SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-06-09, 11:44 PM   #796
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapt0r View Post
I'm tested it now, started an test campaign: 1942, St Nazaire, VIIC, PQ:AM 29. But while lokking on the map, i'm started somewhere at south afrika in Golf von ... Is this Problem known? I had'nt it never before.
Did you install WAC 4.1 over an existing career. If I remember correctly, you probably showed up in the FF region along the equator.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 11:50 PM   #797
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Quote:
There you go: http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru...hp?topic=271.0

works fine for me, no Errors.
I noticed the previous links were downloading at 70kb/s. Now I have almost 300kb/s.
Old 10-07-09, 05:30 AM   #798
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

hey han.

really nice!!! cant wait for the version 4.1 for vista. i really love the details in your mod. such as the village i made, your vegetation, the new landunits...new harbours...this all makes extremly nice atmosphere.

thx a lot!

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 06:05 AM   #799
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddley3 View Post
I noticed the previous links were downloading at 70kb/s. Now I have almost 300kb/s.
I'm so glad for you that silenthuntermods.com was able to finally bring this mod to you at such a great speed after all your sufferings of trying the other sites.
Please watch our site for even more SH3 additions coming soon.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 06:10 AM   #800
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

And to add to that, all 3 files were successfully downloaded, and the extraction was a success as well. Now to see what she does in game
Old 10-07-09, 06:38 AM   #801
Ritmeister
Seaman

Downloads: 111

Can anyone confirm that this version will run under Vista 64? I seem to rember back in the thread that it would. I'm thinking it's mostly about memory allocation issues with Vista32.
Ritmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 07:18 AM   #802
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmeister View Post
Can anyone confirm that this version will run under Vista 64? I seem to rember back in the thread that it would. I'm thinking it's mostly about memory allocation issues with Vista32.
I tried the XP version myself with vista64 and it didn´t work... I was very surprised that the Xp version works with windows7... so.. for vista version you have to wait 2-3 days until beta test can start. but be aware.. the vista version will miss some features.
Old 10-07-09, 07:37 AM   #803
ridgewayranger
Frogman

Downloads: 281

Hi Everyone,
Thanks to all who contributed to getting this mod up and running. It was a pleasure to D/L from SHMF. It's been combined and is now loading from the Mods file. Can't wait to get at it. Thanks again.
RR
ridgewayranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 12:53 PM   #804
Senor_Droolcup
Watch

Downloads: 23
Default Error problems with 4.1

I'm still getting errors de-archiving the files with 7-zip, even with the Quickpar repairs. Can somebody please host a single large .rar or .zip file of the entire installation? This is getting tiresome. It's obviously working for some people and not for others: not sure why. I've tried downloading from each of the various locations, incl. the 4-part download, and the errors continue....using XP SP2.
Old 10-07-09, 12:58 PM   #805
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

Quote:
Morning!

@Raptor

I just tested a career in 1942 in St. Nazaire and I started in the sub pen... weird... did you may had an old carer from another supermod?
It was an fresh install patched to 1.4. Also the new OpenHatch Version from DD was active, i will try this later once again maybe there was really an existing carrer saved anywhere.
But those Subpens are awesome work.
In wich base i will see the new "Schleuse"?
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 01:04 PM   #806
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Quote:
It was an fresh install patched to 1.4. Also the new OpenHatch Version from DD was active, i will try this later once again maybe there was really an existing carrer saved anywhere.
But those Subpens are awesome work.
In wich base i will see the new "Schleuse"?
Maybe DDs new open hatch has been the problem as I read that it is not compatible with WAC and has to be adopted.

The new sluise doors are in Wilhelmshaven!

@Senor_Droolcup
I think the archiv will have errors if I upload such a big file...
If you stell get errors the problem is ther extracting process... how do you do it?

Han
Old 10-07-09, 01:24 PM   #807
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Quote:
Maybe DDs new open hatch has been the problem as I read that it is not compatible with WAC and has to be adopted.
ok, i will ive it a try with and without, same year, sub, eq...
I report it later.
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Old 10-07-09, 01:35 PM   #808
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
As far as I understand from DD's explanation in his thread, it's very easy to adopt it. This is what he wrote in this post:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1038

I´ve used ..._menu.txt files that were provided with GWX2.1. But it´s pretty easy to add the needed lines yourself.
1856=Lock/Unlock Hatch
1857=Open/Close Hatch
1858=Free Cam (non stabilized)

I take it he only added these lines to the en/de/fr_menu.txt (files), all the other files involved could not give errors. It's the reworked cameras.dat and all the files in the Interior\NSS_Uboat7 folder.

Personally I've modded the en_menu.txt of WAC4.1, enabled DD OH V3 and will report here if anything weird occurs during gameplay.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 01:49 PM   #809
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Quote:
Personally I've modded the en_menu.txt of WAC4.1, enabled DD OH V3 and will report here if anything weird occurs during gameplay.
Thanks dcb, when it works - fantastic.
Old 10-07-09, 01:51 PM   #810
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
As far as I understand from DD's explanation in his thread, it's very easy to adopt it. This is what he wrote in this post:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1038

I´ve used ..._menu.txt files that were provided with GWX2.1. But it´s pretty easy to add the needed lines yourself.
1856=Lock/Unlock Hatch
1857=Open/Close Hatch
1858=Free Cam (non stabilized)

I take it he only added these lines to the en/de/fr_menu.txt (files), all the other files involved could not give errors. It's the reworked cameras.dat and all the files in the Interior\NSS_Uboat7 folder.

But I have to remark that with the new cameras.dat file the new shaking binocular is not anymore enabled!