SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-10, 10:33 PM   #46
Buck_O
Helmsman

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

Makman94

Ok, I started mission from port. Everything checks out great!!, with MaGui 3.1. Still I'm courious as to why I dont need to install "Patch_compat_2_DD_OH_V3.09"?
Old 04-09-10, 05:45 AM   #47
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_O View Post
Makman94

Ok, I started mission from port. Everything checks out great!!, with MaGui 3.1. Still I'm courious as to why I dont need to install "Patch_compat_2_DD_OH_V3.09"?
hi Buck_O,

becuase it contains files that will be overwritten by the ''FM_NI fix for MaGui'' .have in mind ,that the game 'reads' only the last installed at your mod list and as these files are allready in the ''FM_NI fix for MaGui'' ,there is no need to run "Patch_compat_2_DD_OH_V3.09" at all .

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 04-09-10, 08:27 AM   #48
CybaGirl
Sailor Gal

Downloads: 29

First of all would like to say this is an awesome mod and I love the way it changes everything in SH3. It brings new life to the game and is simply fantastic! So thank you so much for creating it .

I do have one question though and it is probably a lazy question more than anything . But I was wondering is there anyway or anything I can do to enable the range of a ship to be shown to me on the Periscope and UZO screens like in the stock game?

As the notepad just has a ship on it and a tick. I noticed sometimes this tick went red but I am unsure what it meant. But no range distance is ever displayed on the notepad.

So I am just wondering if there is a way I can get the range to be displayed on the notepad?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-10, 01:05 PM   #49
comet61
Sparky

Downloads: 240
Default Gyro angle meter

Has anyone noticed that when in the Obs Periscope view that the Gyro dial when turning the scope "sticks" then skips? If I turn the scope to the left and hit about 340° the gyro dial stops while I keep turning the scope than jumps to about 240° and continues then does it again as I turn a full 360°? Odd.
Old 04-09-10, 01:42 PM   #50
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybaGirl View Post

So I am just wondering if there is a way I can get the range to be displayed on the notepad?

Thanks.
Yes, I agree with this ! That would be great if that were possible, that I have the range on the notepad ! Makman, is it possible ???

Best regards,
Magic
Old 04-11-10, 11:36 AM   #51
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybaGirl View Post
First of all would like to say this is an awesome mod and I love the way it changes everything in SH3. It brings new life to the game and is simply fantastic! So thank you so much for creating it .

I do have one question though and it is probably a lazy question more than anything . But I was wondering is there anyway or anything I can do to enable the range of a ship to be shown to me on the Periscope and UZO screens like in the stock game?

As the notepad just has a ship on it and a tick. I noticed sometimes this tick went red but I am unsure what it meant. But no range distance is ever displayed on the notepad.

Thanks.
hello CybaGirl,

i guess that you use MaGui with manual targeting OFF. well , MaGui is designed for manual targeting (must be checked at your options) other way a lot of MaGui's stuff will not be fuctional (like the aob wheels or the tdc-torpedo settings panel at obs peri )
BUT, if you still want to use MaGui with manual targeting OFF ,then the range that you are looking for is always showing on the range dial at tdc (right bottom dial at tdc on peri and uzo page). when you point your scope to the target ,you will notice that the dial is showing you automatically the range

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet61 View Post
Has anyone noticed that when in the Obs Periscope view that the Gyro dial when turning the scope "sticks" then skips? If I turn the scope to the left and hit about 340° the gyro dial stops while I keep turning the scope than jumps to about 240° and continues then does it again as I turn a full 360°? Odd.
hi Comet,

gyroangle is working only for angles -95,+95 ,other than these angles ...you don't have a solution for the target so you don't look at the dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Yes, I agree with this ! That would be great if that were possible, that I have the range on the notepad ! Makman, is it possible ???

Best regards,
Magic
hi Magic,

your question answered at my reply to Cybagirl

bye

Old 04-11-10, 08:37 PM   #52
CybaGirl
Sailor Gal

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello CybaGirl,

i guess that you use MaGui with manual targeting OFF. well , MaGui is designed for manual targeting (must be checked at your options) other way a lot of MaGui's stuff will not be fuctional (like the aob wheels or the tdc-torpedo settings panel at obs peri )
Ok thanks I will look into this.
Old 04-13-10, 02:52 AM   #53
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:

hi Magic,

your question answered at my reply to Cybagirl

bye
Yes, thank you very much Makman !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 04-14-10, 02:53 AM   #54
rea00cy
Loader

Downloads: 337

Quote:
The MaGui 3.1 mod (Manos Gui -v3.1)
---------------------------------------------

================================================== ===============
last update on 14/4/2010 (a patch for MaGui 3.1)
---------------------------------------------------

MaGui 3.1-patch
-----------------

changings-addings
-------------------

1.replace the torpedo's icons (at obs peri ). now the icons are above the periscope.that way ,we can look and use them when the torpedo settings-tdc panel is locked on view. I like that.

2.tweaks at dragable nomograph so ,now you can draw lines on top of it.you can 'grab' and place it on screen only by its wooden part on the upper(thanks to Karamazovnew-Hitman for this 'solution').
the printed one navmap nomograph is removed. A must to have 4me.

3.correcting some tiny inaccuracies at depth's,shallow depth's and speed's dials. I took note of this- sometimes up to 2°! So this is another welcome change.
4.the 'pointer' at the small compass (the one that show up with the other dials for speed and depth-and why not that in the huge compass?) is now directly linked to the bearing of scopes. that way is showing to you imediatelly the relative to North bearings so there is no need for the player to move the pointer anymore. This is GREAT!

can be found at my FF page. Downloading, THANKS AGAIN MKN!
================================================== ===============

UPDATED: 5/4/2010

playing the game , i thought that it will be more handy to change the torpedoes settings-tdc's panel at Obs peri from sliding to a clicable one. now, the panel has a button (the handle that you see at the right of screen) ,clic on it and the panel will show up and stay locked there.that way we are able, always, to see tdc's dials at obs peri too.

clicing again on the panel's handle will take it out of view.

addings-changes to previous version
-------------------------------------
1.changing the diameter of obs periscope and the 'look' of it to be more 'close' to the original one (based on photo's infos from Hitman). Is this change to a smaller or larger diameter? I really love that large diameter!
2.changing the torpedo settings-tdc panel from sliding to clicable in order to stay locked on view.
3.adds at obs periscope a rounded dial for the gyroangle made by FLB Sale`s ( the digital gyro is removed). I'll love this. Definitively, I don't like digitals...Is it possible to elimitate the digital clock in the bottom panel and to convert it to analog? Actually, other than the time X settings, I prefer not to look at the left-hand side of this panel. For a greater inmersion I make all of my reading on the instruments...
4.replacing the dragable nomograph with a new one made by Fader Berg.
also , Fader Berg's nomograph is now printed on navmap's paper
5.reworked images for the shortcut's,map tool's and officer's icons(the outlines are based on images made by Naights)

I love your work, Markman!

Regards, rea00cy
Old 04-14-10, 08:53 AM   #55
IFRT-WHUFC
Engineer

Downloads: 374
Default Great Work!!

Great work again Makman!!

Can you possibly fix the Compass.tga, Line.tga, Protractor.tga and Square.tga so that 0 degrees or North are at the top when in use kind of looks a bit weird when N is S ie at the bottom! After all N is always at the top of the screen!

ok
Rick
Old 04-14-10, 12:02 PM   #56
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFRT-WHUFC View Post
Great work again Makman!!

Can you possibly fix the Compass.tga, Line.tga, Protractor.tga and Square.tga so that 0 degrees or North are at the top when in use kind of looks a bit weird when N is S ie at the bottom! After all N is always at the top of the screen!

ok
Rick
That's the way it is supposed to be.
If you use one of those tools, click on a point on your map and draw a line toward the bottom of your map. Where the line crosses the compass gives you a "true" course, in this case 180 if you go straight down.
Confusing at first, but it works and that's the way the tools are supposed to work.

“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
Old 04-14-10, 01:15 PM   #57
comet61
Sparky

Default tools direction

Quote:
That's the way it is supposed to be.
Yup...this is true. This eliminates having to subtract or add 180° if the tools had 0° on top. Of course the drag-able compass/protract. tool on the map is opposite. Basically that is for you to help set course or find a course with a known line.
Old 04-15-10, 06:21 AM   #58
IFRT-WHUFC
Engineer

Downloads: 374
Default That I understand.....

but in reality a compass needle always points to North therefore a real navigator would need to add/subtract anyway to find the true bearing so IMO it makes no sense being set that way!

thanks
Rick
Old 04-15-10, 01:44 PM   #59
comet61
Sparky

Default bearing

The tools in the Navmap are basically for tracking and finding targets if not pinpointing true course and their position. Yes..you'll need a compass that points true north, however, having the tools "upside down" eliminates the calculation process when getting a bearing to target from your position. Also, these are plotting tools, not necessarily used to find where you are, but the target. If you really want to go hardcore use the sextant in Magui. That tool is used to find where you are on the map.
Old 04-15-10, 04:55 PM   #60
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFRT-WHUFC View Post
but in reality a compass needle always points to North therefore a real navigator would need to add/subtract anyway to find the true bearing so IMO it makes no sense being set that way!

thanks
Rick
hi Rick,
i am not a sailor but i guess that in reality they didn't draw lines been like a 'rope' extended it or moving it up or down on map.i guess that they had a special tool for making parallel lines , a diabetes and an angle tool.
these tools are made so (rotaded 180 degrees ) just to make your life easier and i really don't see the point to make them the other way and have always to add 180 degrees.
but if you still like to have the 0 degrees up it is very simple to make them so...open the images with a graphic programme and rotate them by 180 degrees

Closed Thread