Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-17, 04:21 PM   #1
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Default Potential bug TWoS 2.08

Hi all:
Wanted to share with you an experience I had leaving Wilhelmshaven harbor last night for patrol. I ran the harbor pilot as per my usual, and commenced to assigning out promotion points to the crew when I heard that awful scraping sound combined with the crew screaming about damage. My U-Boat had ran smack into the pier wall on the northern heading directly outside the pen. I checked my script and indeed it was running as it should. I simply restarted back in the pen and created my own course out of the harbor. That port turn out of the pen is quite sharp, perhaps there has been a change? Maybe I just don't recall it due to always using the pilot to enter and exit. Just a heads up to Vecko and fellow kaleuns.
-Rolf Weare U-51 TWoS 2.08

Last edited by Rwearjr; 08-30-17 at 09:40 PM. Reason: wrong version
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 04:33 PM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwearjr View Post
Hi all:
Wanted to share with you an experience I had leaving Wilhelmshaven harbor last night for patrol. I ran the harbor pilot as per my usual, and commenced to assigning out promotion points to the crew when I heard that awful scraping sound combined with the crew screaming about damage. My U-Boat had ran smack into the pier wall on the northern heading directly outside the pen. I checked my script and indeed it was running as it should. I simply restarted back in the pen and created my own course out of the harbor. That port turn out of the pen is quite sharp, perhaps there has been a change? Maybe I just don't recall it due to always using the pilot to enter and exit. Just a heads up to Vecko and fellow kaleuns.
-Rolf Weare U-51 TWoS 2.07
Hey Rwearjr,
This can happen on rare occasions , especially if you use speed commands and time compression before you exit the bunker. Otherwise, I can confirm that all harbor pilot scripts work just fine...
Make sure to select correct pilot script though...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 05:26 PM   #3
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Thank you for the reply Vecko, might I add that the new intro music and backdrop are just plain sick. I must have watched it and listened to the music three times before I actually loaded my save and started the patrol. Don't want to get too repetitious, but I seem to find something new to like every single patrol, and am amazed by the amount of detail and love you and the community here have put into this game. It must have taken many, many hours. I am hoping to run up on a AI battle again in the future similar to the Luftwaffe attack on Polish warships I witnessed in Danzig bay!
A heartfelt thanks, with more to come.
Rwearjr "Rolf Weare" U-51

Last edited by Rwearjr; 08-30-17 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-30-17, 07:20 PM   #4
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

I ran into this at one of the ports in the Med. where it was a sharp right turn. I just reran the script and reduced the sub speed after it started moving in the pen, and it ran fine then. 6-7 kts was just too fast for the turn.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 11:43 PM   #5
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Interesting. I was allowing the script to do its thing, which is usually 1/3 speed 6-7 knots. Perhaps on my next exit I will use advanced controls and lower to 3-5 knots and see what happens.