SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-21-10, 07:17 PM   #31
Captain Can
Soundman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Wolfling04 this idea to extand the campaign sounds amazing man Although i am playing SH3+GWX currently , i am getting more and more reasons to buy SH5 thanks to all efforts from you guys.

This whole modding progress seems like you guys gonna change the vanilla game into a whole something new really soon! Wish you the best luck with your ideas and progress!
Old 09-22-10, 01:17 AM   #32
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102

Well I took a look at the campaign I was making and figured out why some of the .mis missions were not saving, whew. Anyways right now I have my obj.mis good to go and the porttraffic.mis good to go.

Still have to add, map_locations.mis, milkcow.mis, historicalbases.mis and treatzones.mis

So far I can say the dates for this campaign will be 1Aug1943-8May1945 (the historical surrender date of Germany). If anyone has a different date please say so, as this is the date wiki gave me.

After I get all of the above added I still need to edit the UPCdata to reflect the base change to Bergen and test this. Hopefully I will not hit anymore road blocks/speed bumps.

EDIT: I got all of the above .mis'es into the new campaign, I just started updating the UPCDataGE off to bed now. May be able to test tomorrow.

Last edited by Wolfling04; 09-22-10 at 02:10 AM.
Wolfling04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 04:19 PM   #33
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Hi Wolfling

Any news on this? After sparking much interest, this thread suddenly faded away, and it's a shame. Your work seemed very promising.
This thread deserves a bump, so here it is

dcb
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 12:30 AM   #34
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102

Right now, I have a basic campaign built and it ends 8May1945, the problem is, when I try enable it, the Black May campaign does not switch to the new campaign, even though all the dates are correct.

I know I need to learn how to script because I have to edit the campaign selection menu to reflect the campaign that I have added. Once I learn that if it still doesn't work I'm going to take either the Black May campaign or the Arctic Convoy's campaign and build a new campaign out of those.

This is still a WIP I just haven't had time to work on it lately as work and my RL has taken precedence.

First thing I'm gonna try though is a brand new install, since while working on this I had to edit active game files to make the mod.

I may release a mod enabling the player to play until (I forget the date) but enable the player to play until the last u-boat left Brest.
Old 11-01-10, 06:01 AM   #35
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Any news Wolfling04?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 06:31 AM   #36
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

As we discussed in few threads lately, is no solution to add new campaign further than 43. Seems like this part is "a little bit" hardcoded. I took my chances and tried to make a new campaign for 43-45 and I managed once to click on the new campaign but resulted in a ctd. Since then I never managed to pass a persistent error that will occur every time I start a new game:

The only solution now is to extend Black May and add new missions and objectives. Doing so, I managed to play until June 4 when sudden the game ended. I don't know why this happened... is again the hardcode part that block any progress after a certain date, or is because I played the campaign using an old save. Now I restarted the BM campaign just to see if I can pass that date an enter July, but this takes a lot of time even on max TC :/
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 12:24 PM   #37
Hartmann
Sea Lord

Downloads: 204

Perhaps dev team put a harcoded limit thinking in a future addons , but now this is not probable.

the only way could be find the trigger or limit values in the game files and see if it could be override.

She is made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can. and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

Strength and honor
Hartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 06:43 PM   #38
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

BlackMay43 is coded into the Simdata.dll
No other Campaign is listed.

Perhaps that is the stopper?
Old 11-01-10, 07:49 PM   #39
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
As we discussed in few threads lately, is no solution to add new campaign further than 43. Seems like this part is "a little bit" hardcoded. I took my chances and tried to make a new campaign for 43-45 and I managed once to click on the new campaign but resulted in a ctd. Since then I never managed to pass a persistent error that will occur every time I start a new game:

The only solution now is to extend Black May and add new missions and objectives. Doing so, I managed to play until June 4 when sudden the game ended. I don't know why this happened... is again the hardcode part that block any progress after a certain date, or is because I played the campaign using an old save. Now I restarted the BM campaign just to see if I can pass that date an enter July, but this takes a lot of time even on max TC :/
Please continue
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10, 02:48 AM   #40
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
BlackMay43 is coded into the Simdata.dll
No other Campaign is listed.

Perhaps that is the stopper?
Yes, I saw that. And that can be changed, but also can be considered as hacking. Anyway, I started now BM from scratch and if it will stop again around June 4, only hope is that Ubi will launch a patch that will unlock the campaign. I don't think that Ubi will work out an addon after the epic fail they had with SH5.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10, 04:44 PM   #41
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Yes, I saw that. And that can be changed, but also can be considered as hacking.
Writeing patch files that change an original file is accepted for the SH series of Games.
Follow some of the Mods in SH3 right now.
They change values in key files but do not distribute the actual files.
As long as you don't break any security built in?
I've seen little opposition to the patch approach.
Old 11-02-10, 04:54 PM   #42
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
Yes, I saw that. And that can be changed, but also can be considered as hacking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
Writeing patch files that change an original file is accepted for the SH series of Games.
Follow some of the Mods in SH3 right now.
They change values in key files but do not distribute the actual files.
As long as you don't break any security built in?
I've seen little opposition to the patch approach.
so what are waiting for the new company, hip, hip, hurray.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10, 05:00 PM   #43
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Do we need to patch a key file?
Or is it the python script for campaigns that needs changed?
I don't do python so I can't say for sure.
But it is an interesting script.
Old 11-03-10, 02:36 PM   #44
andycaccia
XO

Downloads: 261

Even a 1945 ending Black May campaign is betetr than a 1943 ending. It may not be historically correct, since we would need at least 2 other campaigns, but it's something..
Old 11-17-10, 02:33 AM   #45
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

That's what I managed:

Here you can take the mod, if it can be called.
That campaign - complete clone of "Black May". All you want to rename the "New Horizons"
Only I have not worked with a selection campaign, but I'm not much zealous. It was important to continue the campaign.

Please nepinayte feet. This is done very quickly. Just hastened to share operating time, suddenly come in handy.