SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-07-07, 05:13 PM   #16
madcat
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Thank you very much, did what you said & fixed it . All so now I under stand how it works I could fix the 40mm as well.

Thanks again
madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-07, 08:38 AM   #17
_alphaBeta_
Medic

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pv-
I never have crew in the weapon slots when I pull into port. When I need the weapons manned during patrol, I recruit them from DC or inactive bridge crew. I'm careful to keep a few gun-rated crew in the bridge and DC positions.
-Pv-
I have the same problem. I switched my deck gun from stern to bow and now the crew can't man the gun. There's no compartment listed, just the damage control team and AA gun.

Is everyone not experiencing the problem pulling into port with no crew at the gun stations? Perhaps this is the bug. I usually leave crew there since they're not actually being used until ordered to man their stations. I'll keep it empty if it avoids this bug.

I'm using a fresh career started with v 1.3. How this bug is still in the game, I have no idea.
Old 09-08-07, 07:31 PM   #18
Gunner
Navy Dude

Downloads: 4

Ran into similar problem today, Patched 1.3 and TM 1,6, Received conning tower upgrade Sboat when entering port, I had to repurchase SJ SD radar and improved SD radar as slots are empty, Upgraded to twin 20mm, and noticed I have only one deck gun slot occuopied, the other one is missing

Old 09-08-07, 09:35 PM   #19
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

I originally never had this bug, then however I downloaded TM1.6/GMX, afterwards, I started having a couple bugs, one primarily was the missing deck gunners.. to my knoledge the only way of getting around this is to leave to empty spots on your damage control team, thus, your gunners will be moved to those respective two spots, when you patrol, move them back to the DG slots, and then you have your gunners.. however, when the slots totally disapear( have had this happen once) hope to god it comes back because I had to re install to get it back

With Regards,

Krauter
Krauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-07, 12:21 AM   #20
Gunner
Navy Dude

Reloaded previous save game and found the bug.When entering port I made sure 2 gunners were in deckgun slots,Ended patrol and got conning tower 20mm gun platform upgrade messge. Enterd office and opend up sub menu. During the upgrade the game gave me a stern mount deck gun, orginaly had a bow mount deck gun, hence gunners slots dissapear.
Old 09-10-07, 08:20 AM   #21
_alphaBeta_
Medic

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter
I originally never had this bug, then however I downloaded TM1.6/GMX, afterwards, I started having a couple bugs, one primarily was the missing deck gunners.. to my knoledge the only way of getting around this is to leave to empty spots on your damage control team, thus, your gunners will be moved to those respective two spots, when you patrol, move them back to the DG slots, and then you have your gunners.. however, when the slots totally disapear( have had this happen once) hope to god it comes back because I had to re install to get it back

With Regards,

Krauter
You're saying that we should leave two spots open on the damage control team because they get filled during the "upgrade process"? This makes the bug disappear?

I haven't been following the SH4 bug saga, but I'm guessing that 1.3 is the end of the road, correct? This is a pretty big bug to still be in the game.
Old 09-10-07, 01:07 PM   #22
Gunner
Navy Dude

Had a save game before docking at freemantle to get conning tower upgrade, gunners were in damage control slots when I docked and got conning tower upgrade message, not only did DG slots disaappear, automaicaly got a rear mount deck gun. anyhow whent back to save game and tried with gunners in gun slots and same thing happend as above. Any how , managed to fix it in by following Coletrains advice,
Old 09-28-07, 10:55 PM   #23
neumanf15
Seaman

Downloads: 7

Note to all: I used info from Coletrains' fix to let me get my Balao's dual deck guns both manned. For more info, see this thread:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=121460

Coletrains: Again, Thank you VERY MUCH for posting how to fix this. It made my deck gunning much more enjoyable!
neumanf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-08, 05:12 PM   #24
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneTD
Ok. As soon as you moved the deck gun to the stern you needed to go into the crew management screen and manually move the crew into/out of the deck gun slots. THis should keep them intact allowing the AI to fire the gun. If not, I don't know what is happening. This works quite well for me. Now that you have this problem, you will have to wait until you start a new campaign. I don't believe it is fixable after it has already happened.
Problem is, there is no slot to put the crewmen into. The slots disappear as do the crewmen who where manning the gun while it was on the bow. Move it to the stern and poof, slots for the crew are missing as well as the crew. Move it back to the bow and the slots and crew return. You can do this back and forth but you want get a crew slot or even a icon for the stern gun at all. This has happened to me with a clean install and patched to 1.4 and with the RSRD Mod installed with no other mods.
Even starting a new campaign want fix this problem. Tried starting a new one 5 - 6 times and each time I had the same effect when I tried to install a gun on the stern.
Old 04-04-08, 05:18 AM   #25
littelmaster
Swabbie

Downloads: 128

Just by the game and have exactly the same problem. Disappearing slot for deck gun.

Try to reinstall again with the last UBI patch 1.4 install/uninstall TMO 1.4 mod but still the same thing.

As soon as you move your gun from bow to stern slot just disappear (and i my case won't go back). I manage to fix this problem more less following Coletrains explication.

Now I can play but I am disappointed thing I going back to SH3
littelmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 12:12 AM   #26
rrmelend
Medic

Downloads: 20

I'm having the same problem as SgtWalt65. My deck gun is located aft of the conning tower and when I tried to move it to the bow the deck gun crew slots disappeared. When I moved it back to the aft the slots magically appeared again along with my two missing crew. Any ideas?
Old 04-07-08, 03:39 AM   #27
Mr G
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Default Deck gun crew slots !

I've just started having this problem and can't seem to get the slots back no matter what I try. Tried something along the lines of Coletrains tip and also loaded up my new copy of 1.5, still no deck gun crew slots. The problems started just after I upgraded my AA guns to the twin mounts.

I only noticed when I surfaced to finnish off a crippled merchant with my deck gun and found my crew didn't want to man the gun

Does anybody know if there is a way I can 'force' a transfer/reassignment to a new boat ?
Mr G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-08, 02:37 AM   #28
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

I have this problem too, with a few minor diffrences. I currently use RFB+RSRD for 1.5. The sub class is Salmon, gun type 3in50cal with a crew of 6. I followed the instuctions on how to fix this but I noticed I thing that is different than what the instuctions say. That is the compartments for the fore and aft deck gun aren't 7 and 8 but rather 8 and 9. I don't think its it should matter that much. Can someone help?!
Old 12-17-08, 05:42 AM   #29
ancient46
Officer

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 1

It won't matter. RFB has done a lot of work with the ship damage model adding things to stock to give us a more realistic sub to drive. The guys are very thorough in their modding and you can use the instructions to restore the gun crew with RFB. It has worked for me in the past though I have not had to do it with the latest version.
ancient46 is offline   Reply With Quote