Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 01-16-13, 08:35 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default I'm Bob, it's nice to meet me.

A nice little tool that does better what it intends to do than the two or three other things I have tried in FSX.

Bob is a primitive invisible aircraft that claims to be a man. Bob has a very weak engine, invisible airframe, and the pilot's head right at the same height like that of a standing person. This airplane does not fly, it only taxis around - at the speed of a running person at maximum. Since it is invisible, you think it is your alter ego walking around like in an ego shooter.

With this tool you can easily walk and run around inside any of those detailed sceneries for your airports that you never have explored from first person's view, like a pedestrian, although you payed money for them maybe, although they may be pieces of arts, featuring details that you do not become aware of if just taxiing from the gate to the runway and back.

I just walked around at my homer airport EDDG, and really liked it to walk aroud between the parled planes, the terminal, the other buildings - all from a normal walking person's perspective.

Doing so on huge airports like Frankfurt and Heathrow also gives you a superb impression of how incredibly big these cities-inside-cities really are.

It is not perfect, but what it does it does well enough to enjoy the new sights you get. Read the readme, please. You steer by pedals, and set speed by throttle. If you run too fast, you start to slide as if on ice - best is to be not faster than a jogger.

IT IS FREE.

Also nice: there is some freeware scenery offered on the same site, too, by OrbX. Small green strips in more rural places in America, Canada and Australia, some of them seem to look nice. For newcomers to FSX, a nice opportunity to get started with some free improved airstrip scenery to start from and to land at.

http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

P.S. Beware, the aircraft addons offered for free, are no aircraft but skins only, and not for default planes, but Carenado payware aircraft addons.