SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-11, 05:21 PM   #1
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default I'm lost with scripting and need some guidance

I've read the editor manual backward and forward but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do something. I'm rather a newb at mission building so bear with me.
The mission I've made has a ship, sub, and a land target. What I want to happen is for the land target to be revealed through a radio message and at the same time, have a mark placed on the map showing it's location. I want this to occur only after the ship and the sub have been killed. Can anyone give me a little tutorial on how to do this properly ? So far, I simply have attached goal triggers on all the targets to register their demises.
Old 07-27-11, 12:07 AM   #2
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Put the object you want to spawn in a dynamic group, with PI=0. Then create a trigger that has the conditions to make it spawn (probably doctrine language, completed trigger kill x and completed trigger kill y). On the last page of the trigger, use the dropdown menu and select create group and then select the DG with your object in it.

It's possible that a mark/label on the chart can't be in a DG, but the target itself can, and you can set the target to be revealed automatically on the map.
Old 07-27-11, 04:02 PM   #3
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the help. I've been working with doctrine on the triggers but I have yet to get it to work yet. I'll keep plugging away at it. I'm sure I'm setting something up wrong. I really appreciate the help. I wish there were some mission creation tutorials out there to walk me through things and I KNOW that once I figure things out, I'm damn well going to write one and upload it here. It's been needed for a long time.
Old 07-27-11, 06:54 PM   #4
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

If you'd like, you can send me a copy of the mission and I can try to get it working. PM me for my email address if you want to go that route.