SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-09-11, 06:47 PM   #451
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Great work!

I just list some things that came to mind while testing this

1. It seemed really heavy at many times, i think because of the shadows
2. The original map was better and clearer
3. interior mod took my lightbulbs away from the sub! I have nvidia card and it has some problems with the interior mod
4. I like the stock heads and the clouds! is it possible to mod these things back manually by jsgme?

This will be a great mod, no crashing yet.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 06:49 PM   #452
thfeu58
Officer

Downloads: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by col_Kurtz View Post
So... this is really surprised me Almost... almost! This is Brunstbuttel, am I right? So where is it exactly. Oh my God...
I passed this way... I`m not sure how many times (Opus Magnum Mod of course) and I see it the first time! Previously, I had a collision with another ship. Harbour Pilot failed this time. After loading the game from autosave plotted new course and I see it...

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1_Patch_1.0

Anybody noticed that?
Have you started to install the Magnum_Opus a new career, or only load a previously saved game?
For a correct representation of the new Brunsbüttel, a dds file is stored, which is loaded only when beginning a new career.
Brunsbüttel is no isolated cases, for other ports are those files stored. A new start career is necessary.

Greeting
thfeu58
thfeu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 07:28 PM   #453
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I'm just finishing up patch 2 for Magnum Opus. Here's what it entails:

- ability to change map colors and place map back to stock color
- fix for missing lights for users with nVidia GPUs
- added ability for ships to fire off radio messages when they detect you
- added ability for ships to fire off radio messages when sinking/destroyed
- added ACSoft's Environment 5.0 fix
- added Trevally's tutorials
- included the Anti-Lag program for those users who want to try it (if you're having poor fps performance it's a good thing to look into)
- ability to set SteelViking's HR or LS shadows or put shadows back to stock
- changes to ship's lengths, masts, and drafts (work by Trevally and toniloCoyote) and revised RAOBF graticules for the scopes
- changed how you enable a scope mod to be more user friendly. Now you just select the scope mod you need for your aspect ratio - no patches required

Patch 2 can only be installed when you are IN PORT.

Patch 2 released. See post #1 for details

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 01-09-11 at 07:47 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 07:49 PM   #454
antier
Watch

Downloads: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I have SteelViking's high resolution shadow improvement mod enabled in it. That's probably why. I'll be releasing another patch here soon that will provide more options
I confirm : the Shadow Improvement Mod is the mod causing FPS drop down (tried with a 6_3_3 version, no megamod).
antier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 07:54 PM   #455
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by antier View Post
I confirm : the Shadow Improvement Mod is the mod causing FPS drop down (tried with a 6_3_3 version, no megamod).
patch 2 gives you options of enabling the HR or LS version or putting shadows back to stock values
Old 01-09-11, 08:07 PM   #456
antier
Watch

Quote:
I have SteelViking's high resolution shadow improvement mod enabled in it. That's probably why. I'll be releasing another patch here soon that will provide more options
Quote:
patch 2 gives you options of enabling the HR or LS version or putting shadows back to stock values
I confirm : with patch 2, everything works well, no more lags ! Big thanks !
Old 01-09-11, 08:15 PM   #457
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by antier View Post
I confirm : with patch 2, everything works well, no more lags ! Big thanks !
What did you use? Stock or LR version for the shadows? I have a GTX480 and I can run everything at max settings with this and still get 60 fps (locked to v-sync) @ 1920 X 1200
Old 01-09-11, 09:20 PM   #458
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Just had a CTD when starting a brand new career. I did notice something funny about how it happened. Since I had already finished the tutorial mission it asked me if I wanted to skip the Tutorial. Naturally I said yes. So I went and got my mission orders and then selected start new patrol. Now usually as soon as you click the start new patrol you get the loading screen for a little while and then you are on your uboat. This didn't happen this time So I proceeded on as normal and as soon as I got into the harbor CTD!
I deleted the career (it was a brand new one) and started a new career. This time as soon as I was in the bunker I saved my game and exited the game. Restarted the game and reloaded my newly saved career. Went and got my mission orders and selected start the new patrol and got the loading screen and no CTD.
So be warned - when starting a new career and you elect to skip the tutorial save career, exit game, restart game, reload newly created career to avoid a CTD
Old 01-10-11, 01:13 AM   #459
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
The IRAI part of this mod will challenge you

So how is everyone's framerates (fps)? I included the high res version of SteelViking's shadow mod which can be a real frame killer on some computers. Do I need to step it down to his low res version?

My framerates are at a steady 40 fps (including the d3d_antilag101).
I'm perfectly satisfied with performance now with this Mod activated through JSGME - completely flawless and smoooooooth.
My rig runs SH5 rather fine even without this Mod but considering all Mods being activated I always get really outstanding performance. Tweak it to your taste in the included .cfg file.
I really can't see why not everyone should use this one!? Should eliminate a major part of all discussions about fps:es and give everyone a very nice experience playing SH5. The SH5 doesn't need any higher fps to run perfectly. At least not for me.
(The d3d_antilag101 is said to work with other games too but so far I haven't tried it with other games).
If there are any doubts I can assure it's worth giving it a try!
For those who would like to try, download here:

http://www.filefront.com/user/BadgerFinn

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 01:52 AM   #460
James Cook
Seaman

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
My framerates are at a steady 40 fps (including the d3d_antilag101).
I'm perfectly satisfied with performance now with this Mod activated through JSGME - completely flawless and smoooooooth.
My rig runs SH5 rather fine even without this Mod but considering all Mods being activated I always get really outstanding performance. Tweak it to your taste in the included .cfg file.
I really can't see why not everyone should use this one!? Should eliminate a major part of all discussions about fps:es and give everyone a very nice experience playing SH5. The SH5 doesn't need any higher fps to run perfectly. At least not for me.
(The d3d_antilag101 is said to work with other games too but so far I haven't tried it with other games).
If there are any doubts I can assure it's worth giving it a try!
For those who would like to try, download here:

http://www.filefront.com/user/BadgerFinn

//
confirmed! im runnimg the game with high specs, full aa/af and its smooth again. thanks, silent steel. 35fps does the job.

@TDW: man....... thank you!!!

Last edited by James Cook; 01-10-11 at 01:56 AM. Reason: p.s.: IRAI is nutcracking bitch, yeah! thought i was tough, but, ehrm...
James Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 02:10 AM   #461
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Just had a CTD when starting a brand new career. I did notice something funny about how it happened. Since I had already finished the tutorial mission it asked me if I wanted to skip the Tutorial. Naturally I said yes. So I went and got my mission orders and then selected start new patrol. Now usually as soon as you click the start new patrol you get the loading screen for a little while and then you are on your uboat. This didn't happen this time So I proceeded on as normal and as soon as I got into the harbor CTD!
I deleted the career (it was a brand new one) and started a new career. This time as soon as I was in the bunker I saved my game and exited the game. Restarted the game and reloaded my newly saved career. Went and got my mission orders and selected start the new patrol and got the loading screen and no CTD.
So be warned - when starting a new career and you elect to skip the tutorial save career, exit game, restart game, reload newly created career to avoid a CTD
This is not something new. Its a stock bug and it happens every time when you start a new career, mostly with silentotto. Soon as you request to start patrol, you get teleported on the sub without any loading screen. Solution for when this happen is to save/load game as you realized already or end patrol and ask again for a new mission.

This is important because even if you dont get ctd right away, you will later. Also funny stuff happens, like allied air raid on the harbour which will ctd ur game no matter what, missing parts from the harbour, allied ships with german flags etc. So save/load or end patrol is mandatory if is no loading screen after leaving bunker.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 02:29 AM   #462
DonZorro
Sailor man

Downloads: 467
6_3_4 and MEGA-MOD???

HI,

The other MODs in 6_3_4 are compatble with the current Mega-Mod???

Regards,
DonZorro

DonZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 03:11 AM   #463
antier
Watch

Quote:
What did you use? Stock or LR version for the shadows? I have a GTX480 and I can run everything at max settings with this and still get 60 fps (locked to v-sync) @ 1920 X 1200
I use stock version (dunno what the LR version is !). Have radeon 5870 @ 1920 x 1200 and "I can run everything at max settings with this and still get 60 fps" too, except with Shadow Improvement Mod installed !

- with SIM : from 1 to 12 fps
- without SIM : from 70 to > 100 !
Old 01-10-11, 05:03 AM   #464
rhaak
Nub

Downloads: 99
Default German voices

Great mod!!!

Only problem I have got is the fact that my crew now sometimes speak english!!

I have installed my game with german voices. It seems your mod adds some dialog, but only in english.
rhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 06:01 AM   #465
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by thfeu58 View Post
Have you started to install the Magnum_Opus a new career, or only load a previously saved game?
For a correct representation of the new Brunsbüttel, a dds file is stored, which is loaded only when beginning a new career.
Brunsbüttel is no isolated cases, for other ports are those files stored. A new start career is necessary.

Greeting
thfeu58
Whoops... Ok. But earlier I did the same. Start from the saved game. Ok, I will this new way. Start from begin.

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote