SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
|06-02-2010, 04:17 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Simple Question: Define "Ship Transporting WAR meterial"
I am in Oktober 22, 1940, Happy Times. Have 3 missions when i recall correct.
I have sunk the 200k west of the UK. Though i have not yet completed the: Sink 10 ships transporting war meterial to GB. Even though most of the convoys i have hit were heading eastwards. These 2 mission are in the same area, the other is at the East Coast of Brintain, were i am supposed to sink 100K.
Question 1: What kind of ships do i need to attack to sink 10 ships transporting war meterial? Regular cargo and tanker will not do the job right?
Question 2: Do only ships in "the circle" count? I mean, click on mission objective and it will provide an area.
Question 3: Can i start hunting @ the East Coast, and gain "points" for 2 mission objectoves? (war meterial & east coast 100K)
What is the differance betwen refit and end of patrol? You will not get any experiance point when refitting. But does it make a diffarance in time in port? (time not at sea).
Aditional 2: whats the best way to get to know the Depth Under Keel?
Thanks in advance for sharing your experiance!
|06-02-2010, 04:22 PM||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2006
1. War Material ships have tanks and vehicles on their decks. They also say "(War Supplies)" in their name, ie: Large Steamer (War Supplies)
2. Any in the general area should count.
3. Yes, but you probably won't find the war supplies ones on the east coast.
Refit = refuel and rearm without ending your patrol.
End Patrol = take some time off while in dock and get a new patrol objective as well as being able to upgrade items on your u-boat and reload with custom torpedo loadout and switch active missions if desired.
Depth Under Keel is part of the 1.2 patch UI:
|06-05-2010, 05:24 AM||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2009
1) Large Steamer (War Supplies)
2) Only ships in the AO (Area of Operation) marked with a shaded circle count.
3) To my understanding the AO is West of England, so when you eat the East coast, you're not doing anything, just wasting eels..
If the AO happens to contain a port (such as 200K Cork, which is also neutral, you can camp there, fire only on Troop transports, once sunk , save game and reload last save. You should have a new TT waiting a kiss of your eels.. repeat as necessary..
4) Refit is --> rearm/refuel, not ending the patrol.. End patrol means the boat is parked and you have reached your home base marked on the map by a sub icon next to the anchor icon, all the crew gets off, celebrates, and the wounded are treated, medals are awarded, commendations are received and women get laid
5) Depth under keel theres a button under Crash Dive symbol on the HUD if you're patched to 1.2 (), you press it when no destroyer is around, a beep shall be produced, and the Nazi Navigator shall report the depth under the sub keel.. take care cuz 15 meters is close to seabed.. and the game dont allow you to hit the bed unlike reality
My other sims