SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-10, 10:51 AM   #1
shea1980
Swabbie

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 0
Best mod for sh4 and easy to install

hi guys,seeing sh5 request,s us to be online the whole time that game is out the window for me,i am going back to play sh4 for i didnt play it in such a long time,i was just wondering which are the most popular mods for it?thx in addvance to all
shea1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 11:13 AM   #2
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

SH4 is still a great game, the more so after receiving supermod treatment

If you are playing Uboats, then your mod of choice is no other than Lurker's "Operation Monsoon": http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134922

with its corresponding environment & interface mod: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158764

If you are more into american fleet boats, then you can choose between:

-Real Fleet Boat: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159709

-Trigger Maru (Harder but very exciting and with loads of goodies): http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...t=trigger+maru

- Fall of Rising Sun: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147988

Good hunting
Old 02-20-10, 11:58 AM   #3
shea1980
Swabbie

Default thx

thx for that m8,glad to see there so many mods out for sh4,nice your from spain lovely country m8 do i need u-boat mission expansion for
Lurker's "Operation Monsoon to work?
Old 02-20-10, 02:29 PM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Yes. Most of the supermods are made to work only with UBM.
Old 02-20-10, 02:37 PM   #5
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Welcome aboard Shea!
Old 02-20-10, 07:40 PM   #6
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Welcome aboard
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 03:09 PM   #7
shea1980
Swabbie

Default thanks you guys

thanks you guys
Old 02-22-10, 07:53 AM   #8
Andrew82
Torpedoman

Downloads: 32

Welcome aboard!
Old 02-22-10, 09:13 AM   #9
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Welcome aboard. I noticed you said 'easy to install.' JSGME or Jones Soft Generic Mod Enabler make all modes easy install.

http://silenthunter.filefront.com/fi...Enabler;110251
Old 02-26-10, 12:35 PM   #10
BillCar
Engineer

Downloads: 73

I am just getting into SH4 now. Am I correct in understanding I will be needing v1.5 to run the megamods?
SH3: 100% Realism, DID, GWX 3.0 + SH3 Commander 3.2 + HITMAN'S BETA GUI FOR GWX 3.0 (in a word: AMAZING) + FM Interiors + SH5 Water + Thomsen's Sound Pack 3.2 + BillCar's Sonar Ping http://tinyurl.com/billcarpingmod

SH4: 100% Realism, DID, RFB / TMO1.9+RSRDC / OM+OMEGU.
BillCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 01:32 PM   #11
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Yes. And No. There are people who have dedicated themselves to keeping the old 1.4 versions of the supermods available for those who have objections to buying the UBM add-on. I'm not personally familiar with who they are but only know that they exist.

However, if you want a version of the supermods that is less than about two years old, you must purchase the add-on. I think it's the best $10.00 I've spent, in spite of the fact that I was stuck with the Direct 2 Drive download version. I enthusiastically urge you to resist getting the add-on that way as they stick you with a one time use key. When you need to reinstall the game (and you will!) you're in for one nasty speed bump.

Instead, buy the SH4 Gold version off a store shelf. It has no slimy Sony SecuRom module to scan your computer for innocent software that Sony doesn't like every time SH4 starts up and it can be reinstalled multiple times without the need to go through the hassle of trying to obtain a new key from a company that back burners your needs after they have your cash.

U-Boat missions made some adjustments other than the addition of the U-Boat which make it well worth the trouble to obtain. The most important of these is speed. The original SH4 kept the entire ocean in RAM at all times, including thousands of contacts you would never encounter. UBM loads only the contacts within a certain radius from your sub while all the rest are safely kept in a Shoedinger's Cat-like limbo. The result is a new SH4 that loads quicker and plays better--remarkably better. If that were the only change in UBM it would be a compelling reason to acquire it.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 02:21 PM   #12
EgoApocalypse
Lieutenant

Location: The system might fail you. But dont fail youself...................
Downloads: 36

Welcome Shea..........

Yay another fellow Irishman.

Operation Monsun is as good as it gets.

P.S........................ the guys around here are some of the best guys ya will ever come across in a forum.

EgoApocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 03:14 PM   #13
danurve
The Old Man

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Yes. And No. There are people who have dedicated themselves to keeping the old 1.4 versions of the supermods available for those who have objections to buying the UBM add-on. I'm not personally familiar with who they are but only know that they exist.

However, if you want a version of the supermods that is less than about two years old, you must purchase the add-on. I think it's the best $10.00 I've spent, in spite of the fact that I was stuck with the Direct 2 Drive download version. I enthusiastically urge you to resist getting the add-on that way as they stick you with a one time use key. When you need to reinstall the game (and you will!) you're in for one nasty speed bump.

Instead, buy the SH4 Gold version off a store shelf. It has no slimy Sony SecuRom module to scan your computer for innocent software that Sony doesn't like every time SH4 starts up and it can be reinstalled multiple times without the need to go through the hassle of trying to obtain a new key from a company that back burners your needs after they have your cash.

U-Boat missions made some adjustments other than the addition of the U-Boat which make it well worth the trouble to obtain. The most important of these is speed. The original SH4 kept the entire ocean in RAM at all times, including thousands of contacts you would never encounter. UBM loads only the contacts within a certain radius from your sub while all the rest are safely kept in a Shoedinger's Cat-like limbo. The result is a new SH4 that loads quicker and plays better--remarkably better. If that were the only change in UBM it would be a compelling reason to acquire it.
Glad I started poking around the IV forum, and thank you for that info.
Was questioning the need for the add-on even though I just want to give the fleet boats a go. Thing is I bought IV plain through D2D first, oh well.
Old 03-04-10, 05:32 PM   #14
Immacolata
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

Im on the SHIV Gold Edition bandwagon as well. I think I will try with the Trigger Maru mod first, since I kind of enjoyed SH IV's Pacific Theatre back in '07 when it was released.

"The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."
- W. Churchill
Immacolata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 07:11 AM   #15
kknobl
Swabbie

Downloads: 73

OK...New to SH4 and have a [dumb] question or two...

The mods - how do you actually install them? Using JSGME?

And if so, I've tried installing JSGME to the SH4 directory, but no mods folder is created.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin
Silent Hunter 4 w/ UBoat Missions expansion
AMD Phenom Quad Core, Windows 7 Premium, 6 GB RAM, NVIDA HD4350 w/512k video memory
kknobl is offline   Reply With Quote