SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-20, 03:22 AM   #4051
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
I remembered that people would just rename the resupply ships with like U-belchen. Then it would act like resupply u-boat

Does this also work for bases, e.g., Bergen => U-Bergen?
Old 03-22-20, 08:53 PM   #4052
shadow_wxh
Soundman

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1
Exclamation

Tested on WAC5.2 currently these mode option either incompatiable or faulty:

Hsie Mod:
Periscope fix (blurrs the free camera as well)
Torpedo fix (anything above -5m is certain to fail)
Bad Weather fix (weather does not improve)

Stiebler Mod:
CAM-Ship (No Aircraft fly-off CAM ship)
Air Torpedo (WAC has Air Topedo Included)
Turm Fix (WAC has Turm Radar Included)

This doesnt mean the MOD itself is wrong but people should be cautious when selectiong these options.
shadow_wxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 09:00 PM   #4053
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_wxh View Post
Tested on WAC5.2 currently these mode option either incompatiable or faulty:

Hsie Mod:
Periscope fix (blurrs the free camera as well)
Torpedo fix (anything above -5m is certain to fail)
Bad Weather fix (weather does not improve)

Stiebler Mod:
CAM-Ship (No Aircraft fly-off CAM ship)
Air Torpedo (WAC has Air Topedo Included)
Turm Fix (WAC has Turm Radar Included)

This doesnt mean the MOD itself is wrong but people should be cautious when selectiong these options.

I'm not following your post completely, but regarding the cam ship option, if you don't have all the necessary files put into WAC, it won't work even if the option is checked.

You need both the files and the option checked. Unless WAC already has the files ?
Old 03-23-20, 06:32 PM   #4054
shadow_wxh
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
I'm not following your post completely, but regarding the cam ship option, if you don't have all the necessary files put into WAC, it won't work even if the option is checked.

You need both the files and the option checked. Unless WAC already has the files ?
Hmm what files are you refering to? Files included in H.sie mod already or it's actually requires another CAM-Ship MOD?
Old 03-23-20, 07:00 PM   #4055
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Hmm what files are you refering to? Files included in H.sie mod already or it's actually requires another CAM-Ship MOD?

It requires various files to have the cam ship work in the game. The option checked in Stiebler's (not H.sie's) patch won't work without them and it usually would cause a ctd in the game or game won't start if the option is checked but the files aren't present or modded incorrectly.

These are found in Stieber's patch files :

1. the cam Hurricane aircraft, which is a modded version of the stock Hurricane, which goes in the "air" folder of the game.

2. The files for the M36B ship for the "sea" folder of the game.

3. The modded cfg files for the Hurricane and the M36b ship for the "roster" folder of the game.

Stieber's patch is required to have the cam ship function. I think you have it installed via your earlier post ?
If so, check to make sure all the files from it listed above are in your game, and also read his cam ship instructions in his patch, specifically making sure the M36B ship is changed to a "type 8" vs. a "type 102" ship in the cfg files.

Very easy process.
Old 03-24-20, 12:31 AM   #4056
shadow_wxh
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
It requires various files to have the cam ship work in the game. The option checked in Stiebler's (not H.sie's) patch won't work without them and it usually would cause a ctd in the game or game won't start if the option is checked but the files aren't present or modded incorrectly.

These are found in Stieber's patch files :

1. the cam Hurricane aircraft, which is a modded version of the stock Hurricane, which goes in the "air" folder of the game.

2. The files for the M36B ship for the "sea" folder of the game.

3. The modded cfg files for the Hurricane and the M36b ship for the "roster" folder of the game.

Stieber's patch is required to have the cam ship function. I think you have it installed via your earlier post ?
If so, check to make sure all the files from it listed above are in your game, and also read his cam ship instructions in his patch, specifically making sure the M36B ship is changed to a "type 8" vs. a "type 102" ship in the cfg files.

Very easy process.
I am pretty sure I done exactly all that.Anyone can do a seprate test under WAC5.2 I would like to know.
Old 03-24-20, 05:09 AM   #4057
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I am pretty sure I done exactly all that.Anyone can do a seprate test under WAC5.2 I would like to know.
Ok, may be something peculiar to WAC that is the problem then.
Old 03-24-20, 11:00 AM   #4058
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

Quote:
I was not able to get the CAM ship mod to work in either GWX or WAC 5.2. It is a CTD when enabled. I too, followed everything to the letter but no joy. I really feel it is a combination of things in the supermods outside of NYGM that become problematic and possibly not compatible with some system setups. It is not a game breaker if the mod does not work for me.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 11:12 AM   #4059
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
I was not able to get the CAM ship mod to work in either GWX or WAC 5.2. It is a CTD when enabled. I too, followed everything to the letter but no joy. I really feel it is a combination of things in the supermods outside of NYGM that become problematic and possibly not compatible with some system setups. It is not a game breaker if the mod does not work for me.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Strange; I've had it work in GWX, stock, and a Rub install. However one other thing I forgot to mention; I added the cam ship info. to the same convoy spots in the above .rnd files as it's found in the NYGM .rnd file.

Just copied one instance of it in NYGM (they're all the same, total of 12 I think) and then just pasted that info. per above.
Old 03-24-20, 11:35 AM   #4060
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Instructions_Stiebler4B
CAM-ship mod

Iambecomelife (IABL) created two or more CAM (catapult-merchant) ships for his well known
Merchant Ship mod. The earliest release, M36B, is stable, and incorporated with the major supermods,
including NYGM and GWX. More recent releases include IABL’s M21B and T14B. The ships
must be included within campaign_RND.mis or single-mission files as warships (UnitType=8) if they
are to fly off aircraft. Note that the original SH3 did NOT include any CAM ships, and therefore,
naturally, the devs made no provision for code for them.
The problem with the warship CAM-ships is that they continue to attack your U-boat when within
range, time and time again. In real-life, the CAM-ship carried ONE Hurricane fighter-bomber, which
was catapulted off the deck of the ship, and had to be abandoned when it ran out of fuel. Just one
suicide mission (for the aircraft, the pilot was rescued when he landed on the sea next to the CAMship).
The purpose of this mod is to reduce the number of aircraft flying from a CAM-ship (usually one),
after each flight over the U-boat. Thus the CAM-Ship aircraft will not keep attacking the U-boat.
It is necessary to add a new aircraft “CAMHurricane” to the Data\Air folder, and to the
Data\Roster\British\Air folder. The CAM-ship should contain “CAMHurricane” for the aircraft in its
Old 03-24-20, 11:38 AM   #4061
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Instructions_Stiebler4B
CAM-ship mod

Iambecomelife (IABL) created two or more CAM (catapult-merchant) ships for his well known
Merchant Ship mod. The earliest release, M36B, is stable, and incorporated with the major supermods,
including NYGM and GWX. More recent releases include IABL’s M21B and T14B. The ships
must be included within campaign_RND.mis or single-mission files as warships (UnitType=8) if they
are to fly off aircraft. Note that the original SH3 did NOT include any CAM ships, and therefore,
naturally, the devs made no provision for code for them.
The problem with the warship CAM-ships is that they continue to attack your U-boat when within
range, time and time again. In real-life, the CAM-ship carried ONE Hurricane fighter-bomber, which
was catapulted off the deck of the ship, and had to be abandoned when it ran out of fuel. Just one
suicide mission (for the aircraft, the pilot was rescued when he landed on the sea next to the CAMship).
The purpose of this mod is to reduce the number of aircraft flying from a CAM-ship (usually one),
after each flight over the U-boat. Thus the CAM-Ship aircraft will not keep attacking the U-boat.
It is necessary to add a new aircraft “CAMHurricane” to the Data\Air folder, and to the
Data\Roster\British\Air folder. The CAM-ship should contain “CAMHurricane” for the aircraft in its

I'd bet that is the most common install error done........or not done as it were.
Old 03-24-20, 11:46 AM   #4062
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

M36B.CFG

[Unit]
ClassName=M36B
UnitType=8
MaxSpeed=13
Length=147
Width=18.1
Mast=30.1
Draft=6.9
Displacement=6850
RenownAwarded=260

[2DCompartments]
UnitPos=56,8,403,20
NbOfComp=4
Name1=Propulsion
Area1=58,5,30,18
Name2=Keel
Area2=164,2,187,10
Name3=Engines Room
Area3=207,13,52,18
Name4=Fuel Bunkers
Area4=261,13,30,18

[AirGroup 1]
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231
Squadron1Class=FBHurricaneMk1
Squadron1No=1
Old 03-24-20, 12:20 PM   #4063
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Anvar1061,

Thanks, but I did all of that. Even the big red letter change you noted.

What ever it is, prevents the mod from running without CTD, at least on my machine. It only works in NYGM.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 03-24-20, 12:36 PM   #4064
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
Anvar1061,

Thanks, but I did all of that. Even the big red letter change you noted.

What ever it is, prevents the mod from running without CTD, at least on my machine. It only works in NYGM.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295
"and
data\campaigns\campaign\campaign_RND.mis (change ‘Type=102’ to ‘Type=8’ in the campaign
file; you may need to check campaign_SCR.mis also.)"
Old 03-24-20, 01:06 PM   #4065
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
"and
data\campaigns\campaign\campaign_RND.mis (change ‘Type=102’ to ‘Type=8’ in the campaign
file; you may need to check campaign_SCR.mis also.)"
Even checked that my friend. As I said before it is not a game breaker for me if it works or not. I did fine without the CAM ship mod before and have spent more time on this then I care to think about.

But again, Thank you, maybe some one else can benefit from your advice.
Good hunting,
FUBAR2945