Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 09-05-06, 02:25 AM   #1
ReM
Commodore

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Default Reloading my tanks

After a very hard and long fight, my tanks are short of their objective and almost out of ammo......luckily i have some HEMTT trucks under my command filled with fuel and ammo.....

Is there any way to transfer these goods from the trucks into my tanks?

Haven't found a way so far.....

Thanks

Old 09-05-06, 06:17 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Get the trucks and the tanks assembled together, on etruck can rearm several tanks. All it needs is:

- tanks are not aware of enemies in the vicinity and are not under fire, or aiming,
- tanks are sitting still
- trucks are sitting still,
- if you want switch off engines, but it is no must.

Space should not be more than 70m or so.
A good way is to have the tanks in wedge formation, marrow spacing, and have a truck in their middle (wetween the outer two wings, and behind the leading to in the centre. another way to go is to form a narrow-spaced column of tanks, and park the trucks in column beside them.

A you can eaasily rearm two platoon with two trucks at the same time, when using one platoon in the lead in wedge, and the other behind it in reverse wedge (V) formation, or using both in column formation.

Replenishment starts automatically, oyu will see a flashing green message in the right bottom corner, or you can see the ammo round counter going up. But - it takes time, and even more so in the abrams which is a pain to reload. Leopard 2s are fastest. both is true also when the gunner is shuffling rounds from the ammo store into the ready rack, again, Leopards take less time her (but swing around their turrets).

If you need to rearm a full set of rounds, it could take several minutes.

Do not jump into the gunner seat when rearming, you can do thta, but do not do any action (scanning) - this would mean the gunner has stopped moving ammunition, and now is scanning instead. Leave the station alone, is best.

Refueling works the same way, but here one truck can only resupply two tanks at the same time. but you will hardly ever need to refuel if the mission does not include already almost empty tanks. Even if you have only 10% fuel left, in most missions I would not worry about that.

The medcal M113 also works in a comparable manner, order him close to a tank with a wounded crew member, and the man will be "repaired", which again costs time, 15 minutes or so. Medevacs are not intentionally fired upon by the enemy. but you cannot abuse them as scout vehicles for their direct control in 3D or following them in outside view is not possible.

whenever you need to repair a broken item (it is repairable when there is a time counter attached to the damage message in the upper right corner), make sure the crew member resonsible for that item is not busy with something else - he will not fix it, then. The abrams commander for example will not reload an empty .50 cal if you stand in the turret and look around with your binoculars, or overriding your gunner on TIS.

Enemy presence the crew is aware of tends to make them getting destracted from all supply and repair operations...
Old 09-05-06, 10:03 AM   #3
ReM
Commodore

Well that about answers my question....

Thanks for your all-inclusive reply Skybird!
Old 09-05-06, 12:05 PM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

That's my ongoing mission - to boldy answer where no question has been asked before!
Old 09-05-06, 02:01 PM   #5
ReM
Commodore

Everything works as advertised.....a Med 113 is now 'repairing' my disabled commander....