SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-22-17, 05:32 PM   #31
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX View Post
well I can now reload torpedoes in the Trafalgar, but now my game crashes every time I try and classify a Sierra II or something similar

this happens every time, I cannot scroll past the Sierras when attempting to classify or the game will crash
I have never seen that. I will attempt to duplicate when I get home. Mission? Or Campaign?

LTJG Beam
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 05:56 PM   #32
ChaosphereIX
Mate

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

campaign

although, as of 5 minutes ago it didnt do it

strange
ChaosphereIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 10:22 PM   #33
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
campaign

although, as of 5 minutes ago it didnt do it

strange
Didn't happen on first two attempts, third time it did. Tracked it down to the SIERRA II being named wp_ssn_akulu2 in the summary file for the campaigns. Apparently my fingers are not as dexterous as my brain; or vice-versa. Corrected and re-uploaded. That appears to have resolved it. Thanks, and please let me know if you encounter anything else.

Mod Update # 4a: Date:08/22/2017
Hot Fix to resolve an intermittent crash when attempting to classify SIERRA II in the Campaign. Thanks to ChaosphereIX for reporting this.

Also renamed the Mod to 2004 Campaign (NATO and RUSSIAN).

The mod started out as Seawolf, Los Angeles Flt II & Flt III and grew from there. The Title had gotten long and confusing.

Link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5258

LTJG Beam

Last edited by LTJGBeam; 08-22-17 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-25-17, 09:25 PM   #34
ChaosphereIX
Mate

Downloads: 38

another issue - game freezes on post battle screen. Happened more than once.

First mission on Russian side in a new campaign, sank the Ula. Left battle. Then screen with no text or images. Nothing. Game froze.

I find this is a problem in both 2004 and Captain's More Subs mod. Russian side campaigns are just broken in this regard, I dunno what the problem is. Have encountered it many times in both mods. NATO campaigns seem to be fine.
ChaosphereIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-17, 01:09 AM   #35
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
another issue - game freezes on post battle screen. Happened more than once.

First mission on Russian side in a new campaign, sank the Ula. Left battle. Then screen with no text or images. Nothing. Game froze.

I find this is a problem in both 2004 and Captain's More Subs mod. Russian side campaigns are just broken in this regard, I dunno what the problem is. Have encountered it many times in both mods. NATO campaigns seem to be fine.
That is really confusing. I made the 2004 Russian Campaign by cloning the 2004 NATO Campaign (which is the 1984 Campaign cloned) and then modified Missions and Event Text...

I will see if I can duplicate this as well. Maybe there is some thing changed in 1.07c that I missed sync'ing.

LTJG Beam
Old 08-29-17, 06:24 PM   #36
vicj
Nub

Downloads: 6
Default having problems with 2004 mod

having probs with 2004 mod downloaded it and cant get the game to work at all now ive deleted the game and reinstalled it but still cant get it to run any ideas
vicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 02:13 PM   #37
goldfish716
Sailor man

Downloads: 14

Glad to see some of the duct work and such working for you.

I recently added that little ramp to the Virginia and Seawolf sail. It is pretty sweet --made out of a dozen or so TASM canisters set at different angles. You are welcome to use that if it suits you.
goldfish716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 05:31 PM   #38
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicj View Post
having probs with 2004 mod downloaded it and cant get the game to work at all now ive deleted the game and reinstalled it but still cant get it to run any ideas
Can you tell me which 2004 Campaign you were attempting to run, the 2004 NATO or 2004 RUSSIA? Usually a full clean install solves any issues.

Does the Single Missions screen still load fully? Are there 12 Missions, with the last being TEST NATO SHIPS?

Are the original 1984 and 1968 Campaigns available in addition to the 2004 Campaign and 2004 Campaign - Russia?

Does the Unit Reference work?

Additional details may help me resolve this.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-01-17, 05:35 PM   #39
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish716 View Post
Glad to see some of the duct work and such working for you.

I recently added that little ramp to the Virginia and Seawolf sail. It is pretty sweet --made out of a dozen or so TASM canisters set at different angles. You are welcome to use that if it suits you.
Yes thanks for giving me permission to use the ducts! The spreadsheet is a great tool! I gave you credit in the UNIT REFERENCE for your work on the ducts. The VIRGINIA, SEAWOLF, and others boats appearances were greatly improved using your technique. BRAVO ZULU to you!

I'll take a look at the sail fairing on your Virginia. I guess I'll have to download the latest version of the Playable Russian Subs again.

Thanks again for your efforts.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-02-17, 12:07 AM   #40
bandit484
Medic

Downloads: 523
SHO

with the new 107d update out now will this mod work with it, or do we need to wait for you to update your mod?
bandit484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 11:05 AM   #41
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit484 View Post
with the new 107d update out now will this mod work with it, or do we need to wait for you to update your mod?
I believe it will still work. I have been in the process of verifying this yesterday and will do more checking today.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-04-17, 09:01 PM   #42
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

I play the NA2004 MOD almost exclusively. But since 1.07e came out my torpedoes are very focused on sinking ships that are already sunk. The invasion force mission, especially, takes some organization as to launching salvos. And even the torps after they have passed a sunken ship want to do a 150 degree and go back. I hold the "5" key down to keep the torp from going to the bottom, but then I can't do anything else mission-wise.

Not sure whether it is 1.07e or the mod. I don't have any other mods.

Thanks for reading.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-17, 09:58 PM   #43
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Have hopefully fixed the game freeze issue. Took a while to replicate it.

Anyway, the 2004 Campaign has been moved to Missions and Maps folder in the Downloads section.

I originally uploaded to the Game Play folder, but when I went to update with the latest patch, it is gone.

Did a search of Downloads, and it is now in Missions and Maps?

Anyways, updated the mod to hopefully fix the mission freeze on entry/exit. Let me know if you continue to have the issue.

Mod Update # 5: Date:09/04/2017
Fix for the intermittent game freeze during a mission or after completing a mission. Took a while to duplicate, but hopefully this is corrected now.

Further improvements to the models in the mod. Tweaked and refined Pump Jets on several sub models.

Finished the Modelling of the Nimitz Class CVN in the Russian Campaign, so now the Carrier looks more like an American CVN. It's a little clunky, but for now it'll have to do.

Made the OHIO-class SSGN Refit playable in the 2004 NATO Campaign, per player requests.

Several mission and ship descriptions corrected for spelling and clarity.

I am investigating other reports and will hopefully have answers on those soon.

Here's some pics of the modded Nimitz class Nuclear Carrier in the 2004 Russian Campaign.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-04-17, 10:05 PM   #44
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgard View Post
I play the NA2004 MOD almost exclusively. But since 1.07e came out my torpedoes are very focused on sinking ships that are already sunk. The invasion force mission, especially, takes some organization as to launching salvos. And even the torps after they have passed a sunken ship want to do a 150 degree and go back. I hold the "5" key down to keep the torp from going to the bottom, but then I can't do anything else mission-wise.

Not sure whether it is 1.07e or the mod. I don't have any other mods.

Thanks for reading.
I will take a look. I have not really made many changes to the weapons files lately, so it may be the 1.07e update. I will play some games in the Vanilla Game and the Mod to see how things are working.

Thanks for the report.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-04-17, 10:41 PM   #45
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48
Icon11

Thank-YOU!

Was just thinking, if neutral shipping will be coming along, a cargo ship with "Molson Golden", in big letters on the sides, would be cool.

Thanks,
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote