SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-31-18, 01:37 AM   #1
Flaskegaard
Medic

Downloads: 847
Uploads: 0
Default Realistic ship sinking Mod.

Greetings,
I recently fired a spread of torpedoes at a Japanese destroyer....he saw the fish approaching, and tried to turn inside them....the last torpedo hit him at the very tip of his bow, but amazingly, it was enough....he started sinking....by the stern! I would think since the hole was in his bow, he would have sank bow first....I decided to try one of the MANY realistic ship sinking mods, but am not sure which one is the most realistic as to the actual sinking characteristics....any suggestions?....

Last edited by Flaskegaard; 10-31-18 at 02:21 AM.
Flaskegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-18, 07:29 AM   #2
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Downloads: 719
Uploads: 6

What mods are you running or are you playing stock?
Old 10-31-18, 05:22 PM   #3
Flaskegaard
Medic

SH4 V1.4 - TMO 2.0.....no mods with respect to ship movement or sinking characteristics....I have very recently upgraded to TMO 2.5 since I posted this thread...
Old 10-31-18, 06:21 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The last TMO for SH4 v1.4 was TMO v1.7(72??) maybe 1.6... I used to play it, and should remember that... I've still got a copy of v1.4 on my machine. Did you "typo" and meant v1.5 for SH4?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-18, 10:47 PM   #5
Flaskegaard
Medic

Could be....I stopped playing SH4 for several years (and two computers ago), then just recently started again....I've forgotten all the stuff I did all those years ago, mods wise....I remember seeing a mod back then, that was supposed to make torpedoed ships sink in a more realistic manner, but cannot remember the title....
Old 11-01-18, 06:52 AM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Well, one was WernerSobe's Natural Sinking Mechanics (NSM), with the download link Natural Sinking Mechanics 4.0, which should be the most recent version. Be sure and read the ReadMe (Rockin Robbins) with the download ~and~ the ones with the mod. That version is for v1.5 of the game, which has the Uboats. If you have an earlier version of SH4, you might have to do some searching for it. I could not find any others on SubSim, but my "Search" efforts are 'infamous' for how ~bad~ they are... - but you could try the WernerSobe folder at s7rikeback's Silent Hunter Mod Collection, and download the v2.6 to give that a whirl. Again, the documentation stuff should state what it can run in. One important thing to remember about the mod is that it changes files that a lot of other mods change. If you apply this mod, it has a given Roster. Anything not in the mod's Roster does not get changed. Several large mods incorporate a compatible version of this in their files, so if you are doing other mods, be sure and read their documentation...

PS: The easy way to find your SH version is to use Windows File Manager to go to the Silent Hunter folder, right-click on the SH4.exe, then left-click on Properties, then click on Details, and about in the middle of that dialog should be the version number.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 09:31 AM   #7
Geoff then
Gunner

Downloads: 63

I might be wrong but didn't Ducimus paste a mod of that kind into TMO 2,5?