SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-11-17, 09:58 AM   #1
SR-71
Watch

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0
Icon8 (Solved) Voice attack in FOTRS

Hello there!

I've created a profile to use Voice attack with SH4 FOTRS. I've made profiles for other games because it's very easy to do and usually runs well.

BUT when I try using it in SH4 it only recognizes the first command i say and no more. Example, I start a mission, then start VA, then say "go to bridge" and it goes, but if I try to do it again it does not, neither any other of the voice commands I say afterwards...

It's not a VA problem, it recons perfectly my voice and VA executes the commands, but they don't run in my game, only the first one. And neither is a problem of keys assignment, because if I press F4 it goes to the bridge, but if I issue the voice command which press F4 only does it once, and no more

I've read some of you are using VA without problems. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot on advance

Last edited by SR-71; 11-11-17 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Solved!
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 10:12 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

What Operating System are you using there SR-71, and what folder do you have your Silent Hunter 4 installed in? What other mods, if any, are you using (those sometimes affect the Commands.cfg)? Ooops! forgot to ask: does the game run fine without the voice commands? Also, big thing: which version of SH4 do you have? v1.3, v1.4 or v1.5 (Uboats), and is it steam, or dvd, or some other download?... A mind is a terrible thing to lose...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 10:37 AM   #3
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Eric Knepfler's SH4Speech works fine. Needs a bit of tunong, especially for since there is no base file set for FOTRS, but it isn't difficult to do. Easy to modify, easy to expand.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 01:56 PM   #4
SR-71
Watch

Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
What Operating System are you using there SR-71, and what folder do you have your Silent Hunter 4 installed in? What other mods, if any, are you using (those sometimes affect the Commands.cfg)? Ooops! forgot to ask: does the game run fine without the voice commands? Also, big thing: which version of SH4 do you have? v1.3, v1.4 or v1.5 (Uboats), and is it steam, or dvd, or some other download?... A mind is a terrible thing to lose...
Hahaha! Let's see... Win10, a steam copy 1.5 which is in the tipycal steamapps/common/Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific/ folder, only using FOTRS mod and yes, it runs perfect even with VA, but does not execute the voice commands.
I think it has nothing to do with the .cfg file, because as said above VA recognizes my voice commands, SH4 responds to keyboard commands BUT it does not run the key commands from VA EXCEPTING the first one. I repeat the sequence:
1- (example) I press F4, it goes to the bridge, right!
2- I start VA, and say, "go to bridge" and yes, it goes to the bridge again, great!
3- I say another command in VA to go somewhere, but it does NOTHING
4- I change to another station via keyboard or mouse, it goes well but
5- I say again "go to the bridge" and now it doesn't run, though VA say the command is recognized and it press the Key but SH4 looks like does not take the VA keys commands any more... SH runs well anyway via mouse/keyboard

I don't know how to be much more accurate because I'm not english native
Old 11-11-17, 02:00 PM   #5
SR-71
Watch

Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Eric Knepfler's SH4Speech works fine. Needs a bit of tunong, especially for since there is no base file set for FOTRS, but it isn't difficult to do. Easy to modify, easy to expand.
Thanks for your answer. I've read about SH4Speech and downloaded it, but after looking in SH4S structure VA looks much easier than modding .csv files, specially because my commands are in spanish, not in english, and I wouldn't like to loose my work in VA, but if SH4S is really simple, perhaps I'll try it. But first i would like to try VA
Old 11-11-17, 03:27 PM   #6
propbeanie

If your Steam is in "C:\Program Files \ Steam...", that may be the issue. You "Add a Library folder" in your computer's Steam app in order to move the SH4 install. If you are NOT in Program Files, I dunno. The Windows 10 part and "speech"... leaves me "speechless". Windows XP was easy for me to understand, then MS brought us "Vista" and User Access Control (UAC) and DRM, and the OS world has not been the same since. Someone more familiar with Win10 will have to help you beyond that.

Old 11-11-17, 03:27 PM   #7
SR-71
Watch

Icon10

SOLVED!!

It was a question about VA keypress timing and SH4 polling. I used the commands "press and release" keys, and SH4 needs bit more pressing time. It must be at least a pressing time of 0,2 seconds to let SH4 recognize the command, so setting "hold for 0,2 seconds" at least before releasing key solved the trouble with all commands. I found tips about it in Voice Attack forums

Hope this info will be of use for somebody
Old 11-11-17, 03:28 PM   #8
SR-71
Watch

Quote:
If your Steam is in "C:\Program Files \ Steam...", that may be the issue. You "Add a Library folder" in your computer's Steam app in order to move the SH4 install. If you are NOT in Program Files, I dunno. The Windows 10 part and "speech"... leaves me "speechless". Windows XP was easy for me to understand, then MS brought us "Vista" and User Access Control (UAC) and DRM, and the OS world has not been the same since. Someone more familiar with Win10 will have to help you beyond that.
Thanks for your answer anyway, as said it was half a VA and SH4 issue
Old 11-11-17, 04:46 PM   #9
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Default VA For FOTRS

Does anyone have a profile for VA with FOTRS to share ?
Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 04:58 PM   #10
SR-71
Watch

Exclamation

Yes, I've just made it, but I think the problem for you is that it's in Spanish language... you should replace the voice commands to english ones
Old 11-12-17, 10:18 AM   #11
propbeanie

Excellent detective work there SR-71!

Old 11-13-17, 03:55 AM   #12
SR-71
Watch

radar

Quote:
Excellent detective work there SR-71!
Thank YOU for your help!! I suppose you are enjoying the great experience of using VA with SH4 too, don't you?