SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-17, 03:21 PM   #5446
chipsranger
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 759
Uploads: 0

How do I install this mod?

chipsranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 04:56 PM   #5447
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
the conditions you describe are quite common: TC, activity, pausing, shelling out, ships in the vicinity. whew...i am surprized that i have not seen this phenom previously. but hey, maybe this was an odd thing and since it is late in the war, maybe it wont be back in the next two months and i'll be done.

which reminds me, i need to find another mod to play.
Unfortunately, the nature of the game is that it was written in 2005-07 to be the only thing operating on the computer at the time you're playing it. It is very jealous (helped immensely by Windows) of all of the computer's hardware interface, including the video sub-system and sound sub-system. When you shell-out, it's like interrupting the video and sound systems, and they seem to get "lost" as to what they were doing prior to going out to Windows. By the same token, lots of TC and a lot of traffic, especially if you're shooting torpedoes at something, seem to "stress" the system and it similarly "gets lost" as to what it is supposed to do. My supposition that Saving the game, then exiting and coming back in clears the game's memory, and allows a decent playtime again. I have had things "missing" though when I come back in after a Save in some of those busy situations... but I've seen that in all of the mods.

As to trying another mod, I can vouch for Bleiente's version of TMO / RSRDC in Ralles RealModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC

However, if you want a slightly different mod, I cannot praise THEBERBSTER's mix of Webster's Game Fixes Only,
Beginners Mod List For SH4 Including Download Link highly enough. Excellent, even if it is mostly stock.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 05:13 PM   #5448
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsranger View Post
How do I install this mod?

When you download the mod, it is in a compressed archive 7-zip file. It's easiest to use 7-zip to "un-zip" it. That will put it in a folder of the same name as the 7-Zip file. To "install" the mod, you will actually "activate" it with JSGME - JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler. Before you go and download JSGME, there is a copy of it in zip format in the "Extras" folder in the "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.63..." mod. Put a copy of it in the "root" of your Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific folder, un-zip it with 7-Zip, and "run" it in there. That will create a "MODS" folder. Drag or copy the whole "Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate" mod folder over into the MODS folder. Now run JSGME again, select the "100_FalloftheRisingSun_..." in the left-hand side of the window, click on the arrow that points to the right, and then wait on JSGME to come up with a window that tells you all the files that will be over-written, and click on "Yes" to activate it. There's a more detailed write-up on the process in that JSGME thread linked to above. Others will most likely have more / better comments also...

Old 11-05-17, 06:22 PM   #5449
chipsranger
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 759

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
When you download the mod, it is in a compressed archive 7-zip file. It's easiest to use 7-zip to "un-zip" it. That will put it in a folder of the same name as the 7-Zip file. To "install" the mod, you will actually "activate" it with JSGME - JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler. Before you go and download JSGME, there is a copy of it in zip format in the "Extras" folder in the "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.63..." mod. Put a copy of it in the "root" of your Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific folder, un-zip it with 7-Zip, and "run" it in there. That will create a "MODS" folder. Drag or copy the whole "Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate" mod folder over into the MODS folder. Now run JSGME again, select the "100_FalloftheRisingSun_..." in the left-hand side of the window, click on the arrow that points to the right, and then wait on JSGME to come up with a window that tells you all the files that will be over-written, and click on "Yes" to activate it. There's a more detailed write-up on the process in that JSGME thread linked to above. Others will most likely have more / better comments also...
chipsranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 10:34 PM   #5450
propbeanie

yer welcome. btw, it does take JSGME quite a while to activate a mod this big. If you click anywhere on the computer while it's activating FotRSU, you'll see a Windows message "JSGME has stopped responding..." Leave it lay and finish its task. It will just be a while doing it's job...

You should also find the LAA program in the Extras folder, and that little applet is almost mandatory to use with FotRSU, again due to the mod's size - and it is currently growing in size again... See CapnScurvy's excellent thread Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install. He speaks specifically to Windows 10, but it also can be applied to 64-bit versions of Vista, Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 almost as easily...

Old 11-07-17, 03:29 AM   #5451
Faith
Bosun

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 6

Just started using this mod, and I'm suprised. It really is a fantastic mod in terms of quality.

Just a few errors I've noticed in the names:
-Soryu class being called Soryo
-Yugumo class called Yugomu
-Heavy minelayer Okinoshim_ (it's missing the "a")
-NL_C=Medium Heavyloadfreighter (missing some spaces)
Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 09:32 AM   #5452
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaexa View Post
..........whenever I play any of the American subs, my torpedoes won't fire. German torpedoes work like a charm, but whenever I push the button, so to speak, my weapons officer doesn't even so much as speak up. The game just does nothing.
Reading the "Help" page (key F-1), or looking at the printable "Keyboard" layout images, will show you needing to use both the "Control" key and the "Enter" key in order to Fire a torpedo. This was done to keep players from striking just the "Enter" key and accidentally shooting off a torpedo by mistake.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 06:14 PM   #5453
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1105
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith View Post
Just started using this mod, and I'm suprised. It really is a fantastic mod in terms of quality.

Just a few errors I've noticed in the names:
-Soryu class being called Soryo (Already fixed for next update)
-Yugumo class called Yugomu (Just been fixed)
-Heavy minelayer Okinoshim_ (it's missing the "a") (Already fixed for next update)
-NL_C=Medium Heavyloadfreighter (missing some spaces) (Spaces now added)
Good find.
Old 11-08-17, 11:19 PM   #5454
caspofungin
Commander

Downloads: 41

quick question...

just getting back into sh4 after a long time away. Does this supermod include the ship acceleration fixes done by Webster or JREX53? The ones that get rid of the Formula 1 destroyers...

Thanks
caspofungin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 01:21 PM   #5455
propbeanie

Neither is used, unless they're "buried" in the documentation, but the way the ships used to move, I doubt there was anything restricting their acceleration rate... XTBilly did some preliminary work on the problem, and got the DD and DE to not take off like jackrabbits. His work was not complete prior to his job status changing, and we have since found other related issues that may change things anyway. But currently, the Japanese DD & DE cannot do a 0-36 knots in 2.3 seconds anymore (usually)...

Old 11-11-17, 08:39 AM   #5456
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Default Ship Physics

My intention is to go over all ship units within Ultimate to specifically look at ship behavior.......acceleration, ship stability during high wind speeds, Hydrophone opperations.

Yes, Hydrophone operations! I've found the main reason why the player Hydrophone doesn't "hear" a target ship (although the players Sonar/Hydrophone crewman does) is due to the very parameters that effect ship acceleration and engine power. When previous attempts of adjusting these parameters have tried to address a ships "jackrabbit" acceleration, they have done so with the effect of eliminating the ships capability to be heard by the player using the hydrophone. Not a good trade at all!! I hope to find an acceptable solution for both issues.

I should point out, I'm very nearly done with adding AI ships firing torpedoes at enemy targets (including the players sub). I've been sucessful in having the soon-to-be-added Japanese AI Subs (9 in all), plus an American Fleetboat, and German U-Boat firing torpedoes, at about a 50% hit rate! I've started to look at adding this capability to an Hatsuharu Destroyer (since we were looking at it a few pages back), and have seen good results. This should give us the opportunity to add another weapon to the AI ship arsenal, which can be added wherever we choose.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 07:02 PM   #5457
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
My intention is to go over all ship units within Ultimate to specifically look at ship behavior.......acceleration, ship stability during high wind speeds, Hydrophone opperations.

Yes, Hydrophone operations! I've found the main reason why the player Hydrophone doesn't "hear" a target ship (although the players Sonar/Hydrophone crewman does) is due to the very parameters that effect ship acceleration and engine power. When previous attempts of adjusting these parameters have tried to address a ships "jackrabbit" acceleration, they have done so with the effect of eliminating the ships capability to be heard by the player using the hydrophone. Not a good trade at all!! I hope to find an acceptable solution for both issues.

I should point out, I'm very nearly done with adding AI ships firing torpedoes at enemy targets (including the players sub). I've been sucessful in having the soon-to-be-added Japanese AI Subs (9 in all), plus an American Fleetboat, and German U-Boat firing torpedoes, at about a 50% hit rate! I've started to look at adding this capability to an Hatsuharu Destroyer (since we were looking at it a few pages back), and have seen good results. This should give us the opportunity to add another weapon to the AI ship arsenal, which can be added wherever we choose.
Can i get a transfer to the medical core capn ?

Just been using PP's new campaign files... Getting out of pearl in one piece is bad enough!!!
Old 11-12-17, 10:44 AM   #5458
propbeanie

At least they aren't ~shooting~ at you... wait'll you get into the deep water of the open sea...

Old 11-12-17, 11:01 AM   #5459
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
At least they aren't ~shooting~ at you... wait'll you get into the deep water of the open sea...
I'm stayin in Pearl...
Old 11-18-17, 04:55 PM   #5460
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755
Default Full interior's

I wonder if someone will ever try and make full interiors for fleetboats?
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote