SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-28-08, 05:45 PM   #1
Ronin1975
Sailor man

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default 2 MOD questions

Hi all, I'm still in the twilight zone as far as the MOD'S goes.

I'm playing SH4 with U-boat missions (so it's patched to 1.5)
These are the MODS that I'm playing:

As you can see I'm playing with Trigger Maru Overhaul 1.5b
I did read that Ducimus' TMO doesn't support the german career, only the US career.
If I try to make a german career it wil throw me back to the desktop. I know he made a patch that enables U-boat missions.

Question 1: If I download and install that patch, will it affect my American career?
Can I play a german U-boat career and a American career? Only thing is that the American career has TMO and the German career has NOT. besides that there is no problem of conflicts? Am I correct here?

Question 2: Can I use these MOD'S here ( http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135994 )

Since the are only for teh U-boat Missions I don't think there will be a conflict of any kind with the MODS I have enabled for SH4 1.5 American side. But can someone please tell me for sure?

Question 3: Is “Operation Monsun” (OM) version 200 only for U-boat Missions? So it will not give any conflicts with the MOD'S i already have installed for the American Career?

Well, I hope somebody can help me out here.

Thanks in advance.

Ronin1975

Last edited by Ronin1975; 05-28-08 at 06:00 PM.
Ronin1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 04:55 AM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin1975
Question 1: If I download and install that patch, will it affect my American career?
Can I play a german U-boat career and a American career? Only thing is that the American career has TMO and the German career has NOT. besides that there is no problem of conflicts? Am I correct here?

Question 2: Can I use these MOD'S here ( http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135994 )

Since the are only for teh U-boat Missions I don't think there will be a conflict of any kind with the MODS I have enabled for SH4 1.5 American side. But can someone please tell me for sure?

Question 3: Is “Operation Monsun” (OM) version 200 only for U-boat Missions? So it will not give any conflicts with the MOD'S i already have installed for the American Career?

Thanks in advance.

Ronin1975
Ain't it fun? You've got it right. Presently you're locked out of U-Boats. When you want to play the U-Boat, just load up Ducimus' U-Boat patch and the German voices if you want them. Then you must unload both of those to play American again. They don't affect saved games. TMO doesn't need to be unloaded. It does not affect the U-Boats as long as the U-Boat patch is also loaded. I guess that answers the first two questions.

Operation Monsun only affects the German side of the game and so far as I have been able to detect has no effect whatever on the American side.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 07:07 AM   #3
Ronin1975
Sailor man

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin1975

Thanks in advance.

Ronin1975
Ain't it fun? You've got it right. Presently you're locked out of U-Boats. When you want to play the U-Boat, just load up Ducimus' U-Boat patch and the German voices if you want them. Then you must unload both of those to play American again. They don't affect saved games. TMO doesn't need to be unloaded. It does not affect the U-Boats as long as the U-Boat patch is also loaded. I guess that answers the first two questions.

Operation Monsun only affects the German side of the game and so far as I have been able to detect has no effect whatever on the American side.
It sure is fun . I'm playing this game for a few weeks now and really new to using MOD'S. But i'm reading a lot on these topics and learning a lot as well.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Cheers

Ronin1975 is offline   Reply With Quote