SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-17, 07:12 AM   #1066
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi RR
I have to defend SH5 TWOS mega mod with real navigation and over 100 mods and 99.99% stable no ctd's.
This is nothing like what you may have remembered previously.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 03:23 PM   #1067
Rowddy
Gunner

Downloads: 202
Default sorry

i reinstalled SH 5 on my new game PC but i cannot play it anymore because it says in the gamecheck box my graphis drivers are out dated Now the thing is that i have in SLI 2x nVidea GTX 980ti Carfds with the latest drivers on.. How do i fix this?? it seems weird you cannot play a game anymore with a good gaming PC id they still sell this game on STEAM for instance. So what i do wong?

I am soory to post my question here but it seems i cannot open a new post for some reason and can only reply to excisting posts So i do appolofize for mposting my question here.

P.S. i cannot put in an attachment aswwell (DXDiag)
Rowddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 03:47 PM   #1068
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Don't try to start the game with the GU.exe, but rather use the SH.exe file directly... It's in the main game file. Depending upon how you have your OS setup, if you use Windows Explorer to look in the folder, you might only see "GU" and "SH" for the two files, since Windows by default hides the extensions of files.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 08:43 PM   #1069
Rowddy
Gunner

well i have windows 10 16 bit i only have 1 SH file that can be the exe file ( it is 4251KB) i see no other file that file in the whole game folder. i just made a copy on desktop with it but i get the same result the intro starts playing but windowed on the lefttop corner of the screen (it flickers a bit) then comes a UBI pop=up and it says start the game.. and then nothing happens.
Old 01-20-17, 12:56 PM   #1070
propbeanie

Ahhh... my old eyes... I've got my better glasses on today... In your first post, you wrote "SH5", with an emphasis on the FIVE (5) - if that is correct, then follow the link in Peter THEBERBSTER's signature in the post above
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...50&postcount=1
which will take you to his Silent Hunter 5 info, of which, you'll want to pay particular attention to the very first link on that page... If you do have SH4, emphasis on the FOUR (4), and that's just a typo above, then what version of the game do you have, and where did you get it? Also, that Windows 10 you have, that's 64-bit? or 32-bit?

Old 01-20-17, 09:12 PM   #1071
Rowddy
Gunner

64-bit and txs for putting my onto that link i will check it out tomorrow when i wake-up
Old 01-21-17, 01:14 PM   #1072
Rowddy
Gunner

well i did everything what the link suggeted you gave me..
I uninstalled everything also the my Documents folder reinstalled it again updated it to V1.2 and then again tried to run the game but again all it shows me is the intro movie and then nothing but a UBI pop-up that says which are my games etc and play. Now if i press play then it starts again with the intro movie, so it's a loop lol i cannot go past this point now at the bottom there is a little help button and after oressing it it says this....

INCOMPATIBLE PROGRAMM

i did use the compatibility programm to use windows XP with service pack 3 ( i tried windows 7 yesterday) but it is still incompatible

anyone has any suggestions? i did my game in a shop when it was new and it has permanent internet connetion

so in short as i said in a revious post i also get during installation a a message from the compatibility dchecker that my grapics drivers are outdated lol as i am using the latest nVidea GTX 980ti driver for both cards

Last edited by Rowddy; 01-21-17 at 01:29 PM. Reason: i am not allowed to post attachements so no DXdiag sorry
Old 01-22-17, 09:20 PM   #1073
Zinmar
Commander

Downloads: 276

I saw that this is at v2.0 and I was wondering if this is a stand alone megamod or if anything else is needed to run it. Its been about 5 years since I last played a subsim but I got the itch and came to scratch it.
Zinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 09:45 PM   #1074
propbeanie

Rowddy, if you've got Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic, then do yourself a new post over in

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244

and ask your questions. The fellers over there know much more about the 5 game than most of us here know about the 4 game...

Old 01-22-17, 09:52 PM   #1075
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinmar View Post
I saw that this is at v2.0 and I was wondering if this is a stand alone megamod or if anything else is needed to run it. Its been about 5 years since I last played a subsim but I got the itch and came to scratch it.
Fall of the Rising Sun versions 1.2 and 1.3 were made for Silent Hunter 4, version 1.5, and were in English (and German??)... Fall of the Rising Sun v2.0 (and a patch) were made for Silent Hunter v1.4, and is in German only... Just a bit confusing. They are all three considered mega-mods, since they affect all aspects of the game play. Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate is what we're working on now, and is a combination of basically all three versions, ported to Silent Hunter v1.5, and in English. It's in beta release. I liked all the versions of Fall of the Rising Sun that I tried, especially v2 since the "environment" is stunning. My high school German gets me through the menus, and away you go! But, not being partial or anything... ahem... Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate is better... Just sayin'...

Old 11-30-17, 01:30 AM   #1076
Mitcheyc
Swabbie

Downloads: 78
Default can i have a link

can i have a link to a working copy for 1.5
Mitcheyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 11:00 AM   #1077
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitcheyc View Post
can i have a link to a working copy for 1.5
Although it is still in Beta, a lot of people are playing this now:
Quote:
New version, 7/18/2017. FOTRSU v0.63 PublicBeta EN.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
It is compatible with SH 1.5

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-19, 11:09 AM   #1078
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

This version is still very enjoyable in 2019

Currently running a career together along with a FOTRSU 0.80 one, i don’t have the small troubles (mast radar animation, periscope depth sound sequence, sea level target locking) that i have in 0.80...
Furthermore destroyers are very good

Just sayin’
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-19, 05:02 PM   #1079
propbeanie

Watch for DD "convoys" by late 1943, that will "grow" to 30+ DD by mid 44. I think its 7 DDs that were probably supposed to be set to DockedShip=true but were missed. If you want to, you can try to edit them in the Jap_HarborTraffic.mis file. If I get a chance to this evening (and if I remember to), I'll run my pre-built search for them, and let you know which ones are problems.

Old 02-26-19, 02:14 AM   #1080
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote