Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #2116
mapuc
Navy Seal

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

I KNEW it

Some days ago I downloaded the Wolves Of Steel 1.05 latest edition

Throughout the day I have cut and paste from the mod into the game's different folders

Started the game and got a crash, tried again-same story Crash.

Said to myself-you knew this would happen-Only patches or mods that have "automatic installation" is useful for a 250 % real novice like me.

So now I have to think if I wanna reinstall SH5 with all its bugs or wait for a patch where these have been fixed.

I'm so happy for those who lay down hours after hours on making a game, such as SH5 more delight full to play, I wish however that they would make a "automatic installation" so a real 250 % novice like me can get the pleasure to play SH5 with a super mods like Wolves Of Steel.
I would gladly pay 5-10 $ to the creator of such mod if he made an automatic installation.

It's not the fist time this has happened-Last time was when I played SH3 I made an "investigation" and found out I had copied files from the mod folder into the correct game folder AND I had, believe it or not, copied files from the game folder into some of the mod folder.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #2117
vdr1981
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 509
Uploads: 13

I's not likely that TWoS auto installer will be available any time soon...Maybe some day...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:12 PM   #2118
Benemii
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapizi View Post
Disable evertthing and enable a old version od the TDW New UIs TDC (version 3.0.0 will be the easy to find) and tell us of u still got the problem.
Just to make things fool proof,where can i get that?
Benemii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:45 PM   #2119
mapuc
Navy Seal

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I's not likely that TWoS auto installer will be available any time soon...Maybe some day...
An idea could be that if a player want the easy part of getting this mega mod-Wolves Of steel installed into his SH5 game folder, this person should give 5 or 10 $ to Subsim and thereby get this mega mod with an auto installer.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:30 PM   #2120
Benemii
Swabbie

Nope. Def has nothing to do with the resolution. Tried everything Resolution wise. And with only The Wolves Of Steel mod enabled its still there. So it def has something to do with the default UI mod.
(I think black boxes with the words OK and nothing else in them is a dead giveaway )
I can also click the accept button but it does nothing.

(This is it in 4:3 btw)

any fool proof suggestions? Is there any way i can replace the default UI for this mod with something else and try if that works? if so how?

Sorry for the bother but i wanna get things done the right way.

I really wanna get this to work so i can take a break from my virtual Pilot's life.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:23 PM   #2121
vdr1981
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benemii View Post

I really wanna get this to work so i can take a break from my virtual Pilot's life.
Again "windowed" ? Did you see post 2117
Old 08-27-2016, 07:52 PM   #2122
Benemii
Swabbie

Quote:
Again "windowed" ? Did you see post 2117
Yup i saw it. I did it to get a screenshot. Tried EVERYTHING resolution related. Suffice to say fullscreen didnt work,downsampling,multiple other resolutions/resolution scalings. Tried them with and without the resolution patches,nothing.

Edit: oh and yes ofc im using version 1.2.0
Any version prior to that is just... Unplayable for me. (Meaning it runs but but i like a more finished game,that patch,patched it just enough to make it playable for a lot of people)

Last edited by Benemii; 08-27-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #2123
vdr1981
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Yup i saw it. I did it to get a screenshot. Tried EVERYTHING resolution related. Suffice to say fullscreen didnt work,downsampling,multiple other resolutions/resolution scalings. Tried them with and without the resolution patches,nothing.

Edit: oh and yes ofc im using version 1.2.0
Any version prior to that is just... Unplayable for me. (Meaning it runs but but i like a more finished game,that patch,patched it just enough to make it playable for a lot of people)
Strange indeed...Can you show me few screenshots of your main Silent Hunter 5 folder with mods enabled and with mods disabled ?

Did you watch The Norse Cast's video tutorial how to install game and TWoS ?
Old 08-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #2124
Benemii
Swabbie

I watched the tutorial yeah,and before i comply to that,i found out that the problem IS the NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith itself.

I made a new copy of SH5 and shoved JSGME in there,did a few tests and only enabling "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith" will cause this issue. I've got NO other mods in that folder. just "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith"

Any advice?
Old 08-27-2016, 09:02 PM   #2125
vdr1981
Silent Hunter

Quote:
I watched the tutorial yeah,and before i comply to that,i found out that the problem IS the NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith itself.

I made a new copy of SH5 and shoved JSGME in there,did a few tests and only enabling "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith" will cause this issue. I've got NO other mods in that folder. just "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith"

Any advice?
Be aware that NewUI mods archives are packed somewhat tricky...They are not JSGME compatible as soon as you extract the archive. Are you sure that you have added the main NewUI mod correctly to your JSGME MODS folder?
Old 08-27-2016, 09:31 PM   #2126
Benemii
Swabbie

Quote:
Be aware that NewUI mods archives are packed somewhat tricky...They are not JSGME compatible as soon as you extract the archive. Are you sure that you have added the main NewUI mod correctly to your JSGME MODS folder?
Well my point is,That UI mod is the UI mod that is used in The Wolves of Steel Megamod right? So by default,enabling The Wolves of Steel mod should enable that mod and the others inside of TWS correctly,right?

I'm pretty sure that the mods were correctly implemented,compiled and tested.
So me adding the NewUI mod correctly shouldn't matter since its on by default in the megamod.

But yes,i did add the mod correctly in my second copy of SH5(The one with JSGME and this mod ONLY). Just to be safe i tried different ways and well this is the only way that worked. Unfortunately its giving me black boxes and non functioning buttons.

At least we narrowed down the problem to being that UI mod,right?
Old 08-27-2016, 11:32 PM   #2127
Ashikaga
Lieutenant

Downloads: 16

What is your exact system setup ?

I need to know your video card settings, your screen settings and your cfg settings.

Also, did you watch the how to install the Mod correctly video on youtube ?

Helped me a lot !

The only problems I have at the moment with the UI is that it at times lets you pull up the clock when you shift-Z to get rid of it but refuses to bring up the compass. And I like to have the clock and compass as separate entities on my screen when I remove the UI sidebars.

ADDITIONAL !! and this is important.

Check your JSGME.
You only should have the resolution patch enabled that is at that time compatible with your resolution.

When I play with my screen set to 1280x1024 I use the 5.4 patch.
Switching over to another resolution, for instance 1280x960 I go to the 8x5 patch.

Two resolution patches enabled at the same time will mess up your overlay.
What you can also try to do is disabling the KSD commander.exe program since that is the
main reason why at startup you get an unworkable overlay asking you to save nav fixes etcetera.

So I just do not use that at all.

Screenshot of my present setting at 1280x1024:

This is with update 16.3 installed btw.

Hope that helps.

Ashikaga

Last edited by Ashikaga; 08-28-2016 at 04:34 AM.
Ashikaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:26 AM   #2128
Benemii
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
What is your exact system setup ?

I need to know your video card settings, your screen settings and your cfg settings.

Also, did you watch the how to install the Mod correctly video on youtube ?

Helped me a lot !

The only problems I have at the moment with the UI is that it at times lets you pull up the clock when you shift-Z to get rid of it but refuses to bring up the compass. And I like to have the clock and compass as separate entities on my screen when I remove the UI sidebars.

ADDITIONAL !! and this is important.

Check your JSGME.
You only should have the 5.4 resolution patch and the 8x5 resolution patch ENABLED.

Do not put the 4.3 resolution in there that also will mess up your layout.

Screenshot :

This is with update 16.3 installed btw.

Ashikaga

Gotcha. All my info huh? Havent done this in a while.
Okay here we go;

Intel Core i7-4790 @4Ghz
Cooler Master Nepton 240m Liquid Cooler
16GB HyperX Fury Red/Black
Windows 7Pro 64Bit Sp1 fully registered
Nvidia GTX 960 4GB (Havent updated the drivers in a while because the last set of drivers caused windows to bluescreen for 90% of people that downloaded it and a while before that the same thing happened)
2 HDD's 1Main SSD that my OS and SH5 is on
Antec 850 PSU, Gold rated
NZXT Phantom 630

23 inch Dell SR2320L (Usually set to its max res of 1920x1080)
GPU is overclocked to run at;
Core Clock: 1415
Memory Clock: 1848
Default profile in the Nvidia properties panel for SH5

And which cfg you wanna know about? And yes i did watch the video and did it correctly. Just in case ill do it again later.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:03 AM   #2129
Ashikaga
Lieutenant

Downloads: 16

Well the Main cfg which should be located in your Documents SH5 folder.
There are resolution settings in that also.

I must say I did get your error once yesterday after installing the Speech mod and patching the game with the TDW generic patcher. But as soon as I removed both speech mods the start screen went back to normal.

My system is way under yours. hahahaha. IBM Lenovo But I use two terabyte HDD's and an Nvidia 920 as well as 5GB RAM which I want to make at least 8 for playing IL2 CLOD properly.

So I absolutely do not know why you have these problems with the game because you should not have any with your rig.

The only thing I can think of I have already explained. Mods acting out together and resolution.

But we will get there eventually and get you on the sealane.

Ashikaga,
Ashikaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:38 AM   #2130
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 933

Hi Benemii
Why are you showing 2 resolutions enabled no 4?
IIRC 16.9 is the default resolution.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote