SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-18, 06:32 AM   #1
TiberiusoftheSea
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
SHO A Few Questions Regarding Screenshots...

Greetings.

Looking on the screenshot thread also available on this forum, it looks as though some users have much, much bigger screenshots than what the game allows one to take. I can't figure out how to do this and the use of an external program seems to complicate things (though I'm happy to use one if some one who uses one can point me in the right direction?) Please and thank you.

I'd be interested in knowing if I can change:
- The size of the screenshot,
- The format, i.e from .BMP to .JPG,
- The save location,
- The button used to capture the screenshot.

TiberiusoftheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 08:28 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

If you're just talking about saving screenshots on your own computer, that's easy:

Size: I don't know about yours, but for me the saved size is just fine. Do you want to make it larger or smaller?

Format can be changed quickly and easily using just the Microsoft Paint program that came with the computer. Right-click on the picture and from the menu that pops up select 'Open With' and then 'Paint'. When the MS Paint screen comes up click 'File' then 'Save As'. It will give a list of formats you can save the picture as. Click 'JPEG'. Then exit the Paint screen ad delete the BMP version from the folder.

Location is also easy to change. You can bring up a second window by right-clicking the Start Button in the lower left-hand corner of your screen and selecting 'Windows Explorer'. Then you can drag and drop the folder anywhere you want. Or you can right-click the folder and choose 'Copy', then go to the new location and click 'Save'.

The only way I know of to change the button used to capture the screenshot is to use a program made just for that purpose. A lot of people do that. I never have.
Old 05-06-18, 10:44 AM   #3
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

well I use Ahnerbe wide GUI 1920x1080 and I take screenshots with SH3 no external programs. I post them through this site part.lt

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote