Closed Thread

Old 07-14-18, 03:01 PM   #4891
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
[...] Some call it migration, others call in invasion.
'Invasion'

"An invasion is a military offensive in which large parts of combatants of one geopolitical entity aggressively enter territory controlled by another such entity, generally with the objective of either conquering; liberating or re-establishing control or authority over a territory; forcing the partition of a country; altering the established government or gaining concessions from said government; or a combination thereof."

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-15-18, 02:58 PM   #4892
Catfish

So for Trump (and the whole US?), the EU is "the enemy"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ia-indictments

Old 07-15-18, 05:34 PM   #4893
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
So for Trump (and the whole US?), the EU is "the enemy"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ia-indictments

No he said "foe" which as you know has more synonyms than just "enemy", and when it comes to trade you are indeed our foes. Competitors just like Croatia was the foe of France in the recent soccer championships. I suppose you could try to make it into something more than that if you are biased enough to ignore the obvious meaning.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 07-15-18, 06:12 PM   #4894
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Excellent article by Victor Davis Hanson. The title, 'Why Europe Gets No Respect' says it all.

https://www.hoover.org/research/why-...ets-no-respect

Quote:
The 21st century has not been too impressed. A bullying China has sized up Europe and concluded that it either cannot or will not do much about Chinese mercantilism, which is based on violations of almost all the canons of postwar trade agreements. Two-million impoverished and mostly Muslim migrants rightly assumed that Europe is hopelessly divided and completely incapable of exercising either the political or moral will to protect its own sovereignty, much less defend its political and religious history and traditions. Russia cynically accepts that an unarmed and energy-hungry Europe will not to do much to check Russian expansionism. Europe appears to Russia more worried about oil and natural gas supplies than translating its moral outrage over Putin’s authoritarianism into any concrete pushback. Better, then, to buy as much Russian natural gas as possible, while damning a supposedly colluding Trump administration for being too soft on the Russian oligarchy.
Quote:
The European furor over Donald Trump is not, as alleged, because he and the nation that elected him are crude, but that he and his country are needed more than ever by a continent that has lost its way.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-16-18, 02:55 AM   #4895
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
No he said "foe" which as you know has more synonyms than just "enemy", and when it comes to trade you are indeed our foes. Competitors just like Croatia was the foe of France in the recent soccer championships. I suppose you could try to make it into something more than that if you are biased enough to ignore the obvious meaning.
foe
noun
  1. a person who feels enmity, hatred, or malice toward another; enemy: a bitter foe.
  2. a military enemy; hostile army.
  3. a person belonging to a hostile army or nation.
and so on.
This is the obvious meaning, make of it what you want. Ah i hear you, fake definitions
But whatever definitions he uses, this is what Trump really thinks about Europe.

The term used by your 'president' (and i did not say America as a whole, unless you all suddenly are so keen of supporting hatred, racism and xenophobia) can have no other meaning and is clear as mud, it is brazen and an offense. Using such terms insulting alleged friends and allies is either dumb or sheer hatred, but until now i was not aware that one person is able to change a whole country's perception and opinion with a tweet, overnight.
As someone else said, trust is built up in decades, while reputation can be lost in minutes.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-16-18 at 04:59 AM.
Old 07-16-18, 12:54 PM   #4896
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:

As someone else said, trust is built up in decades, while reputation can be lost in minutes.

...as proved by "president" Snowflake...I mean Trump... with the truly cowardly, weak, sad and pathetic 'performance' he gave as Putin's Toadie-In-Chief at this morning's press conference. I never saw an American "president" as low as Trump. What's next? Trump declaring the US will now have "peace in our time"?...

<O>
Old 07-16-18, 01:21 PM   #4897
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
foe
noun
  1. a person who feels enmity, hatred, or malice toward another; enemy: a bitter foe.
  2. a military enemy; hostile army.
  3. a person belonging to a hostile army or nation.
and so on.
This is the obvious meaning, make of it what you want. Ah i hear you, fake definitions
But whatever definitions he uses, this is what Trump really thinks about Europe.

The term used by your 'president' (and i did not say America as a whole, unless you all suddenly are so keen of supporting hatred, racism and xenophobia) can have no other meaning and is clear as mud, it is brazen and an offense. Using such terms insulting alleged friends and allies is either dumb or sheer hatred, but until now i was not aware that one person is able to change a whole country's perception and opinion with a tweet, overnight.

Do you work for CNN Catfish? your half truth definition in order to deliberately misconstrue someones words is just something they like to do.

I'll post a proper definition of the word for you when i get home tonight.

As for reputations worry about your own, because Trump is right, you Germans are double dealing us. Whining about our dealings with the russians while cutting huge gas deals of your own with them.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 07-16-18, 02:04 PM   #4898
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So today I looked at the press conference of Putin and Trump and was very amused about it.

Since actually two evil gangster bosses meet in order to conspiratorially express their mutual trust as well as to plan further, just so that they are not hung in their own state for high treason.

In this respect, you really want something like the "Bolsheviks" back, then such criminals and tsars are simply taken to the basement and shot with his family.

Old 07-16-18, 03:15 PM   #4899
vienna
Navy Seal

Um, yeah, like, so Trump said and Putin said there is, like, no Russian interference or contact with US politicians, administrations and entities...

Like, then, how do ya explain this from this past Sunday and today?...

Document: Justice Department Charges Russian National for Conspiracy to Act as a Foreign Agent --

https://www.lawfareblog.com/document...-foreign-agent

Maria Butina, Russian gun rights advocate, charged in U.S. with acting as Russian Federation agent --

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.01e7fad90790

Note how this person is in the US on a Student Visa...

<O>
Old 07-16-18, 03:23 PM   #4900
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

So the Donald manages to indirectly label the intelligence services and the FBI as America's biggest enemy, bigger threat than Russia or China.

Well.

Idiots do like idiots do. Thats what makes them idiots. Future historians will - hopefully - mention the Trump phenomenon in one sentence with the collective mass hysteria about claimed satanistic cults in the US in the 80s or the abductions by little grey aliens in the 90s.

But I must apologize for having so fundamentally underestimated this Donald's tremendous entertaining value when he took office. RTL Samstag Nacht back in the 90s was a bore compared to these daily gigs.
Old 07-16-18, 03:58 PM   #4901
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Since actually two evil gangster bosses meet in order to conspiratorially express their mutual trust as well as to plan further, just so that they are not hung in their own state for high treason.
You got it all wrong. A very clever ex-intelligence man faced a moronic, clueless, flatfooted amateur and devoured him between breakfast and lunch. Putin completely outmaneuvered Trump who went away empty-handed.
Old 07-16-18, 04:06 PM   #4902
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

President Trump is taking a lot of heat on this one ... he looked bad in front of the press and the whole world, uh?

What's Trump suppose to do in front of the whole world call Putin a liar?

Russians have been lying for as long as I have been alive and that is a long time. You know they lie and you deal with it
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 07-16-18, 04:16 PM   #4903
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Politics is not about lie and truth. It's about interests and how to enforce them. You can bet your lower back that Putin has read his Machiavelli. Trump does not know who Machiavelli was.
Old 07-16-18, 04:16 PM   #4904
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
President Trump is taking a lot of heat on this one ... he looked bad in front of the press and the whole world, uh?

What's Trump suppose to do in front of the whole world call Putin a liar?

Russians have been lying for as long as I have been alive and that is a long time. You know they lie and you deal with it

Yeah, but it is a whole different game when a president, knowing full well they are lying, goes ahead and agrees with and fully supports those lies...

...but, then again, what can you expect from the Liar-In-In-Chief?...

...certainly, with Trump, you can't expect guts, balls, integrity or loyalty to America...

<O>
Old 07-16-18, 04:19 PM   #4905
vienna
Navy Seal

...And, if I really get mad enough, I'll tell you how I really feel about him...

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter