SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-10, 09:04 PM   #1
az
Watch

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
[REL] Azs_Retextures_Plus_Mods_V1_PROPER_PATCH

Greetings,

This is a collection of a few mods I've made since my last one. Nothing too special since most of what I've done here is probably already available by another modder.

However there's nothing wrong with more choices for players right? So in that spirit here are my contribution.

--------------------------

1. Az's Sky Mod:
---------------------------
-Reworked all textures used by the 3D Cloud system. Also modified cloud systems to work best with my texture.
-Retextured parallax cloud layer, both top and bottom. Scarier looking storms.

SORRY COULDN"T FIND A STORM INGAME WHILE TAKING SHOTS. SO CANT SHOW THE PARALLAX CLOUDS TEXTURES FOR NOW.

2: Az's Underwater Mod:
-Reduced Underwater Visibility considerably across all weather types.
-In deep water you won't see the bottom, and if you dive deep enough visiblity will be zero like the earlier games. How bad the visiblility gets depends on how bad the weather is topside.

Az's Caustics Mod:
-Reworked caustics textures making them larger and doubling detail for every effect that uses it. Also made the animated caustic effect have more detail, more pronounced but still subtle compared to the effect seen on previous games.

Az's Lighting\Sun Shafts Mod:
-A few tweaks I made for my self but decided might as well as include them, might not be to everyones preferences:
-Some lighting, HDR/Bloom tweaks on bridge and inside the subs.
-Increase the strength of the sun shaft effect.

Instructions:
Each small mod is in it's own folder so you can choose which ones you want. As ever simply extract to JSGME mod folder and use that app to install. After downloading the main mod please download the patches and apply with JSGME.

Conflicts:
Will ofcourse conflict with any mods that edits the following files:

Lights.cfg
Clouds.cfg
FogDistances.cfg
hdr_underwater.cfg
Caustics Assets
3D Cloud Assets
Parallax Sky Assets
I disabled the daft halo on interactive object function also, so conflict with mods that does disable it as well will not be an issue.

DOWNLOAD:
-------------------------

MAIN DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tnejzcyumzd

UNDERWATER MOD PATCH:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wdzmhiwxmll

SKY MOD PARALLAX FIX:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m2nq4tynjmt

UNDERWATER CLOUD FIX:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h5lmj1wkzym

RECOLOR DEMO PATCH:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzfuago2nzd

UNDERWATER PATCH:

-File folder error where "filters" I named "filter". JSGME would have a fit.
-Added new tweaks to the underwater filter.
-Fixed purple screen issue of earlier patch.

SKY MOD PARALLAX FIX:

-Fixed alpha artefact on prallax sky layer. It created some weird double/triple images on the edges of clouds. This patch fixes it. Download and overide with JSGME.

UNDERWATE CLOUD FIX:

-Mitigates the cloud underwater issue by increasing underwater draw distance. It still happens but at a greater depth, therefore less noticable. For a complete fix, revert to vanilla files.

RECOLOR DEMO:

-Added a "demo" patch to show my recolor mod progress. For screenshot and further info find one of my post below of read the Leetme File. THIS IS JUST A DEMO, DONE IN A "CHEAP" WAY.

OUTSTANDING ISSUES:

-Sometimes on game load my underwater fog setting would just revert back to vanilla. Certain geographic locationr and/or weather seems to trigger this on load. Could well be a game bug (we would never notice before since the unmodded underwater draw distance is so HUGE).

-Sometimes rocks and grasses seems to float in mid space on game load. To fix it simply go to nav mode and X time. This I think is due to me using such large images for the caustic effects. It messes up the game's streaming in those rocks and grass.

-------------------------
Enjoy,
Az.

Last edited by az; 03-28-10 at 07:03 AM. Reason: PROPER PATCH + DEMO PATCH
az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 09:12 PM   #2
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice work

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 09:20 PM   #3
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Ill try it. But in the Az's Underwater Mod. Can you also give the ocean a greenish colour a la das boot?

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 10:28 PM   #4
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Default Awesome!

Caustic mod + Underwater mod = awesome. Really great job on this
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 10:28 PM   #5
az
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
Ill try it. But in the Az's Underwater Mod. Can you also give the ocean a greenish colour a la das boot?
sure can. I'll get one out when I get home tonight.
Old 03-25-10, 06:34 AM   #6
Kromus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 135

Nice mod thank you
Kromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 06:51 AM   #7
az
Watch

Default Mod patched

Added a patch of sorts to fix file folder error and added some new tweaks to underwater filters. Download on main post.
--------------------

Oscar,

Well my friend I know I promised a greenish seas tonight but it seems this is going to turn into another main mod instead of just a quick and dirty insert.
I'm working on it and it will be my next mod. The thing is to do this properly I will have to define alot of color code manually.

The sea and undersea coloring system is defined by 10 seperate variables. That 10 is in turn defined by another 25 weather/time of day states. And finally that 25 in turn is defined by 3 geographic reigon.

So I have to manually generate 10x25x3 individual color codes if I'm going to do it right and have things look awesome. I could cheat and just repeat the color values of the first 10 for everything else but that would mean an enviroment that is totally static.

Plus SH5's weather bug doesn't don't help things at all when you're modding something that is using weather states . So I'm gonna take my time and do it right. Not just gonna only do a greener version but gonna attempt to make each reigon unique.

Az.
Old 03-25-10, 06:58 AM   #8
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Good work Az
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 07:02 AM   #9
Regio Sommergibile
Officer

Downloads: 181

This is great! Thanks mate
Old 03-25-10, 02:41 PM   #10
Flinch
Watch

Thanks for the mod Az! I look forward to using it.

Question: Do we need to download the main file pack AND the patch? Or is the patch just for those that have already downloaded the main file pack?

Thanks again!
Flinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 01:49 PM   #11
az
Watch

Okay the patch is crap. It'll make everything purple. I'll sort it out after this post. So I understand your confusion. My fault actually. Or you could just delete the file in the patch and run the mod without the HDR filters.

-------------

But first an update. I've been having real problems figuring out what sort of system the devs use for colors. It weird but it dosent seem to corespond to standard Hex color codes. You always get the right color if you input their color codes into a generator/picker but if you put your own into the game it always comes out different. But I think I'm close to figuring it out. It'll just gonna take alot of testing to get right.

I'll edit with the "truly" fixed patch in a sec. Sorry about that.
Old 03-26-10, 02:42 PM   #12
az
Watch

Default Proper patch and recolor demo

Okey I've uploaded the "real patch". Sorry about that. I uploaded the first filter patch file while busy studying the devs coloring system and uploaded one of my test files by mistake this is the real one and will give my modification without any recoloring experiments. Just the brightness/gamma/saturation modifications.

-------

Also uploaded is a recolor of the sea done by using a filter. This isn't the way I'm taking for the proper recolor mod. That's gonna take a lot of work and alot of testing to get the color right plus theres 10 different "channels" I need to get looking and working together right. Also you might not agree with the particular shade of green I use in the demo filter. I did this one with little testing:

Also doing it via filter isn't the best thing. First one the surface the water is still blue. Second everything underwater will have a green hue, bubbles, the seafloor everything. So for the main mod I'm gonna do it the way the devs do it. Just gonna take some time.

-----------

As for your question Flinch. First download the main mod, install it. Then download which Patch you want and install that. Can do both via JSGME or manually. For the patch, overwite the original file. In JSGME just click yes after the warning.

Az.

Last edited by az; 03-26-10 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-26-10, 04:00 PM   #13
Flinch
Watch

Thanks Az. Keep up the good work!
Flinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 05:36 PM   #14
rsvette12
Lieutenant

Downloads: 132

Awesome going to try this asap, thanks for the hard work sir.

Rich
rsvette12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 08:17 PM   #15
rsvette12
Lieutenant

Downloads: 132

Great work just got it loaded, luv it, thank you.

Rich
rsvette12 is offline   Reply With Quote