SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-20-18, 05:51 AM   #1
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0
Default What happened to the mod We dive at dawn

Hi. I have the mod installed and try to run the Brittish sub Ultor. It looks very nice but CTDs en route to the pz. I cant see anything about this mod anymore so my question is only if it was so full of bugs that it has been removed totally

Regards
Gozo

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-18, 12:08 PM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Nothing wrong with We Dive at Dawn at all. It was released by Lurker_hlb3 as a bonus mod from the beginning:
Quote:
This Bonus Mod provides users with the ability to conduct Royal Navy Submarine operations in various theaters during the Second World War.

In the V100 version of WDAD the theater of operation is the Pacific from January 1944 to August 1945 in the Bay of Bengal, Andaman Sea, Straits of Malacca, Java Sea and South China Sea. The subs users will get to use will be the T Class (developed by Keltos01 & company) and later (V2xx series) the U Class (developed by VAA and the SOM group). There are two start dates / home ports in this RN Eastern Fleet / Pacific Fleet version; January 1st 1944 (Trincomalee, Ceylon) and January 1st 1945 (Fremantle, Australia) with patrol objectives based on information from British Submarines of World War II.

Mod thread for questions: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170639

We Dive at Dawn is a Bonus Mod, available to any supporter of the website.

WDAD should “ONLY” be installed over a clean install of SH4 v1.5 and WDAD is “NOT” compatable with any other MODS.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-18, 11:13 PM   #3
Mork_417
Lieutenant Commander

Downloads: 263

Don't mean to hi-jack your thread GOZO, but while we're on the subject...

My T Class looks a bit pale... Did i mess something up in the mod install?
Old 10-20-18, 11:25 PM   #4
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork_417 View Post
My T Class looks a bit pale... Did i mess something up in the mod install?
Well, that’s just a blueprint. What about the actual 3D model in the game?
Old 10-21-18, 12:29 AM   #5
Mork_417
Lieutenant Commander

Downloads: 263

The actual 3D model looks good. Was just curious about the damage screen picture.
Old 10-21-18, 06:55 AM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZO View Post
Hi. I have the mod installed and try to run the Brittish sub Ultor. It looks very nice but CTDs en route to the pz. I cant see anything about this mod anymore so my question is only if it was so full of bugs that it has been removed totally

Regards
Gozo
Gozo, what date are you going out, and from where? What are your mission orders? How far are you getting to travel before the CTD? If you travel in the opposite direction, do you get farther?... I have an install of WDAD on my old computer, and I can look in the files for issues, if you can be a bit more specific.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-18, 03:28 PM   #7
GOZO
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Gozo, what date are you going out, and from where? What are your mission orders? How far are you getting to travel before the CTD? If you travel in the opposite direction, do you get farther?... I have an install of WDAD on my old computer, and I can look in the files for issues, if you can be a bit more specific.
I have the HMS Ultor U-class sub. January 1944. Starting from Sri Lanka and PZ Thai waters straight east from Sri Lanka. Mission orders "Anti shipping".

It crashes approx after 2/3 of the way to PZ. Reloading again also creates immediate CTD.

Good to hear that it should work. I love the RN Subs. Got inspired by the book "Diving Stations" written by Peter Dornan and is about RN Captain George Hunt who was cmdr of the HMS Ultor.

EDIT:

I saw that I installed Cptn Midningts radio mod........ Could it be that??? TESTED but No.

EDIT 2

To be specific the Crash occurs after saving and leaving the SH4. You get a message saying that SH4 has stopped working. Well that can happen BUT starting it up again and loading the last save you get a CTD halfway into lte loading screen, just as the "Please Wait" comes up........

EDIT 3

By deleting old saves and starting a new career with a T-class sub it all seems to work again. Historically no U-class subs operated in the pacific so it could have been that doing the thing. Can now save, leave for main menue and exit the sim without problems. I can restart and load the save to continue as well.

If I want to play a U-class I use the single mission departing from Malta instead. Pity there is no campaign for the Med theatre allowing you to choose sub, commander etc but maybe I can have missed something???

SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD

Last edited by GOZO; 10-23-18 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-23-18, 02:56 PM   #8
GOZO
Commander

Default Gauges gets stuck???

While running a single mission in the med with an U-class sub, the depth gauges gets stuck at 90 ft on surface? Worked fine when I loaded the save earlier.
What more is that the sonar bearing gauge also is stuck. Can only move it by using "home" & "end" buttons....

Any ideas??

Old 10-23-18, 08:36 PM   #9
propbeanie

OK, I cannot get my old computer to go... not surprising. The beast has been sitting back there ignored for over a year now... and is jealous I suppose...

Anyway, what I know:
If you have Cptn Midningt's radio mod installed, it can indeed cause a CTD if you don't have the "fix" applied. It is a date configuration thing, and someone has a post around here somewhere about fixing it. Since I can't get into my computer, I can only guess on the boat's gauges, and that would be a guess that your boat has parts that are conflicting with another submarine that has rendered in the scene.

As for the Med, try this thread: A British Med Campaign by JapLance & sidslotm. You kind of have to dig for the download link, but bismarck1011 uploaded it to SubSim here: Med Campaign 2.5 Release. Now, there are some issues with it, but it can be a blast...

Old 10-24-18, 12:52 PM   #10
GOZO
Commander

Quote:
OK, I cannot get my old computer to go... not surprising. The beast has been sitting back there ignored for over a year now... and is jealous I suppose...

Anyway, what I know:
If you have Cptn Midningt's radio mod installed, it can indeed cause a CTD if you don't have the "fix" applied. It is a date configuration thing, and someone has a post around here somewhere about fixing it. Since I can't get into my computer, I can only guess on the boat's gauges, and that would be a guess that your boat has parts that are conflicting with another submarine that has rendered in the scene.

As for the Med, try this thread: A British Med Campaign by JapLance & sidslotm. You kind of have to dig for the download link, but bismarck1011 uploaded it to SubSim here: Med Campaign 2.5 Release. Now, there are some issues with it, but it can be a blast...
Ypical for an ignored computer!!

Ok. Thanks for the link

The forum and its posts are a lot to read so I´ll go for it.

I will also test both to se if Cptn midninght can be installed before the patch otherwise I use to make my own radio channels as did with my USN careers (Ralles mod for SHIV).

Cheers and give the old puter a few friendly words.
Gozo

Old 10-24-18, 01:23 PM   #11
propbeanie

We've done some further investigating on the Med Campaign 2.5 files, and they use a LOT of "-remove" directives in the Roster folder. It also basically "kills" the Indiana Ocean portion from lurker... As for Captain Midnight's mod, it's a few changes to the config of the files. I was not able to find the threads with any mention of the fix yet, but I know someone did...

Old 10-24-18, 01:56 PM   #12
GOZO
Commander

Quote:
We've done some further investigating on the Med Campaign 2.5 files, and they use a LOT of "-remove" directives in the Roster folder. It also basically "kills" the Indiana Ocean portion from lurker... As for Captain Midnight's mod, it's a few changes to the config of the files. I was not able to find the threads with any mention of the fix yet, but I know someone did...
GREAT! Just installed it and it seems to work well.

En route for the south Adriatic

Old 10-25-18, 09:19 AM   #13
GOZO
Commander

Default Minor questions

The Campaign is a dream!!

Just sunk my first DD outside the entrance to the Messina str.

A few details,

1) At the diving station there are no crew unless you have "Battle stations"?

2) The sonar is not very sensitive when listening for large merchants etc. Cant hear anything even if close? Is that normal?

I use to like sitting at the sonar station for long times just trying to find possible targets long before the sonar operator does. Can I make some trix with the "sensors files"? (Experiencing the same with the Pacific US campaign sometimes)

Gozo

Old 10-25-18, 03:05 PM   #14
propbeanie

"Crewing" - I am clueless. I sort of know the files, but probably only enough to crash the computer (my forte). If on the surface and not at battle stations, see if the helmsman isn't top-side, close enough to the skipper to be kicked...

As for the sonar, especially early war, they don't work if on the surface. I'm not sure if lurker included further "depth sensitivity" effects or not. I do know he was conversing with a member back when about doing that, to where it didn't work on the surface at all, only worked partially, up close, when at periscope depth, even better at 60 meters, and was at its best at 100 meters. He might mention that in the ReadMe somewhere, or it might be mentioned in OM or RSRDC, which were all being worked on and updated simultaneously ( )...

Old 10-26-18, 08:39 AM   #15
GOZO
Commander

Quote:
"Crewing" - I am clueless. I sort of know the files, but probably only enough to crash the computer (my forte). If on the surface and not at battle stations, see if the helmsman isn't top-side, close enough to the skipper to be kicked...

As for the sonar, especially early war, they don't work if on the surface. I'm not sure if lurker included further "depth sensitivity" effects or not. I do know he was conversing with a member back when about doing that, to where it didn't work on the surface at all, only worked partially, up close, when at periscope depth, even better at 60 meters, and was at its best at 100 meters. He might mention that in the ReadMe somewhere, or it might be mentioned in OM or RSRDC, which were all being worked on and updated simultaneously ( )...
Ok for the crew.

So the sonar was that bad in the early stges. Cool! No problems. Just curious.
Sailing a german sub with a KDB installed its a different story indeed

On the surface they shouldnt work at all. (Ralles fleetboat mod has taken care of that plus LSH3 and SHIII vanilla as well I beleive)

Gozo