SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-22-13, 07:19 AM   #1
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5
Default Conning Tower Upgrade in TMO 2.5

Hello, guys, I've read in the PDF manual of TMO 2.5 that we have to finish at least 4 patrols in our current boat to get a conning tower upgrade. But there's a small problem:In my career, 4 patrols usually take more than a half year, after then, i maybe get a new sub due to a small bug stated in the TMO manual:--"The game seems to throw, rank, refits, and new commands, into the same bucket. If available, the game will always give you a new command or new rank, instead of a refit."

Therefore, may i ask how to disable the restriction of "4 partols" , which file(s) should we modificate? So that a conning tower upgrade could be available just when the right date comes and my currunt sub could undergo a few refits before i change it.

Edit: Just for testing, I start and end my patorls in port for about 10 more times. Due to my "poor" behavior I was asked to go to office job, If I refused, my career continued and I can still get new boats, but never meet a choice of conning tower upgrade. It is very strange, isn't it ?

Last edited by flaminus; 06-23-13 at 02:58 AM.
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 02:12 AM   #2
airsangel
Loader

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

good point...join your voice..same problem
airsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 12:15 PM   #3
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Well Ducimus no longer mods so he wont be changing anything and if you did poorly that was his design anyway not to get a good reward.

Also your method of testing is not helping you if you end patrols without any net result that is a "poor" patrol so you wont get a good rating and your test result will always be anything but a conning tower refit.

Lastly it depends on what you started with in the first place if you start in 1943 you have a chance to start with the final conning tower available.If you start in 1944 you will most likely start with a "current" boat with the best conning tower available.

In order to earn the conning tower upgrade or a better class boat you must have 4 well rated patrols.

You could always "cheat" and tweak the CareerTrack.upc file and give your self a high renown while you are at sea so when you end the patrol it adds to your score.

Honestly I circumvent this things by playing more than one career at a time each career at different dates.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 11:06 PM   #4
flaminus
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
Well Ducimus no longer mods so he wont be changing anything and if you did poorly that was his design anyway not to get a good reward.

Also your method of testing is not helping you if you end patrols without any net result that is a "poor" patrol so you wont get a good rating and your test result will always be anything but a conning tower refit.

Lastly it depends on what you started with in the first place if you start in 1943 you have a chance to start with the final conning tower available.If you start in 1944 you will most likely start with a "current" boat with the best conning tower available.

In order to earn the conning tower upgrade or a better class boat you must have 4 well rated patrols.

You could always "cheat" and tweak the CareerTrack.upc file and give your self a high renown while you are at sea so when you end the patrol it adds to your score.

Honestly I circumvent this things by playing more than one career at a time each career at different dates.
Thanks. I've already finish one good partol, so i thought I can finished other 3 ones without doing anything to test wether can I get a conning upgrade. (As the manual said, it need 4 partols and at least 1 rated as goog)

It's really a pity that Ducimus left this marvelous mega mod. There are still many issues need to be tweaked. I just want to do some humble work to make the experience of TMO career better, but i'm not an expert in modding and lost my way.
Old 06-26-13, 06:59 PM   #5
flaminus
Sparky

Anybody help? Is that possible?
Old 06-30-13, 03:57 PM   #6
arrow
Watch

Downloads: 18

Well, I have just received a coning tower upgrade after finishing just one (sucessful - 14kT, 4 completed objectives) patrol in Salmon Class (july 1942). I am running TMO 2.5, TMO 2.5 small patch and Water disturbance mod.
arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-16, 03:35 AM   #7
ArditoCorsaro
Planesman

Downloads: 511

Default upgrade

Arrow have you met some heavy bug in your refit with salmon?
in tmo+rsrdc every porpoise,salmon, sargo class, at first refit mid 42, lost radar screen. radar is present in equipment screen, but not in patrol.
someone say that with tmo 2.5 without rsrdc that's dont happen, so i wonder if you survived refit in mid 42 without problems.
ArditoCorsaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-16, 04:54 AM   #8
flaminus
Sparky

Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArditoCorsaro View Post
Arrow have you met some heavy bug in your refit with salmon?
in tmo+rsrdc every porpoise,salmon, sargo class, at first refit mid 42, lost radar screen. radar is present in equipment screen, but not in patrol.
someone say that with tmo 2.5 without rsrdc that's dont happen, so i wonder if you survived refit in mid 42 without problems.
Hi! follow this thread you can solve this bug. Good luck!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...DAR+WARLORDATF
Old 05-22-16, 12:11 PM   #9
ArditoCorsaro
Planesman

Default tmo

have you tried it flaminius?
Old 05-22-16, 08:06 PM   #10
flaminus
Sparky

Quote:
Not yet. But I think that makes sense. As I said in the first post, I didn't get an upgrade from the game, so later I found a way to edit the savegame to "provide" an upgrade by myself. It's similar to that.

Automatic upgrade usually causes bugs like this or missing of crew slots and so on, you need to learn how to edit the savegame to fix it.
Old 05-22-16, 08:19 PM   #11
flaminus
Sparky

Quote:
Not yet. But I think that makes sense. As I said in the first post, I didn't get an upgrade from the game, so later I found a way to edit the savegame to "provide" an upgrade by myself. It's similar to that.

Automatic upgrade usually causes bugs like this or missing of crew slots and so on, you need to learn how to edit the savegame to fix it.
Old 05-23-16, 06:13 AM   #12
ArditoCorsaro
Planesman

Default tm

Did you use tmo 2.5 alone or rsrdc? because 1st: gato/balao etc havent these bugs usually. (only if something got wrong. usually they havent.) and without rsrdc (tmo alone) seem that these bugs dont happen. (rsrdc change much files over original tmo. and rfb. heavy scripted layers. prevesible that some bug happen.)
I survived many refits with gato, tambor etc (dg bug is fixable using stern deck gun instead of forward.).
For that i asked. i'm trying indeed tmo alone now. we'll see thank you.
Old 05-23-16, 11:19 AM   #13
flaminus
Sparky

yes i'm using TMO+RSRDC, but as said, i always "upgrade" the conning tower by manually editing the savegame, so i never met this problem.

i don't think using only TMO will make things better, because RSRDC didn't change anything about the 3D models of subs or conning towers, so it's a TMO issue.
Old 05-23-16, 06:12 PM   #14
ArditoCorsaro
Planesman

Default tmo

but see arrow'? he have refit without bug with tmo only. and i met other people that havent problems with refits with tmo alone. btw how do you do refits manually? please tell me so i can lean. i like play older boats until 44 usually. so told me how do you edit save game.
Old 05-23-16, 11:01 PM   #15
flaminus
Sparky

Quote:
but see arrow'? he have refit without bug with tmo only. and i met other people that havent problems with refits with tmo alone. btw how do you do refits manually? please tell me so i can lean. i like play older boats until 44 usually. so told me how do you edit save game.
It's easy, start a new campaign in date late enough to get a new conning tower, and save the game when you are in dock, then open a "ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc" with notepad, then select the this:
------------------------------------------------
[UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1]
ID=SargoConningSlot
NameDisplayable=Conning Tower Mount

...all the way to...

[UserPlayerUnit 1.UpgradePackSlot 8]
ID=UpgPaint
NameDisplayable=Submarine Paint
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=PaintCoating
UserCustomizable=Yes
IDLinkUpgradePackSlots=PaintJob
CurrentUpgradePack=UpackPaintDefault
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsLoaded=NULL
-----------------------------------------

Copy them to your current savegame to replace the corresponding text.

NOTE:
1. All the save file should be in dock;
2. don't mix sub class, if you give sargo a gato tower, it will be wrong;
3. in those sections of "[UserPlayerUnit 1.UpgradePackSlot X]", all the equipments should be unchanged except for the AA guns.

Last edited by flaminus; 05-23-16 at 11:50 PM.