SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-29-09, 12:10 AM   #16
Saturnalia
Mate

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Yes!!! Experience plus locking up the antifreeze works just about every time. The key is to survive long enough for the experience to help you.

Many rookie boats were sunk in the Bay of Biscay without having fired a single torpedo.
Well, that's what they get for drinking the antifreeze and huffing seagulls.
Saturnalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-09, 01:14 AM   #17
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

so actualy where are you...

@ Welcome to subsim david dutch.
Old 08-27-09, 06:06 PM   #18
green_abobo
Sparky

Downloads: 50

rule number 1. dont screw around with planes on O.M., they are vicious.sure they might miss you the first time,don't press your luck.

the solution,dont go through shallow areas,especially near enemy ports. try to plan your route to deeper waters only. if your crew does spot aircraft,all ahead flank,and crash dive to at least 40+ meters. ( i prefer more like 60 meters). when deep enough,all stop and make like a bubble in the water, and just time compress until night when it's much safer to be surfaced.

if you must go through shallow areas near land,do so only at night when the planes aren't out scouting as much.

the sneaky thing with planes too, i noticed, is they're vengeful. if you just killed a contact in an area,there's bound to be a patrol through there very soon. kill and g.t.f.o. of there. or do the above until night when it should be safer.

later on in the campaign,you receive dive command officers with passive abilities to help you dive faster, (i noticed mine appeared after i went up in rank) and reduce flooding,which will certainly help you out too. (they need to be in the control room for the ability to be active)

hope this helps.

green_abobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 08:32 PM   #19
renthewog
Helmsman

Downloads: 213

Yesterday i was playing OPMonsoon, in a VII boat i think it was, in the '39 career..and i was in rough seas trying to dive to evade an aircraft swooping me over n over again, and it took forever to dive! i was wondering if it might have been a glitch with the mod, or if its just THAT realistic, you dont dive as quick because of the bow and stern planes are boucing up out of the water it can barely pull the sub down under water..i had all crew at battle stations, and we were sitting there for ages trying to dive when i keep giving command "crash dive" "dive" and "periscope depth" or just simply choose a depth on the depth meter..nothing happend for ages..
renthewog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-09, 01:29 PM   #20
Wijbrandus
Loader

Downloads: 101

I've noticed that I have much better dive times when I put my crew at "all hands" before I hit the crash dive.

That said, diving in rough water is a bitch.
Wijbrandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-09, 03:08 PM   #21
Morpheus
Ensign

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wijbrandus View Post
I've noticed that I have much better dive times when I put my crew at "all hands" before I hit the crash dive.

That said, diving in rough water is a bitch.
gives me the idea that a crashdive should acitvate general quarters automatically!

Will make a post in the sh5 section

cheers morph
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote