SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-15, 09:51 AM   #91
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 134
Uploads: 0

I not made new version mod, so my coputer not allow made this and game engine not allow made this also. So sorry for my long silence.
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-15, 10:01 AM   #92
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
BUG REPORT for unreleased V2012 ALPHA:

- Museum DOES work! It loads about 25min on a current Win7 computer /16GB
You MUST run the 4GB patch - simply use S3F to do that
- Museum CRASHES in GERMAN ships, scroll down and you will see.

- Switch of Russian! Take the THIRDLAST option and select what appears to read something like "nimezkoy" and you have German. From there on you can switch to English
Museum CTD so 1st ship need XXMB video memory + 2nd ship need XXMB video memory + ... = CTD after summary video memory need for work more than you have video memory total. Engine video memory not support more then 4 GB. So Museum can not work full, so in this version need more then 4 GB video memory, but game engine not allow this. Sorry, but it is game engine limite. And reason, that I not made new version. For new version need new engine, so in this engine you have CTD when attack large convoy for example. In you computer video mamory can not allow this in many time.
Old 04-06-15, 10:17 AM   #93
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Sorryy - I forget say, that CTD can be when u-boot go in shallow waters (less then 300 meters). In this waters game engine use bottom picture and you can have not need size video memory. During go in shallow water summary need video memory can be more, than you have or engine allow and you receive CTD. Sorry - I made mod under maximal engine resources and not possible made more best version. If Ubisoft made new game Silent Hunter 6 with new engine support SH3 units and have not this limitations about RAM and video, so may be made any new.
Old 04-06-15, 11:59 AM   #94
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
And please answer this:
May be you right...
Old 04-06-15, 12:02 PM   #95
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Please update POST#1 with the updated information of POST #106
I'm update first post now.
Old 04-06-15, 12:29 PM   #96
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Which is V2008 and which is V2012?

I have unpacked the alpha-version you gave me of your V2012 and
these are the correct values:

SEA: 564
AIR: 123
Land: 63
Total: 750 units.

So where are the units you speak of?
In version 2012 I not use all units what I have. So I know about problem with video memory and with all more then 1200 units game not load total. So need more RAM and video memory, that I have. And new engine for game, so with unsuffient size video memory game not load total and made CTD. So I not send you all units what I have. Can say, that 300-400 units I verifycation with work in SH 3, but for good install in game need made more work, that units not confict one by one. Few units have identical identificators. And was need reworked this units. So Game SH 3 not allow use all units I not made this work. So was made many mods for SH 3 and all have new units (planes and ships). And many from cofcting one by one in similar identificator. If would be conflict identificators game not start and made CTD.

May be in far future, when Ubisoft made SH 6 and I have computer no less then 64 GB RAM and 32 GB video memory and new game engine, what allow support this, I made new version mod with all ships and planes what I would be have in this day.

I not see need send you all units what I have, so need made many works for correct work this units between. And I not made this work yet.

In last year I have burn my computer and lost few (few tens) units... and not know what I would be have when Ubisoft made SH 6.

Last edited by denis_469; 04-06-15 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-07-15, 03:57 PM   #97
areo16
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis_469 View Post
In version 2012 I not use all units what I have. So I know about problem with video memory and with all more then 1200 units game not load total. So need more RAM and video memory, that I have. And new engine for game, so with unsuffient size video memory game not load total and made CTD. So I not send you all units what I have. Can say, that 300-400 units I verifycation with work in SH 3, but for good install in game need made more work, that units not confict one by one. Few units have identical identificators. And was need reworked this units. So Game SH 3 not allow use all units I not made this work. So was made many mods for SH 3 and all have new units (planes and ships). And many from cofcting one by one in similar identificator. If would be conflict identificators game not start and made CTD.

May be in far future, when Ubisoft made SH 6 and I have computer no less then 64 GB RAM and 32 GB video memory and new game engine, what allow support this, I made new version mod with all ships and planes what I would be have in this day.

I not see need send you all units what I have, so need made many works for correct work this units between. And I not made this work yet.

In last year I have burn my computer and lost few (few tens) units... and not know what I would be have when Ubisoft made SH 6.
Would you be kind enough to upload v2012? or send me PM with link?

Thank you sir.
areo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 02:08 PM   #98
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by areo16 View Post
Would you be kind enough to upload v2012? or send me PM with link?

Thank you sir.
I send my version 2012 to Blitzkrieg. After it my comp was burn. And I lost part files from v2012. So you need write to Blitzkrieg for full version.
Old 04-10-15, 06:29 AM   #99
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
I send my version 2012 to Blitzkrieg. After it my comp was burn. And I lost part files from v2012. So you need write to Blitzkrieg for full version.
SSS
http://www.mediafire.com/view/34vhaaa334pgk6k/Note.txt
1.Version 2012 has the same problems that prevent LSH3V6 Edition 2014 from being released.
2.We are now testing and try to find the reason for CTD and share LSH3-Team's fate...
3.Follow the thread to see how far we have come: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=146608
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-15, 04:26 AM   #100
areo16
Sonar Guy

Quote:
I've got in contact with him and he was concerned that he didn't have permission to pass it on, from you.

But now that you gave him permission here to pass it on, and it seems he is the only one that has the 2012 version, then I think it would be nice for him to post it here for the public for everyone to download. I'm sure you'd like the 2012 version back too. That is if you are OK with this idea, of course.
Old 04-11-15, 06:42 AM   #101
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by areo16 View Post
I've got in contact with him and he was concerned that he didn't have permission to pass it on, from you.

But now that you gave him permission here to pass it on, and it seems he is the only one that has the 2012 version, then I think it would be nice for him to post it here for the public for everyone to download. I'm sure you'd like the 2012 version back too. That is if you are OK with this idea, of course.
Version 2012 not work - so you can not use v.2012 total.
Old 04-11-15, 07:12 AM   #102
areo16
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Version 2012 not work - so you can not use v.2012 total.
That's fine. If it's released publicly here then I'm sure one of us can figure out what may be wrong with it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it is not the mod, but the limitation of the 32 bit game ram that is causing the ctd. A 32 bit game can be unlocked to 4gb, but it cannot be unlocked to use anymore than that. If the game loads too many units it will crash, irregardless if there is no conflicts between units.

Let's release it and perhaps we can have people test it on different systems and find out for sure.

If it's not released publicly, then I'd still like it. I'll give it a go and see what may be wrong with it. But I think I know what the problem is already.