SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-10, 09:53 PM   #1
rada660
Watch

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0
I need help for something

hello there i would need help or someone could tell me something :

i got the mod for a playable ship which is USA_Iowa but i noticed something and i dont know how to fix it or something to make to make the fix, i would do an AA fix to the Iowa ill post 2 screenshot about it

here the screenshot of the Iowa when playing with it

as you can see in the black circle there is supposly 4 AA gun place, but there only one

here the screenshot in the S3D about it

as you can see the selected dot is the AA gun I can see in game, what about the 3 other?

i check the 4 object and i see no difference between them 4, but still 3 of them are missing

there is like 61 node only for the AA but its seem only like 20ish are showing

its like that all around the ship, and i would want the full AA capacity of the ship, but its here im blocked, how to fix it?
rada660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 11:23 PM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rada660 View Post
hello there i would need help or someone could tell me something :

i got the mod for a playable ship which is USA_Iowa but i noticed something and i dont know how to fix it or something to make to make the fix, i would do an AA fix to the Iowa ill post 2 screenshot about it

here the screenshot of the Iowa when playing with it

as you can see in the black circle there is supposly 4 AA gun place, but there only one

here the screenshot in the S3D about it

as you can see the selected dot is the AA gun I can see in game, what about the 3 other?
Rada,

1. You are posting in the mission designers forum, not much traffic in here.

2. Too many AA guns slow the graphics down, that is why they did not put ALL the guns on any of the ships.

3. The Node is in the .dat file like your picture but the gun that goes into that slot is in the Iowa.eqp file. There are 61 A nodes for AA guns. Here is a sample of the Iowa.eqp file. This is from the non-playable Iowa but it works the same way, but whoever built the ship may have used different guns, so you may see different information.

[Equipment 32]
NodeName=A07
LinkName=20mm_Double_base_US
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

A07 which is cfg#A07 in S3D has a 20mm_Double_base_US gun on it.

[Equipment 33]
NodeName=A08
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

A08 which is cfg#A08 in S3D does not have a gun on it because "Linkname" is set to NULL.

[Equipment 69]
NodeName=A16
LinkName=40mm_Single_base_US
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

A16 has a Single 40mm.

Not all the guns are the same, some are single and some are double. Some are 20mm, some are 40mm. You can decide what you want in each place. Any of them that say NULL do not have a gun in that spot.

So you can add the guns in the Iowa.eqp file in the submarine folder. Do NOT do this while the MOD is enabled. Uninstall the MOD using JSGME and add the guns, then enable it again.

NOTE: A01 and A02 (and sometimes A03) are the playable guns and can not be changed the same way. So until you learn how, you should not change A01, A02 and A03.

Do not change the [Equipment 69] numbers, if you delete any, you need to renumber the file.

You will also need to check to see if there is an Obj_Turret in the iowa.sim file for the guns you add. It tells where the gun can fire, or how far it can rotate so it does not shoot into the ship.
Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 06-11-10 at 11:37 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 11:25 PM   #3
rada660
Watch

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0

many thx, and where i could find a simple list of AA anme? so i can put name i want pretty fast?

well after a fast thought ( lol )
im guessing its all the same scheem?

like:

"caliber"_"how many gun"_base_US

by caliber its : either 20mm or 40mm

and " how many gun" its either Single or Double?

if its that well its easier than i expect lol, and i didnt know this forum as a low traffic :P wonder where i should have put it
rada660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 11:58 PM   #4
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rada660 View Post
many thx, and where i could find a simple list of AA anme? so i can put name i want pretty fast?

well after a fast thought ( lol )
im guessing its all the same scheem?

like:

"caliber"_"how many gun"_base_US

by caliber its : either 20mm or 40mm

and " how many gun" its either Single or Double?

if its that well its easier than i expect lol, and i didnt know this forum as a low traffic :P wonder where i should have put it
Rada,

You should ask in the MODs forum, this one is specific to writing single missions and patrols. And there are not very many people doing that right now.

NO the gun is not named like that. It has a specific name in the library/shipparts/guns_Radars.dat. (there are 3 files 01,02 and 03.) but you should be able to get the guns names you need right in the Iowa.eqp file, just copy/paste them. The stock Iowa uses:

20mm_Single_base_US
20mm_Double_base_US
40mm_Single_base_US

You should not need anything else. If you do want something else, just open the guns_radars.dat with S3D and copy the name of the gun from there, it must match exactly. Some guns are named the same as the ones above, some are not. I think the 40mm double is named like those but you should check it if you want to use it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote