SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-10, 04:11 AM   #16
Ktl_KUrtz
Frogman

Downloads: 800
Uploads: 8

The Very Best!
Thanks a lot!
KUrtz
Old 03-29-10, 06:24 AM   #17
Assprella
Watch

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Salve!

Thanks a lot Sir!
Old 03-29-10, 06:31 AM   #18
bybyx
Ensign

Downloads: 942

Hello Makman.
Let me tell you that this is a awesome mod.
One question I have, an that is: Is it possible to make a stand alone mod with that big chrono that can be used with other gui. I have 2 installs of SH3. One with your mod and another with Karamazovnew. I would like to use that big chrono with Kara's gui.
Thanks!
Old 03-29-10, 06:47 AM   #19
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Downloads: 61

Thanks makman94. The link of Luca's mod is http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159772

I was starting to adapt it, but as I am pretty new to modding I am really slow and not very reliable . On the other hand I was thinking to put bak your Dark env. but keeping the new dials. Time to work a little with Photoshop...
Old 03-29-10, 11:23 AM   #20
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
...do you want me to send you the changes after all ? ...
Please do. PM on the way.
Old 03-29-10, 11:29 AM   #21
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1

Quote:
hi Darkbluesky, you can use the correspoding images from MaGui 2+ if you don't like the rusty panels.it is easy to customize your MaGui as the positions of items is not changed....
I was thinking of doing that very thing. Problem is, I'm not sure which images to swap out. Can you list them?
Old 03-29-10, 08:51 PM   #22
Buck_O
Helmsman

Downloads: 46

Quote:
hi Buck_O,

go to files of ''FM_NI_Fix_for_Magui 3'' and open the commands_en.
find there the [Cmd418] and [Cmd429] and add the red lines like this:

[Cmd418]
Name=DGuns_Update_target
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x22,Cc,"Ctl+PgDn"
Key1=0x22,C,"PgDn"
Key2=0x21,C,"PgUp"

[Cmd429]
Name=AAGuns_Update_target
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x21,Cc,"Ctl+PgUp"

your installation order is:
1.GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
2.FM30_UpDown_final
3.DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
4.FM_NewInterior_V1.0
5.FM_NI_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown
6.MaGui 3
7.FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3 (with the edited by you commands_en)

i didn't test it ,just looked at the files so tell me if it worked

Makman94, it works flawlessly now
Old 03-30-10, 09:26 AM   #23
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybyx View Post
Hello Makman.
Let me tell you that this is a awesome mod.
One question I have, an that is: Is it possible to make a stand alone mod with that big chrono that can be used with other gui. I have 2 installs of SH3. One with your mod and another with Karamazovnew. I would like to use that big chrono with Kara's gui.
Thanks!
no Bybyx....it is impossible to make it as a stand alone mod becuase it uses the menu_ini but what is possible to be done is to make a DIY walkthrough. but don't expect it soon becuase there are other priorities for me right now as to prepare the version for lsh3 v5 and the german versions of MaGui.
in the meantime send over a pm to Kara,as being the author of the gui you are using it will be much faster for him to import it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbluesky View Post
Thanks makman94. The link of Luca's mod is http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159772

I was starting to adapt it, but as I am pretty new to modding I am really slow and not very reliable . On the other hand I was thinking to put bak your Dark env. but keeping the new dials. Time to work a little with Photoshop...
will look at it asap(but don't expect it soon). is this its final version ? if not....better wait
in the meantime try it yourself .here is a thread that will help you: how to make your gui compatible with Flakmonkey & DD's mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Please do. PM on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I was thinking of doing that very thing. Problem is, I'm not sure which images to swap out. Can you list them?
thats very easy to find out Munchausen ! navigate through the files of MaGui 3 and everytime you see an image with rust ....replace it with the correspoding image from bright MaGui 2+ or Dark MaGui 2+

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 03-30-10, 05:42 PM   #24
Munchausen
Commodore

Quote:
thats very easy to find out Munchausen ! navigate through the files of MaGui 3 and everytime you see an image with rust ....replace it with the correspoding image from bright MaGui 2+ or Dark MaGui 2+
And so I did ... this is what I ended up with (some files might not actually be "rusty" ... but, hopefully, I didn't miss any that are):

data\Menu\Data:
  • none
data\Menu\Karamazov:
  • none
data\Menu\MouseCurs:
  • none
data\Menu\U-jagd:
  • none
data\Menu\Gui:
  • AMBack.tga
  • Periscope.tga (same for optional-stopwatch fix)
  • Periscope2.tga
data\Menu\Gui\Layout:
  • manos2.tga
data\Menu\Gui\RecManual:
  • none
data\Menu\Gui\TDC:
  • TDC.tga
data\Menu\OLC:
  • Bottom.tga
  • BottomReversed.tga
  • Console.tga (same for No Stealthmeter fix)
  • Dials.tga
  • manos10.tga
  • ObsScope.tga
  • Officers.tga
  • TDC.tga
  • UZO.tga (same for optional-stopwatch fix)
data\Menu\OLC\Shortcuts:
  • none
Old 03-31-10, 04:18 AM   #25
rea00cy
Loader

Downloads: 337
Default What a wonderful mod

Hey, Markmann:

I must say thanks, VERY,VERY MUCH, your MaGUI mods. I'm relatively new to SH3 -only 6 Mo-but have tried all the supermods and many other smaller mods. How could I missed yours for months? I've been testing your mods-from the original to the latest-including the optionals, reading txt/pdf docs and subsim's fora posts, watching tutorials, actually studying to learn all the marvelous tools included in your mods. I think they are a MUST for a serious, hardcore player-I'm still not in that category-for the historical accuracy and the inmersion level they provide to the player. I'm still learning, a bit confused with so many variants, but above all, ENJOYING IT A LOT!

I've searched but found no answer to this Q: are your mods compatible with DD's conning tower open hatch mod?

Regards,

rea00cy
Old 03-31-10, 07:45 PM   #26
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Re: Widescreen version of Magui...

Quote:
......that needs a lot of time Rick (and not a job to be made by one) and i haven't study yet the changes that must be done at menu_ini
maybe...at the future ....
I've been studying it for days. I'll be glad to help with this effort, since I'm attempting to do this for myself anyway. I've got the viewports nearly corrected for the uzo, obs and attack scope.

The uzo and obs accepted a straight formula (for instance new value for right viewport is (lVal * 1024/1365) + (rVal - lVal)) , but for some reason it didn't work with the attack scope. I've gotten that one close enough to be a single fat line.

The formula did also not work for the deck gun zoom, but I have not even started to look at that. This may take a while, but look at all that room...

(nearly) corrected attack scope

with the conning tower open hatch mod:

It's basically an introduction to modding for me... and still almost everything yet to learn! It probably took me 8 hours to get the red tdc button to go off the screen in the periscope view, lol.

So Makman, if you get the chance, I'll be happy to help, whenever you decide... I'm sure I'll still be working on it when you do. I'm actually surprised nobody has this done already!

Old 03-31-10, 11:47 PM   #27
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
And so I did ... this is what I ended up with (some files might not actually be "rusty" ... but, hopefully, I didn't miss any that are):

data\Menu\Data:
  • none
data\Menu\Karamazov:
  • none
data\Menu\MouseCurs:
  • none
data\Menu\U-jagd:
  • none
data\Menu\Gui:
  • AMBack.tga
  • Periscope.tga (same for optional-stopwatch fix)
  • Periscope2.tga
data\Menu\Gui\Layout:
  • manos2.tga
data\Menu\Gui\RecManual:
  • none
data\Menu\Gui\TDC:
  • TDC.tga
data\Menu\OLC:
  • Bottom.tga
  • BottomReversed.tga
  • Console.tga (same for No Stealthmeter fix)
  • Dials.tga
  • manos10.tga
  • ObsScope.tga
  • Officers.tga
  • TDC.tga
  • UZO.tga (same for optional-stopwatch fix)
data\Menu\OLC\Shortcuts:
  • none
hi Munchausen,
yes...these are the images but not that the TDC.tga (the one that is in data\Menu\Gui\TDC ) can't be replaced by the previous one (you will 'miss' the correct -according to the real one tdc- dials for bearing and aob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea00cy View Post
Hey, Markmann:

I must say thanks, VERY,VERY MUCH, your MaGUI mods. I'm relatively new to SH3 -only 6 Mo-but have tried all the supermods and many other smaller mods. How could I missed yours for months? I've been testing your mods-from the original to the latest-including the optionals, reading txt/pdf docs and subsim's fora posts, watching tutorials, actually studying to learn all the marvelous tools included in your mods. I think they are a MUST for a serious, hardcore player-I'm still not in that category-for the historical accuracy and the inmersion level they provide to the player. I'm still learning, a bit confused with so many variants, but above all, ENJOYING IT A LOT!

I've searched but found no answer to this Q: are your mods compatible with DD's conning tower open hatch mod?

Regards,

rea00cy
hi Rea00cy,

and i must say thank you too ,sir . enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flopper View Post
Re: Widescreen version of Magui...

I've been studying it for days. I'll be glad to help with this effort, since I'm attempting to do this for myself anyway. I've got the viewports nearly corrected for the uzo, obs and attack scope.

The uzo and obs accepted a straight formula (for instance new value for right viewport is (lVal * 1024/1365) + (rVal - lVal)) , but for some reason it didn't work with the attack scope. I've gotten that one close enough to be a single fat line.

The formula did also not work for the deck gun zoom, but I have not even started to look at that. This may take a while, but look at all that room...

It's basically an introduction to modding for me... and still almost everything yet to learn! It probably took me 8 hours to get the red tdc button to go off the screen in the periscope view, lol.

So Makman, if you get the chance, I'll be happy to help, whenever you decide... I'm sure I'll still be working on it when you do. I'm actually surprised nobody has this done already!
hi Flopper,

for the attack peri : your fault is that you didn't notice that the left value is not 0 so you must edit this value also .

the number '1365' that you mentioned is not correct . you must use the 1360 ( this is the number that it is in the dll right ? )

also at uzo...if you edited only the right value this is wrong too (notice that once you enter for first time the uzo is not pointing at zero now...right? )

here is how to adjust the viewport values :

example: at attack peri :

left=0,1230469 that give us 0,1230469x1024=126 pixels.
now, to find the new value you have to divide the pixels by 1360 ,
126/1360=0,092647 <-----this is the new value that you must set at left

right=0,6992188.......0,6992188x1024=716 pixels .....716/1360=0,5264705

so the values for the attack are : left=0,092647
right=0,5264705

you must do this to all viewports that you are looking through an 1024x768 image ( uzo ,obs ,bino ,attack ) .wherever you see the ''1'' at right value you must edit that too replacing it with 0,7529411 (1024/1360=0,7529411) but only at the screen which uses 1024x768 images.

you didn't have to spent your time(although this is good for you to learning moding) trying to 'dissapear' the red button as all these panels will be removed at the new edge of the screen so you have only to edit the menu_ini and just replace the corresponding items .

Flopper,this mod opens new ways in gui designs and if and when there is a MaGui 4 for widescreen will not be the same as MaGui 3.

@ Rubini : i have two problems with the widescreen mod.
1. it doesn't 'full' the monitor ...leaving a pretty big black frame around the game's screen.
2. i have the feeling that in the game's screen [which is 'small' ] the images are a little bit stretched.i can't take a pic to show you what i mean becuase when i look at the pic everything looks normal (no black frame around the game's screen and no stretched images) but it is not so in-game.
is there anything i can do for that ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 04-01-10, 06:38 AM   #28
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:

note3: the version for LSH v5 will be released soon

Hi makman !

Sorry for my question , but "When is soon" ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 04-01-10, 06:55 AM   #29
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Quote:

for the attack peri : your fault is that you didn't notice that the left value is not 0 so you must edit this value also .
I adjusted both left and right values, using a formula approach (I noticed the values had remained unchanged from the original OLC mod) but it was still way off.

Quote:

the number '1365' that you mentioned is not correct . you must use the 1360 ( this is the number that it is in the dll right ? )
This is the number in the dll, correct, but exactly 16:9 is 1365 x 768. Also, I get a CTD if I don't use 1365 for my resolution. I can try the 1360 number and see how that works with the formula.

Quote:

also at uzo...if you edited only the right value this is wrong too (notice that once you enter for first time the uzo is not pointing at zero now...right? )
No, I entered both values and it's perfect. I was not clear in my previous post, and only gave the right value as an example.

Quote:

here is how to adjust the viewport values :

example: at attack peri :

left=0,1230469 that give us 0,1230469x1024=126 pixels.
now, to find the new value you have to divide the pixels by 1360 ,
126/1360=0,092647 <-----this is the new value that you must set at left

right=0,6992188.......0,6992188x1024=716 pixels .....716/1360=0,5264705

so the values for the attack are : left=0,092647
right=0,5264705
Perhaps it's my hardware, but using these values for the attack scope puts the "center" at quite a few degrees to port. The values I have now are left=0.1375 and right=0.4795.

Quote:
Flopper,this mod opens new ways in gui designs and if and when there is a MaGui 4 for widescreen will not be the same as MaGui 3.
Yes, I'm sure, but I must have magui on widescreen, and can't wait! Also, as you mentioned, just for the experience.

Quote:

@ Rubini : i have two problems with the widescreen mod.
1. it doesn't 'full' the monitor ...leaving a pretty big black frame around the game's screen.
2. i have the feeling that in the game's screen [which is 'small' ] the images are a little bit stretched.i can't take a pic to show you what i mean becuase when i look at the pic everything looks normal (no black frame around the game's screen and no stretched images) but it is not so in-game.
is there anything i can do for that ?
If you are using nVidia, you'll need to use nVidia scaling to fill the screen. There is a problem with some ATI cards I believe where the images get streched, but vertically (egg shaped).

Old 04-01-10, 12:50 PM   #30
Munchausen
Commodore

Quote:
hi Munchausen,
yes...these are the images but not that the TDC.tga (the one that is in data\Menu\Gui\TDC ) can't be replaced by the previous one (you will 'miss' the correct -according to the real one tdc- dials for bearing and aob)
Thanks for the correction, Makman. I'll put that one (version 3) TDC file back where it belongs.
Closed Thread