SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-07, 07:06 AM   #2191
Farkenal
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

yikes, 10 mins hey.... I was waiting about 3-4 minutes but I have 4ghz, 2 gig ram, 512mb card etc and every other game has just flown for me so I figured there must of been a corrupted install etc. Not to worry then, I now know that I know it hasnt just frozen and I'll let it do its work as I greatly enjoyed the stock game and really cant wait to try out this mod as I've heard good things.

Thanks for your very quick replies, and I might leave you with one last question in that is it possible to play this in multiplayer? does anyone do it etc ? as the idea of a wolf pack sounds pretty hairy.
Farkenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 09:01 AM   #2192
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A great many people play it in MP mode online.

In fact, some of the GWX team used yo play together regularly until work was focussed toward the next release.

More recently, some of the team have been testing the MP missions.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 03:01 PM   #2193
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

First time is always the longest load as creates the SH3 folder in my docs etc
Be patient young warrior

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 06:43 PM   #2194
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

And WELCOME ABOARD from me, too!
Old 11-29-07, 03:35 PM   #2195
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Reminder to all:

The GWX 2.0 manual will be uploaded sometime next week for all to view prior to the actual launch date.

Cheers!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 10:05 PM   #2196
cruiser2132
Watch

Looking forward to reading it, as well as seeing if there will be anywhere as near the change between this and the current release, as there was between the current and previous releases. Can't wait!
cruiser2132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 10:22 PM   #2197
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser2132
Looking forward to reading it, as well as seeing if there will be anywhere as near the change between this and the current release, as there was between the current and previous releases. Can't wait!
Be advised, much of the visible work done to GWX 2.0 related to the process of replacing old obsolete 3D models with improved material. Its hard for that to come across well with the small screenshots in the manual. Pablo has done the usual OUTSTANDING job on "Das Buch", and by no means am I trying to sell that massive work of art short, but the proof will always be in the pudding. Its terribly difficult to convey that with a description or screenshot.

Nor can we show you the massive campaign or code improvements that operate "in the background" without you being able to see it.

You'l start to see and feel the changes, the moment you are in-game.

To all, something you'll hear us reitterate repeatedly in days to come... You MUST begin the GWX installation process with a NEW-CLEAN UNMODDED copy of SH3 patched to 1.4b. You will also need to DELETE the "SH3" folder in your "My Documents" folder.

Old careers will probably not be compatible with GWX 2.0. (This will most likely be the last time we need to suggest deleting old careers.)

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 11-29-07 at 10:51 PM.
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 10:42 PM   #2198
cruiser2132
Watch

That's alright; my current kahleun would most likely be THRILLED to retire now!
cruiser2132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 11:15 AM   #2199
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Hallo!

I was a bit interested how many German warships is unsinkable in GWX 1.03 mod and that is why I made my own beta-tests. Here you are results:

- type 36A destroyer
- naval artillery barge
- naval transport barge

I wish you to fix this embarrassing errors before GWX 2.0 release time. It seems you centered too much on eye-candy graphics and "uber-destroyers" but unfortunately totally forgetting about basic bugs!

You know what, Mr. Kapitan: "Apart from good man all we really need are all sinkable ships in subsim type games"! :rotfl:

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you!
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 11:41 AM   #2200
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov
Hallo!

I was a bit interested how many German warships is unsinkable in GWX 1.03 mod and that is why I made my own beta-tests. Here you are results:

- type 36A destroyer
- naval artillery barge
- naval transport barge

I wish you to fix this embarrassing errors before GWX 2.0 release time. It seems you centered too much on eye-candy graphics and "uber-destroyers" but unfortunately totally forgetting about basic bugs!

You know what, Mr. Kapitan: "Apart from good man all we really need are all sinkable ships in subsim type games"! :rotfl:

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you!
Ok, here is how it is, those three you list are not unsinkable. They do sink. I have seen a Type 36 destroyed during an air raid in testing. They are enormously tough though, yes.

Basically I am confused as hell as to why you want to deliverately sink ships belonging to Germany (your own side)?!

All the ships you are SUPPOSED to sink in GWX, do sink! Some are tougher than others though. And 99.9% this is by design not accident.

Bottom line is, if the Kpt. Lehmann does indeed decide to pull the GWX release... then, everybody here on subsim and round the world will be waiting till perhaps, January maybe even February next year before they get 2.0.... GWX policy is, we do not work over Christmas and new year...

But I'm sure the subsim faithful would be grateful to yourself though for finding these 'bugs' and giving the Dev Team chance to rectify them, even if they do have to wait till next year to see bugs that don't affect the game in the slightest cured.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 11:41 AM   #2201
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

@Gorshkov

Then I take this German naval transport barge is playing to be a submarine?

Merry Christmas to you too!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 12:00 PM   #2202
Gorshkov
Commodore

I guess those three ships can be sunk by air bombardment and gunfire but not by torpedoes as I have tried.
Anyway type 36A destroyer definitely isn't sinkable that way. I hit her twice with five torpedoes each time with no damage except visual post-explosion marks on her hull.
As for both barges, they received one torpedo hit each and withstood it.
Old 12-02-07, 12:02 PM   #2203
Dowly
Lucky Jack

You can see the torpedo hit mark on the bow on that transport barge. Didnt test the others yet, but that ship is definitly sinkable. And it doesnt make sense that a ship would be only sinkable by air weapons, there's no switch AFAIK to turn off torpedo damage and turn on bomb damage.
Old 12-02-07, 12:07 PM   #2204
Gorshkov
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
You can see the torpedo hit mark on the bow on that transport barge. Didnt test the others yet, but that ship is definitly sinkable. And it doesnt make sense that a ship would be only sinkable by air weapons, there's no switch AFAIK to turn off torpedo damage and turn on bomb damage.
I must check these barges once again.
However I tested all twenty one German warships present in GWX mod "Orde de Battaile" and eighteen remaining warships are sinkable. Even 52000 tons large "Bismarck" and "Tirpitz" bettleships sink after three to four under-keel explosions.
Old 12-02-07, 12:11 PM   #2205
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
I must check these barges once again.
However I tested all twenty one German warships present in GWX mod "Orde de Battaile" and eighteen remaining warships are sinkable. Even 52000 tons large "Bismarck" and "Tirpitz" bettleships sink after three to four under-keel explosions.
Have you tried impact fuses at all? If you set the depth wrong, you deal very little damage.