SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-08, 05:34 PM   #31
MaciejK
Torpedoman

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0

could someone post a few screenies?
Old 05-02-08, 02:47 AM   #32
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciejK
could someone post a few screenies?
Here you go:

Kind regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 03:25 PM   #33
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Downloads: 45
Default Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Hi LordNeuro, I have to say, your english is unique, but really cool
What too say i do my best.:rotfl:
Old 05-02-08, 04:46 PM   #34
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Any ideas how this will work with OLCE2 or The Waterstream mod!

This compabilities questions are getting the best of me!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 04:42 AM   #35
asanovic7
Captain

Default REPORT

Hello to all!
First of all, my new update is ready and waiting to be transfered. But.. Always there is a but. I apologize to everybody, but my new release I'll upload tomorrow, because my home net connection really sucks, it would take for ages, I'm so sorry for that.
In new update I fixed the smokes, I even fixed one issue about the smokes I didn't notice before in the "original" effects mod, I hope.
I added those secondary explosions, everything works perfect, or I would hope so. You never can be really shure.
I didn't touch the torpedo trails because my main focus were the smokes and explosions.
I didn't touch the bubbles when stuff hits the surface from the sinking ship, cause when I do that oil spots become "original" purple, so FOR NOW it stays that way!
These two bugs are not so noticeable!
As I said, I apologize, I will upload new files tomorrow! I think you will like the new release.
I'm dealing with the real live ship sounds. They work perfectly with the old rb's files(ofcourse on updated GWX 2.1 eqp files), but as for the new ships, I have to grasp their new coordinates. I hope I will deal with that. Any help is appreaciated!

Ok, now for the replies, suddenly I realized not so much replies..
Kidding!

To:
- a67INTRUDER - I will check on that release, not for now cause as I said this connection s...s. I think you will like this one from me.
The question I have to ask, cause I don't remember anymore, so much testing and cussing, like it was ages ago, are you posting screenis from me or from dkrueger?
- maciejk - wait a bit, I will post screenies.
- myxale - I will answer to that when I test some things. But, for waterstream IMO this is compatible since it has waterspray image, but I didn't check new updates for waterstream so I will see to it tomorrow! As for OLC'S, he did changes to bubbles and smokes not so noticable in the night. It's a great change, but as for me I will ignore that cause his mod is too great. Now, in the future, maybe he will like my update so we will make it compatible.

CHEERS!!!
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 06:33 AM   #36
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

[
To:
- a67INTRUDER - I will check on that release, not for now cause as I said this connection s...s. I think you will like this one from me.
The question I have to ask, cause I don't remember anymore, so much testing and cussing, like it was ages ago, are you posting screenis from me or from dkrueger?

CHEERS!!![/quote]

Hi,
of course with your Mod. The main diffrence could you see here:

The smoke do not go straight away. It seems to be "windaffected"
Kind regards

PS: Btw i found out that planes who I shot down release red flares!!??
Old 05-04-08, 06:39 AM   #37
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale

I use both mods as you could see on my first screeny above, and i did not have any problems until now. First OLC and then Effects.
Kind regards
Old 05-04-08, 07:11 AM   #38
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

the swimming sailor effect is simply fantastic ...when I saw it this morning I cannot believe my eyes!

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 08:08 AM   #39
Myxale
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6Intruder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale

I use both mods as you could see on my first screeny above, and i did not have any problems until now. First OLC and then Effects.
Kind regards
Ta mate! Will give it a go!

Yup! Works like a charm! Now i have Exhaust smoke/waterstream/Lifeboats/and Effects and it works! yay!
(all unforseen conseqences aside!)

Last edited by Myxale; 05-04-08 at 12:48 PM.
Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 04:51 AM   #40
asanovic7
Captain

Default picies

Here are some other pics from the new release! Some are taken with OLC UBERMOD 1.8, some wth original GWX 2.1.
With some I will add explanation! On some you can check out the secondary explosions, don't surprise when you hear one.

Picture 1. What explanation you need? When ship moves SMOKES move opposite to ships direction. Like it was in the first release!

2. Now this smoke looks fanatastic, but.. Try it, then judge!

3. Here is a start of the wind talks! I saw the pic from d.krueger today and as I tested last night some wind effects it is as I suspected. If I understood everything correctly(SOME WITH MORE experience cut me off, please!), you can change wind effects in particle generators only one way. To move it on x, y, z axis. Now x is in the direction of the ship, y is up, z is to the left of the ship. You want it to move on x and z axis and some small y. Now, I tried those with added 0,1 to x and z and the effect is like on the shown pic by the a6intruder, it seems as the smoke is leaning. Now the trouble is I felt silly to witness the same thing when wind was blowing to opposite direction.. And some other direction. AS a matter a fact, the smokes were just leaning no matter the wind in the same direction. If you want and if my tester suggestors want it, adding that is easy. But I left it this way, cause it's the same thing, it just leans to same direction. This one leans upwards

4. But it looks fine, don't you think?

5. Comparing OLC and GWX?

6. Night fires

7. More night fires. You can see secondary explosions..
Don't tell me these colours look wrong.

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-06-08 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-05-08, 04:58 AM   #41
asanovic7
Captain

Default Compatibility issues

You've seen this mod with OLC UBERMOD 1.8.
Here is a pic where you will see(if any) differences. NOTE!!! I'm comparing smokes, bubbles and any other effects. I don't compare scenery(8 or 16 km, water reflections or s..t like that that are changed and/or, whatever you think improved by OLCE2 IN UBERMOD 1.8). I saw now 2.02 or something like that , sorry, I don't know exact number, it seems this is for now compatible with everything olc is throwing day by day. That guy released so many versions, amost as most I sank ships for testing. Cheers to him!
This is original OLC:

This is Rb's:

The difference is in funnel smokes!
I said it and I'll say it again, I didn't touch anything but the smokes and I can prove it. I remember last time with rubini, this time I didn't do it!
So, this means they are pretty compatible, don't you think, but OLC is the man to ask, really. I know I don't mind it, I will and am playing with his beautiful mod.
Next!

Guess what this is! That object near the lifeboat, is that uboatssy?

As for this. This comes with a question. The difference in sim files between waterstream v4 and GWX 2.1.. Not only the ranges are different in v4 and GWX 2.1, so are the draught values. Can someone please tell the truth? Other than that, you can see this mod is compatible to waterstream 100%.

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-05-08 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-05-08, 05:01 AM   #42
asanovic7
Captain

Default I couldn't resist

Question for you.
What is wrong on this picture?
Old 05-05-08, 05:10 AM   #43
asanovic7
Captain

Default one more thing

lord neuro serbia - You could send me pm, I don't understand you . But I understood that part about not wanting harm. I just wanted to state that those things are not for this forums
A6intruder - you are great! Thanks for replying and suggesting. But, fires do look good. What is the controller for fires? I think that is what you asked. It's in particle.dat. Fire big and small. Try it, compare. That's right! First olc, then this mod!
To everybody. This is second release. That means for test. If you feel smoke is too thick, I can disect it into smaller more wind affected smoke(like I explained), but first check this out.
Cheers!
Old 05-05-08, 06:22 AM   #44
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

@asanovic7 D/L now can't wait to get back in port to install this latest version. Thanks muchly for not letting this mod die, kudos shipmate

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 06:42 AM   #45
rod_oil
Shore leave

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7
Question for you.
What is wrong on this picture?
Is wrong in this scrsht is der shoene Adolf?

asanovic7, thank you for the mod, sir!

And I also remember Croatia national football team in France'98. What was the team!!! Davor Shuker, Robert Prosinecki, Aljosha Asanovic etc.
rod_oil is offline   Reply With Quote