SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-11, 06:43 PM   #346
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

@ Stormfly: when you said you weren't getting the new radio message sounds, were you by change at periscope station or some other station? I found an error in my .dll. It was saying valid camera was only 2 possible camera stations manned (interior fore and radio room free). If you weren't at one of those two stations then you wouldn't hear the new sounds.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 07:10 PM   #347
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
@ Stormfly: when you said you weren't getting the new radio message sounds, were you by change at periscope station or some other station? I found an error in my .dll. It was saying valid camera was only 2 possible camera stations manned (interior fore and radio room free). If you weren't at one of those two stations then you wouldn't hear the new sounds.
i hear all the sounds anywhere as long as iam on surface, after updating to the last dll you send me, more reacitve triggered !

after diving to periscope dept, radio transmissions are still receiveable and updating in the log (this should be correct) but at this point there is no radio message in sound playing any more anywhere.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 10:22 PM   #348
Alky
Lieutenant

Downloads: 141

As I understand it, this mod requires the German language install(?)
Do I have to uninstall my game and re-install it?

I would have installed the German language version if I had known that there would be English text as i don't understand German but it does add more flavor to the game. The English with the German accent is quite good though

Alky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 10:50 PM   #349
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alky View Post

I would have installed the German language version if I had known that there would be English text as i don't understand German but it does add more flavor to the game. The English with the German accent is quite good though
hi,

plz be kind enough and read the 1.st post carefully, you should find all your answers...

Old 02-14-11, 04:39 AM   #350
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alky View Post

As Stormfly write, read first Post carefully and you´ll find this Link:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=23
Old 02-14-11, 07:09 AM   #351
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

UPDATE: Hotfix 3 aviable, see first post !

Old 02-14-11, 07:10 AM   #352
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
thanks
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 07:21 AM   #353
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Old 03-03-11, 12:28 PM   #354
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

this mod is astounding. I think either I played a different soundmod before or yours got a lot of fixes since last version I played, but this is like night and day more awesome than whatever I was using before. This should be the soundmod recommended to use for MO. Hats off and thankyou thankyou again!
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-11, 03:20 PM   #355
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Thank you Sir, but most of the work was done by Bavaria and it`s crews, so if not done allready, go shopping for the Blue Ray version of "Das Boot"

Old 03-03-11, 03:23 PM   #356
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Thank you Sir, but most of the work was done by Bavaria and it`s crews, so if not done allready, go shopping for the Blue Ray version of "Das Boot"
stop talking that pls - you want us to belive that you did nothing - you can not if you are trying to do that
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 12:16 PM   #357
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

well, whoever, and all anyone, involved with any of the gold hitting my eardrums, thankyou!
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 02:36 PM   #358
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

I have some problems with MCCD and MFCM mods after I have activated this new Stormy´s DBSM version. I need something to test. Could someone here please give a link to a previous version (1.21) of this sound mod?

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 03-12-11 at 04:02 PM.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-11, 03:10 PM   #359
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Hi again Stormfly! This is a great mod and it's nice that I could also contribute in it. But now I have few issues that started to annoy me a little bit. Here comes:

1. The engine sounds are too low. I was using "Engine Sounds Improved"-mod before with this, and it worked great. I had to close doors when I was going top speed because of the noise. Now with the new version of your mod (or is it the TDW's new UI?), the volume level has gone down. Is it because the .dll-files? Could you look into this? I tried adjusting it with SH.sdl-but it didn't seem to work. I really need the engines to shout when when I'm chasing something!

2. Radio reports. The new reports are great, but I think too long. If I wan't to increase the TC, the sound starts to loop, so I have to wait a quite long time for them to finish. And it seems that when I send patrol report, I get two messages back, which seems weird.

Okay, that's it. Otherwise it's golden ! I hope you still keep updating it!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-11, 06:34 PM   #360
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Hi again Stormfly! This is a great mod and it's nice that I could also contribute in it. But now I have few issues that started to annoy me a little bit. Here comes:

1. The engine sounds are too low. I was using "Engine Sounds Improved"-mod before with this, and it worked great. I had to close doors when I was going top speed because of the noise. Now with the new version of your mod (or is it the TDW's new UI?), the volume level has gone down. Is it because the .dll-files? Could you look into this? I tried adjusting it with SH.sdl-but it didn't seem to work. I really need the engines to shout when when I'm chasing something!

2. Radio reports. The new reports are great, but I think too long. If I wan't to increase the TC, the sound starts to loop, so I have to wait a quite long time for them to finish. And it seems that when I send patrol report, I get two messages back, which seems weird.

Okay, that's it. Otherwise it's golden ! I hope you still keep updating it!
1: Engine sounds... cant reproduce that lower volume, but you can try to rise the wave`s volume itself a bit using a wav editor.

2. Radio reports... yes there are two messages playing if you send a patrol report. I only use the MCCD entry for sending a patrol report, because i changed the script for that: The first sound plays the sending sound sample, after that the script waits for some animations of the radio guy, after that the receiving sound sample is played. This is made to simulate a time delay between sending a message and got a answer from BDU. If you dont want this, you can try clicking on the radio guy while the script is running, it could be that the sound is stopped then not shure. Otherwise i can make this optional for the next version.

Tags
favorite