, but that happened with the earlier version. It has fixed itself, but i can't remember for sure what exactly fixed it.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 10:12 PM   #963
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v1.0.63.0 released. See post #1

Fixed problem some users were having when the patcher app tried to apply updates

TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 11:03 PM   #964
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
v1.0.63.0 released. See post #1

Fixed problem some users were having when the patcher app tried to apply updates

YAY!!! Works like a charm!
Old 08-20-12, 01:43 AM   #965
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
starting with v1.0.49.0 add a new patch for SH5.exe: ability to exclude certain items from ever being rendered in the game

starting with v1.0.51.0 add a new patch for SH5.exe: ability to run decks awash (~7.5m) with crew on deck and using diesel engines

starting with v1.0.52.0 added a new patch for SHCollisions.act: Crew AI Damage Control
Hi Folks!

Can somebody please upload for me an older version from the Patcher Tool (e.g. one of the above versions), please as .zip Version!

Background is, I´ve changed the MapColors (Patches >> MapColors >> Change 1-15) to my own taste. But now I can´t remember which color-values I´ve set...

And with the actual Patcher-Tool I can´t open the older patched .exe to look into it...!

Therefore I need an older version of the tool that I can open the older patched .exe to look into it and notice me the 15 color-values I´ve set!

Thx for help in advance,
Magic
Old 08-20-12, 03:57 AM   #966
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Independent engine controls works like a champ

It's command based also (Yes I'm able to add new commands to the game now!)

It works like this:
You send a pre-command: Port_engine_only or Stbd_engine_only
Then you select the speed wanted

I have to update my UI mod now

Old 08-20-12, 04:10 AM   #967
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

I think it's a very important change for the improvement of this game!

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 06:08 AM   #968
lesec74
Ensign

Downloads: 259

hello,

If someone can help how to install tdw patcher in french?
many thanks
lesec74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 07:15 AM   #969
Kalleblom
Lieutenant

Downloads: 74

Moin lesec,

i think there isn´t a language change possibility. My english also isn´t very well, but i think it is possible to make the changes without a whole translation.
Kalleblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 07:19 AM   #970
lesec74
Ensign

Downloads: 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalleblom View Post
Moin lesec,

i think there isn´t a language change possibility. My english also isn´t very well, but i think it is possible to make the changes without a whole translation.
many thanks, but is it only for steam version or dvd version?
lesec74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 07:25 AM   #971
Kalleblom
Lieutenant

Downloads: 74

Salut à nouveau,

look at the first post:

For Steam versions of the SH5.exe:
Unable to provide solution to Steam users. The steam sh5.exe uses a form of self-modifying code copy protection that 'unpacks' the code when the executable is run. This form isn't impossible to read and decipher it just takes longer and quite frankly the reward to time relationship isn't worth it for me (not to mention that I can't run the .exe since I don't own the steam version of the game - I own the boxed version of the game). Sorry all. This is one reason why I never buy Steam based games unless I have to.

à bientôt

Kalle
Kalleblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 10:04 AM   #972
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.64.0 released. See post #1

This new version adds patches to SHSim and SH5.exe to allow for independent engine controls

Fire up the patcher. Enable the independent engine controls patches for SHSim and SH5.exe.

When you unzip this you'll find a folder called MODS. Copy the Independent_Engine_Controls_Testing to your MODS folder. DISABLE ALL MODS! Enable the Independent_Engine_Controls_Testing mod only.

Fire up the game. Select the independent engine controls single mission. Go to external cam. Get behing the sub. Press U to enable engine controls for only the port engine. Press 1 on speed bar. You'll see port shaft only turning. Press I to enable engine controls only for the starboard engine. Press 4 on speed bar. You'll see starboard shaft spinning much faster than port shaft. Press 0 on speed bar. Both shafts stop

When you press U or I you give the game a pre-command telling it that next engine command will only be for that shaft. If you have an engine pre-command active it will reset after a speed command (either by you or the game) has been received by the game. Thus if you press U sending a port engine only pre-command then you press 2 on speed bar the port engine pre-command is reset (so that both shafts are active again).

This will not override battery charging (at least it's not supposed to). If battery charging is active the port shaft is stopped but the starboard engine should be at set speed (stock game behavior). Trying to set an engine pre-command on the port shaft with battery charging active should do nothing (game should discard it).

This works for both surfaced (diesel engines) and submerged (electric engines).

When you have both shafts turning at speed and you disable one (put it at all stop) it will stop and your speed will decrease (as it should).

Test this fully in every way you can think of and try to break it

While I'm updating my UIs mod you all can test/play with this

Old 08-20-12, 10:05 AM   #973
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Independent engine controls works like a champ

It's command based also (Yes I'm able to add new commands to the game now!)

It works like this:
You send a pre-command: Port_engine_only or Stbd_engine_only
Then you select the speed wanted

I have to update my UI mod now

Did you actually managed to get it to affect the subs heading? I remember you saying that even with the engines in opposite positions it still didn't turn the sub.
Old 08-20-12, 10:18 AM   #974
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Ha, I just found own bug (well not really a bug) with the new independent engine controls patch. Say you told the game port engine controls only. Then you decided that you want both shafts instead. I have no way to reset the pre-command currently except for selecting a speed (which then resets all engine pre-commands) and then selecting a speed again. I will add a new command to the game that will reset any engine pre-commands given and release a new patch
Old 08-20-12, 11:22 AM   #975
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.65.0 released. See post #1

Added a new command to the independent engine controls patch that allows user to select both shafts

This new version adds patches to SHSim and SH5.exe to allow for independent engine controls

Fire up the patcher. Enable the independent engine controls patches for SHSim and SH5.exe.

When you unzip this you'll find a folder called MODS. Copy the Independent_Engine_Controls_Testing to your MODS folder. DISABLE ALL MODS! Enable the Independent_Engine_Controls_Testing mod only.

Fire up the game. Select the independent engine controls single mission. Go to external cam. Get behing the sub. Press U to enable engine controls for only the port engine. Press 1 on speed bar. You'll see port shaft only turning. Press I to enable engine controls only for the starboard engine. Press 4 on speed bar. You'll see starboard shaft spinning much faster than port shaft. Press 0 on speed bar. Both shafts stop Press N to enable speed commands to both shafts.

When you press U, I, or N you give the game a pre-command telling it that next engine command will only be for that shaft (or both shafts if you pressed N). If you have an engine pre-command active it will reset after a speed command (either by you or the game) has been received by the game. Thus if you press U sending a port engine only pre-command then you press 2 on speed bar the port engine pre-command is reset (so that both shafts are active again).

This will not override battery charging (at least it's not supposed to). If battery charging is active the port shaft is stopped but the starboard engine should be at set speed (stock game behavior). Trying to set an engine pre-command on the port shaft with battery charging active should do nothing (game should discard it).

This works for both surfaced (diesel engines) and submerged (electric engines).

When you have both shafts turning at speed and you disable one (put it at all stop) it will stop and your speed will decrease (as it should).

Test this fully in every way you can think of and try to break it

While I'm updating my UIs mod you all can test/play with this