Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-18, 11:50 AM   #1
conura
Swabbie

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default I can't find any ships - how to improve

Hey all,

I'm playing the sim with TWOS mod and real navigation on (though I'm still sort of cheating as I use the navigator to tell me where I am using celestial and dead reckoning based navigation!).

So I'm on the first mission where I am supposed to attack shipping in Danzig Bay with the secondary mission of intercepting and reporting the polish taskforce. I just can't seem to find anything except the odd enemy destroyer (which I hide from rather than engage).

I'm running around fairly randomly just diving and listening on the hydrophone, but my route is pretty arbitrary. I've noticed there's maps with shipping routes, but none of them pass through the area I am in.

Advice appreciated
conura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 12:59 PM   #2
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Go and stand by the Danzig bay entrance... or near the north cape of this Danzig bay. There are few Polish merchants coming in or sailing out
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 10:47 PM   #3
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by conura View Post
Hey all,

I'm playing the sim with TWOS mod and real navigation on (though I'm still sort of cheating as I use the navigator to tell me where I am using celestial and dead reckoning based navigation!).

So I'm on the first mission where I am supposed to attack shipping in Danzig Bay with the secondary mission of intercepting and reporting the polish taskforce. I just can't seem to find anything except the odd enemy destroyer (which I hide from rather than engage).

I'm running around fairly randomly just diving and listening on the hydrophone, but my route is pretty arbitrary. I've noticed there's maps with shipping routes, but none of them pass through the area I am in.

Advice appreciated

one word hydrohunt and using kuiklegs method of finding target's , it works

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...light=kuikuegs

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 03:53 AM   #4
conura
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

Thank you very much for the information - as soon as I went there I found and destroyed a destroyer and a commercial vessel. Hydrohunting works great!

I have a question about the port proximity. If you sail directly into the port area (there are 3 surrounding ports) nothing was there. I stayed there a full 24 hours. I was in range of the shore and could see the port from the sub. Then I remembered reading (I think) that you shouldn’t go to the ports because vehicles won’t spawn. Did I make this up?

Is there a range to be from them where they will spawn?

Thanks again
conura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-19, 10:48 AM   #5
Major Sunscreen
Swabbie

Downloads: 28

I may be late with this reply.
Re the task force, you need to shadow them and send contact reporys once your crew tell you they have the task force in sight and that the contact report is ready. If you do this before the war starts then just maintain contact and then save once war starts. Then reload the save and it should work.

Not sure about ship spawning but im curious about this too.

Save you ships log as a distinct save- in my case i save it as u-32. When you load up each game load the log as well. Dont fill it with lots of useless course info, write your own entries about events, your intentions etc. Then when you load up its easier to pick up whete you left off.

When shadowing and once you have the contact report sent, stick around as the luftwaffe will likely respond to your contact teport. Investigate afterwards and you may have surface debris to report for your war log.

This way of doing things means you can run recce of enemy coasts etc and then reread your now much condenced and much more relevant log.
Major Sunscreen is offline   Reply With Quote