SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-18-14, 09:30 AM   #1
taynted21
Watch

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0
Default missing files?

So,i recently downloaded the Los Angeles class and Akula mods,and installed it with JGSME,and for some reason its saying its missing files. I was wondering if I could maybe get some help,like one of the files is a black80.tga file I think. any ideas? I honestly don't remember who I downloaded them from,but im sure it can be found. would appreciate any help ya'll can give.
taynted21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-14, 11:11 AM   #2
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Are you running the SH4 version 1.4 or the SH4 version 1.5, the file not found error: data/menu/data/black80.tga is a good clue that you are using a 1.5 mod with a 1.4 game, if I'm wrong then I'll leave it to the experts to work out whats wrong.
Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 09:09 AM   #3
taynted21
Watch

Default its the version

well,i just found out that im running v1.3,but I have downloaded some mods for v1.4,and they work but 1.5 I guess was a whole new file format or something.
Old 10-20-14, 09:11 AM   #4
taynted21
Watch

having problems

and as far as my SH4 version goes,its the steam version so it installs straight into the SteamApps directory,subfolder common. is there any reason that when I try to get the v1.4 patch it says it cant find any previous versions of SH4 on the disk?
Old 10-21-14, 06:03 AM   #5
Moonlight
Admiral

Webster made a post about steam that might help you, I hope it helps you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
try this, first make a complete copy of your steam folder and save it somewhere.

if you are using windows xp open the programs files directory and create a folder named Ubisoft then from your steam folder move the "Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific" folder into the ubisoft folder you created.

if you are using vista or windows 7 then wherever you install your games to, create a folder named "Ubisoft" then from your steam folder move the "Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific" folder into the ubisoft folder you created.

right click on the sh4 exe file and click "send to desktop create a new shortcut"

run the game from its new shortcut to make sure the pathways all work correctly.

now your game is installed normally as if it werent a steam version so get your v1.4 ubisoft update from ubisofts website and it will work.

you can now reverse the steps and put it back in the steam folder if you wish but you should make a backup copy of the patched game to avoid going through all this again
Old 10-21-14, 06:41 AM   #6
taynted21
Watch

Default didnt work

I followed the steps that you picked up from Webster, and tried running the patch....didn't work. im all out of ideas, honestly, I thought that would work. I ran the program and it didn't open steam,i just cant get the patch to install.
Old 10-21-14, 08:38 AM   #7
Moonlight
Admiral

I would buy the SH4 Gold edition of the game if I were you, it would solve all your problems and most mods including the major mods work with it or need it.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=216303

See the post by CapnScurvy for details of where he bought it from, good luck.
Old 10-21-14, 07:03 PM   #8
taynted21
Watch

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help,moon,I'll see if I can scrape the money together and see if the wife will let me,haha,she already says I spend too much time and money on the computerr. Can't help it though,I love being a gamer and a simmer