SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-21-08, 04:48 PM   #1
cgrimes
Watch

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 0
Default Top Ten US Navy Submarine Captains Missions

I have updated the links to Top Ten US Navy Submarine Captains in WW2 By Number of Confirmed Ships and tonnage Sunk missions files for download:

http://www.box.net/shared/3d8702f8xz

Ace01_OKane
Ace02_Cutter
Ace03_Morton
Ace04_Fluckey
Ace05_Dealey
Ace06_Whitaker
Ace07_Underwood
Ace08_Gross
Ace09_Triebel
Ace10_Coyle

Installation:
These files are v1.4 & JSGME ready. If you wish to install them manually, just copy them into your SH4 folder:
...\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\SinglePatrols

Note: Unlike SH3, SH4's Mission Editor does not allow one to specify the exact name of sub used in a mission, but does allow for sub type and date of entry. So you will get a random name when you start each mission, but at least you will have the right sub type and it's correct configuration for the mission date.

Links I used for most of the historical data:

http://uboat.net/allies/warships/
http://en.wikipedia.org/
http://ahoy.tk-jk.net/macslog/TopTen...arineCapt.html
http://www.valoratsea.com/skippers.htm
http://www.navsource.org/archives/subidx.htm

I hope you all enjoy these missions and any comments and corrections will be appreciated.
-Cgrimes
cgrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 04:50 PM   #2
Mush Martin
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 4

Nice work I will give it a look asp

MM

Tutorial
Mush Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 08:29 AM   #3
indy
Helmsman

Downloads: 883
Default Top Ten

Hello cgrimes,
Thanks a lot for the missions, I just found them, there great hope to see more!
indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 10:23 AM   #4
Sub Sailor
Commander

Downloads: 66
Default SH4 1.5 U-Boat Missions and TMO 1.7

Will your missions work with the above set-up? I believe the answer will be no, but I wanted to check.
It appears you put in a lot of work and you built around the most successful Captains. If I can't run them you still rate a hearty B/Z for a job well done.

Thank you,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Sub Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 10:53 AM   #5
cgrimes
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Sailor View Post
Will your missions work with the above set-up? I believe the answer will be no, but I wanted to check.
It appears you put in a lot of work and you built around the most successful Captains. If I can't run them you still rate a hearty B/Z for a job well done.

Thank you,

Above setup? Please specify. I made these with WOP ver 1.4

cg
Old 08-15-09, 11:53 AM   #6
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrimes View Post

Note: Unlike SH3, SH4's Mission Editor does not allow one to specify the exact name of sub used in a mission, but does allow for sub type and date of entry. So you will get a random name when you start each mission, but at least you will have the right sub type and it's correct configuration for the mission date.

-Cgrimes
I will give them a try. I have 1.5 but the first one I tried worked so maybe they all will.
One thought that may work. Since you have made these missions as a MOD you could add folders for "Roster/American/Submarine/subname.cfg and only leave one name in the cfg file.

For Example the Balao.cfg. there are 116 Units, so if you wanted the Tang delete all but the Tang. Change the Unit to Unit 1 and it should have to pick that one. You would have to do this for each Captain and it would only work as a MOD. If someone wanted to put the missions into his folder permanently I'm sure he wouldn't want to add that part. But I think it would work for a mission enabled as a MOD.

[Unit 1]
Name=USS Tang
DOC=19431015
DOD=19441024

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 01:47 PM   #7
Sub Sailor
Commander

Downloads: 66
Default Set Up

SH4 fully patched, U-Boat Missions 1.5, TMO 1.7, sorry I was not thinking when I put this is the Subject line.

Sub Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-09, 10:07 AM   #8
cgrimes
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
I will give them a try. I have 1.5 but the first one I tried worked so maybe they all will.
One thought that may work. Since you have made these missions as a MOD you could add folders for "Roster/American/Submarine/subname.cfg and only leave one name in the cfg file.

For Example the Balao.cfg. there are 116 Units, so if you wanted the Tang delete all but the Tang. Change the Unit to Unit 1 and it should have to pick that one. You would have to do this for each Captain and it would only work as a MOD. If someone wanted to put the missions into his folder permanently I'm sure he wouldn't want to add that part. But I think it would work for a mission enabled as a MOD.

[Unit 1]
Name=USS Tang
DOC=19431015
DOD=19441024

Peabody
Thx for the info Peabody... I can see this working if you used JSGME to use these missions. One would then have to disable the mod if you wanted to play other missions.

cg
Old 08-16-09, 01:37 PM   #9
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrimes View Post
Thx for the info Peabody... I can see this working if you used JSGME to use these missions. One would then have to disable the mod if you wanted to play other missions.

cg
You would have to double check the mission dates with the sub dates in case you happen to have a captain that commanded different subs during his career. But if you want to play an historical mission, it would give you a way to have the correct sub.
It would probably be a pain to have to quit the game to disable the mod so you could play something else.
Also, might be a good idea to put in a 'readme' in case someone wants to put the missions in permanetly, don't put the Roster file in, just put in the single mission folder.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote