SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-26-09, 08:54 AM   #181
Historic
Keeper

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Been unable to finish sea trials mission 3 for sometime now as cant seem to find the boat you need to sink.
So thought I would go and look in mission editor see if very thing is where it should be But mission will not open just crashes editor.
Has anyone got a working copy they can send me ?

Its in the Data\campaigns\camaign\PatrolObjectives\SeaTrial_0 3 folders
files is SeaTrial_03.mis

ty in advance
Historic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 03:51 PM   #182
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Just gave your mod a try and wow, really really nice. Gonna use this for some time. Just finished my first patrol. USS S-27 out of Manila. I only sank one ship Fortunately that one ship was a Ise Class BB! My lookouts spotted them coming almost directly at me. It only took a course change of about 45° to get the perfect firing position. It was a full task force doing about 18 - 20 kts so they had little chance of hearing me as I slowly turned and lay in waiting. Having a peek with the scope I saw 2 Ise BBs. 4 different cruisers of different types (one appeared to have a sub on it's deck!) and several destroyers. Being in a Sugar boat with only Mk. 10s I decide to let all 4 tubes fly at the nearest Ise. I probably could have got 2 cruisers but I wanted a BB, I also knew it could very likely shrug off 2 Mk. 10s.. and what about duds?? so all 4 at one target I let them fly and went deep. All 4 struck home and detonated. 3 leaving visible holes and a fire burning from the foremost turret. The ship started to slow and the TF left it behind, all but one DD which stayed on about 3 hours. When he left I could get close to the BB now doing 5 kts. It took another 5 hours and 3 torps for it to go down. A nice start to a new career I must say!

I did notice one bug upon returning to base though. The text and medal in on the awards screen showed I had recieved the Navy Cross, but when looking at the box in the office it shows the MoH :S

Last edited by Highbury; 06-02-09 at 01:28 PM.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 05:53 AM   #183
HUNter_Richmond
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Default Atlantic-Missions in Campaign

Hi!
The readme contain this text : Some Atlantic-Missions are implemented to the US-Campaign.
When and witch flotilla?
I try start some new carrier, but i not give an atlantic-mission.
Old 06-05-09, 05:26 PM   #184
Highbury
The Old Man

Just another little "bug" I noticed, not sure if it is fixable or not, just pointing it out.

May 1942 I finish my patrol in Brisbane. I request a transfer to Dutch Harbor. (I just wanted to see what sailing from there is like.. my sub S-27 sailed from there historically during the war.) Anyways, my first patrol objective from there is to patrol the Coral Sea... obviously still giving me a patrol area based on leaving Brisbane.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-09, 05:41 PM   #185
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default Instructions to defang Avast! to install patch

Avast! antivirus falsely reports that Bugfix001 contains an unspecified Trojan. I have extensively scanned it with all manner of tools and I assure everyone that this is a false alarm.

But Avast will not let you run the patch. OK, here is the scoop. Left alone, Avast! will protect you whether you wish to be protected or not. It just will not let you run the FOTRSbugfix001.

So we have to be as nasty to Avast! as it is to us. In your system tray (lower right hand corner of your screen, you see the Avast! icon with the "a" on it. Right-click that and choose "Pause Provider" then "Standard Shield." Avast! will pop a warning window on you to attempt to scare you out of making the change. "Your computer might be at risk. Click this baloon to fix the problem."

Refuse to be intimidated. Now you can run FOTRSbugfix001.exe right out of the rar file. It will ask you where FOTRS is and then apply the patch. You might as well run the Carrier Upgrade now too. When you're done, delete the rar files so Avast! won't have a cow.

Right-click the Avast icon again, choose "Resume Provider" then "Standard Shield" and you are back in business with Avast! none the wiser. Enjoy FOTRS!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 06:31 PM   #186
sunvalleyslim
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 267

Well I'm having problems with D/L FOTRS.......I can D/L the upgrades but the main mod fails saying it can't read it....Any ideas?
Old 06-11-09, 02:44 AM   #187
red_baron
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Default Akagi, Kaga

Any news concerning Akagi and Kaga? Is this project dead?
red_baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 03:52 AM   #188
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_baron View Post
Any news concerning Akagi and Kaga? Is this project dead?
Hi,

no, the projekt is not dead but my clanmate Rhonen got not enough time to work them out in the same speed as all the other units he build.
So we have to wait until he finished them.
You will find them here when they are ready !

Greets

Maddy
Old 06-11-09, 07:28 AM   #189
red_baron
Swabbie

Downloads: 17

glad to hear that! Thanks for the reply
red_baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 09:29 AM   #190
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302
Default Resolution change

This is a superb mod for sure- but could you please advise me how to use the tool mentioned in this quote- 'In the Support-Folder you can find an 16/9 Tool for big resolutions like 1680x1050 which should be activated if you use an widescreen monitor.'

I have opened the support folder and see the menu 1024_768 in notepad, so perhaps you could let me know how to enable the higher resolution 1680 x 1050 please?

Thanks
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 03:43 PM   #191
blackhorsecav
Watch

Downloads: 10
Default FOTRS Crashes In Vista...

I've been trying to play FOTRS where I start my campaign in Midway and while attacking various convoys the game will inadvertenly crash. Other than than the graphics - sound - ships and everything else looks awesome! The mod looks great, it took awhile to download but it seems that Vista and FOTRS just don't get along. Any suggestions? Would it be my display settings?
blackhorsecav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-09, 03:30 AM   #192
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 1

Hello Captains,

the next Upgrade is under construction !

My Clanmate AOTD|Rhonen is now working on the Akagi !
Here some new pictures !

An other ship is an old Wheelsteamer.
This Vessel was build by Rowi58 for LSH3 and i have reworked it for FOTRS.
Thanks Rowi for the permission to use your fantastic Steamer !

The japanese also got an new medium freighter.
I have build an bigger version from the Akita-Class.

Also the japanese got an new Plane, the Kawasaki Ki 61 Hien is an part of the upcomming Upgrade !

Hope we can finish it soon as possible !

Greets

Maddy
Old 06-21-09, 03:51 AM   #193
Highbury
The Old Man

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it!
Old 06-23-09, 11:45 AM   #194
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default too many planes

How do I get rid of the planes? (It's da plane, da plane!). I tried Webster's fewer planes mod, but da planes, da planes, are still in the air. As a result, I'm goin' down is GOIN' Down (again).
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 12:01 AM   #195
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default too damn many planes

I am heading for Trigger Maru. I would rather get killed by a destroyer than have to deal with repeated air attacks. The number of planes is unrealistic. I do like the mod and if I can decrease the number of Jap planes, I will happily return. The visuals are very good in FOTRS.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote