SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-27-14, 04:39 AM   #1
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default SH3Patrol v. 4

I thought it would be helpful to repackage my old (2007) SH3Patrol mod for renewed distribution.

The main purpose of the program was its use in connection with the U-tankers (or a surface tanker) in mid-ocean. Previously, arrival at the tanker was the same as arriving at any German land-base - you got a full load-out of the default torpedo selection, a full tank of fuel, all damage was repaired, and you sailed again about a month later. In addition, all your sinkings at the time of docking with the tanker were credited, and the new patrol from the tanker added one to the total number of patrols. None of these actions was realistic, but particularly irritating was the month pause in mid-ocean. This last problem was solved by SH3 Patrol, which reduced the delay to one day, and version 2 automatically updated your radar receivers three months after the latest radar receivers had become available at your home base.

A secondary purpose was to provide new patrol grids when a grid of NULL was shown, after departing from any base that was not the U-boat’s home-base (including from a tanker). It was, and is, necessary to save the game in mid-patrol, run the program SH3Patrol, then reload your saved patrol. In addition, you could change the new patrol grid assigned to you at your home base by using SH3Patrol while at base. This could be useful when, for example, your enormous IXD2 U-boat is ordered by SH3 to patrol the narrow confines of the English Channel in 1944. SH3Patrol assigned a new patrol grid based on your base, the year and your U-boat type.

Both of these functions were superseded by the combined Hsie-Stiebler hard-code patches, which fixed all these problems. However, there remain two potentially useful functions, as well as a default possibility.

Radar Receivers:
The update of the radar receivers at sea was an important task for the tankers in real life. Both Hsie and I spent a long time trying to make the radar receivers available at tankers with a hard-code fix, but we both failed. We could force the U-boat to accept a new radar receiver, but it would not show on the conning tower, and it would not detect radar transmissions.

Sail U-boat to Mediterranean:
This is a new function, found only in my new release of SH3Patrol version 4. When you sail into the Mediterranean Sea from your Atlantic home base, there seems to be no way of assigning your boat to the 29th (Mediterranean) Flotilla. You can sail to the flotilla base, La Spezia, but it does not behave like your new home base, no matter how many patrols you make from it in the Mediterranean. This means no updates of equipment and no chance to transfer back to the Atlantic. (At present, if you want to play in the Mediterranean, you have to ask for a transfer from your Atlantic base to the 29th Flotilla. Then later you can ask for a transfer back to the Atlantic. In real life, all U-boats had to sail into the Mediterranean from the Atlantic, otherwise how could the U-boats get there? The Type VII boats were too large to be transported by road or rail from Germany.)

Default Possibility:
Many players of SH3 have been unable, for one reason or another, to install the Hsie-Stiebler hard-code patches. A re-release of SH3Patrol allows to be remedied at least a few of the defects of the original SH3 code.

Full instructions are included with the mod download, in the form of a .RTF file and a .CHM file.

Download from this link:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/SH3...istribution.7z

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-14, 11:21 AM   #2
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

thank you Stiebler

just one question becuase i was a little puzzled reading your post: if someone is running the hardcode fixes ,does he needs this sh3patrol v4?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-14, 11:21 AM   #3
álvaro
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1474
Uploads: 0

Thanks, thanks a lots. You are an incredible person, thanks to do this game so good. Congratulations
Old 11-28-14, 06:28 AM   #4
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Makman:
Quote:
if someone is running the hardcode fixes ,does he needs this sh3patrol v4?
If you are using the hard-code fixes, then the only purpose of SH3Patrol v4 is to ensure your radar receivers are up to date at a tanker (and if you dock at the tanker, then all the other disadvantages mentioned above apply, since you will have negated the benefit of the hard-code fix.)

The remaining big advantage to all users is to reset your base to the 29th Flotilla if you sail from the Atlantic into the Mediterranean. This needs to be done only once, and can be done in dock at La Spezia.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 04:40 AM   #5
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Makman:
If you are using the hard-code fixes, then the only purpose of SH3Patrol v4 is to ensure your radar receivers are up to date at a tanker (and if you dock at the tanker, then all the other disadvantages mentioned above apply, since you will have negated the benefit of the hard-code fix.)

The remaining big advantage to all users is to reset your base to the 29th Flotilla if you sail from the Atlantic into the Mediterranean. This needs to be done only once, and can be done in dock at La Spezia.

Stiebler.
i see what you mean Stiebler and i will give it a try then ,

thank you

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-15, 02:37 PM   #6
alpha_1
Sailor man

Downloads: 229
Default SH3 Commander

Hi all;

Can I use this great mod at the same time as SH3 Commander?

Up to this point, I've been running the game out of Commander. SH3Patrol has some definite advantages in some areas but I'd still like to use the perks with Commander as well.

SH3 Commander also reassigns grids, but does it take into consideration the factors that SH3Patrol does such as date, base, and type of boat? This is a serious issue for me.

Stiebler, thank you for all your hard work, btw......you do terrific stuff.

Last edited by alpha_1; 07-05-15 at 02:42 PM.
alpha_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-15, 06:22 PM   #7
alpha_1
Sailor man

uh........just reread the instructions. Of course I can.......DOH!!!!!!

Old 07-07-15, 04:33 AM   #8
alpha_1
Sailor man

I've spent a few days trying this mod and I love it! Thanks again, Stiebler
Old 11-02-17, 02:42 PM   #9
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

hi, good work. A question related to how the mediterranean fix work.

If i edit the flotillas file, on same flotilla id 907

Quote:
Flotilla5=907
TO5=944
NbStartingDate5=4
NbDate5=4
Emblem5=data/Emblems/SubEmblems/Flotillas/29th flotilla.tga
NbBases5=3
Base5_0=751;Brest
Date5_0_0=1941
Month5_0_0=10
Date5_0_1=1941
Month5_0_1=11
DeparturePointLong5_0=-534234.000000
DeparturePointLat5_0=5805771.000000
Heading5_0=180.000000
Base5_1=757;La Spezia
Date5_1_0=1941
Month5_1_0=12
Date5_1_1=1943
Month5_1_1=8
DeparturePointLong5_1=1182065.000000
DeparturePointLat5_1=5292192.000000
Heading5_1=203.488998
Base5_2=758;Toulon
Date5_2_0=1943
Month5_2_0=9
Date5_2_1=1944
Month5_2_1=8
DeparturePointLong5_2=00706307
DeparturePointLat5_2=05173533
Heading5_2=90;;0
NbUboats5=1
Uboat5_0=1
And change the data of 907 flotilla of bases to mach with 23ª flotilla, staring in salamis, this fix will work if i try to make it docking in salamis or other city? (changing all, the namefile, the land file in campaing, etc)

Similar question for 29º flotilla in nygm if i tray to dock at toulon and aplly patrol4.0 mediterranean fix?